WCQ'16 Knockout Round FINALS Results

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
We got a couple of Finals game scheduled, so post your stories here.

notorious noob

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
1-0 win over squall

Went into the game with the far better developed team which showed throughout resulting in squall being on the backfoot pretty much all game. I feel sorry for squall as the game was decapitated by a misclick on his part. Passing to the soil next to the guy in the endzone with a WC ticket on the line pfft man o man. I would be so mad at myself.

Even nuffle felt sorry and second half started off with a blitz for squall where I but barely stopped the score. I did cost squall all his rerolls leaving him with a extremely dire situation. What followed were a whole lot of hero plays with far 2 many succesfull dice for my liking. And a blodgestep tackle witch refusing to break by the stomping of the boot. Resulting in a turn 15 knockdown of the ball carrier and some dice to be rolled on my end to score.

Very happy to have the ticket but dear god was it dragging it through in these play offs.

Balsha

Star Player
Cyanide Username
Balsha
Country Flag
2-1 Win for Thir(t)d world problems !!

First half, AzraelEVA's elves forced themselves into an early score and Problems managed to get a tying TD in. Second half problems stalled nicely all the way until the last turn where their coach made an amazingly stupid decision out of sheer panic. Their ST4 blodge ballcarrier got tackled with 2d and then the Nuffling happened. Ball bounced between AzraelEVA's players like 10 times or so before scattering into the best possible place for the problems, 1 tackle zone next to problem's AG5 witch. She had to make a pickup, a dodge and a GFI to score. Pickup was good, dodge gave me a heart attack since i had to reroll it(tackler), ultimately it was good and the 50% GFI was good.

But the whole game was one of the dirtiest games i have ever seen. Both teams induced a bribe and the crowd decided to "Get The Ref". Both teams, more or less, fouled every single turn.

To be completely honest, i do believe i Nuffled my way to victory, at the end. However, that was all due to me being a "New" coach, did not play BB before BB2 came out. I do not have nerves of steel yet !

Thank you for the game @AzraelEVA and i am sorry that we both can not be in the world cup, you played a mean game.

SlyAnimal

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
PapaNasty
Country Flag
Delven Lords 1 - 0 The NZ Deceivers

A very very very close game. He dumped a reserve before the match started so that he'd be able to buy a wizard, it turned out to be an extremely good move on his behalf. I think too that the cold weather from the blizzard which raged the entire game might have also helped @coldy :p (I failed 3/5x GFIs)

He had his offensive drive 1st half, where I made a mistake by not using my apoc on an injured runner, I forgot that this is the last game of the comp and thus simply gaining an ingame advantage was more important, so was 1 player down the entire game. But my MB/tackle blitzer was doing the hard yards, and I KO'd his witchelf + MB/tackle blitzer, which gave me enough of an advantage to hold him scoreless in the 1st half.

2nd half was my offensive drive, I positioned myself well, or so I thought, but unfortunately when he used a lightning bolt on one of my screeners (As I'd expected him to) and blitz'd my runner, I was just out of range of one of the players I'd anticipated dumping off to, and so had to just pass the ball next to him instead. Unfortunatley though coldy was able to scoop up the ball and we then spent most of the half trading the ball, as I'd dodge my way through tacklezones to blitz his ball carrier and retrieve the ball, but then be blitz'd the following turn. On T14 coldy was eventually able to break free with his ball carrier though, and I again dodged in for a 2d block, but could only roll a push, which allowed him to strengthen his position and then run in a TD on T16.

All in all a good game, good luck to coldy in the World Cup, you played well and deserve your invite. I'm in the semifinals for another WCQ so hopefully I'll have another chance at getting a ticket and then might see you again in the world cup.

Stats:

http://www.mordrek.com/BB2Stats/gam...8567be6fe1cb6d6bdf8d_2016-04-26_09_00_29.bbrz

coldy

Star Player
Cyanide Username
coldy
Country Flag
Delven Lords 1 - 0 The NZ Deceivers

thanks for the game @SlyAnimal
i think you played better today. it could be a different story.

Early in the first half,
it could be easier for me, if i could surf some players.
could not roll pushes but always pows :).
then i lost the number advantage and position with my opponents good play.
i think i was lucky to finish with a draw in my drive...

Second half, both my KOs returned back..
My bolt worked nice, i got the ball, and i thought we won the game there.
But then my opponent did a nice play and game turned into a chaos :).

I was lucky enough to get a good position on my opponent half.
Then we did not have any unlucky roll, and scored the only TD.

Thanks for the game mate, it was a nice one.
My wizard was the deciding factor here.
Wish you good luck in your other WC qualifications.

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
Congrats, @coldy! I'll post your entry in the winners thread and pass your data to Cyanide

Mossman

Veteran
Country Flag
2-0 between CAS Machines and Ostland Oxes (both winners of their respective group)

Antman was completely diced second half. So my dwarfs could easily steal the ball and score 2-0. First half I was probably on the lucky side as well, but it was still a struggle to score against the humans. Especially after antman used his wiz in the rainy weather.

All in all it was probably the luckiest game so far for the CAS Machines. Only one CAS for us though, but a thousand of knocks instead.

Last edited:

jounisii

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
jounisii
Country Flag
Pansies sufferd their 1st loss in the last hurdle, 1-2 in OT.

Jeliel played well, but...

Fucking BB2 indu rules, he got a wizard and used it very effectively clearing both of my WDs after a huge foul on his killer. And apo didn't heal my frenzy dancer. 2 babes i had didn't work that well, 2/4 KOs back, but quick snap allowed a shocker of a 1turner. 1-1. Then fucker of a BB2 struck again: on T12 I went for a leap blitz to open up a lane for an almost certain T13 score. And the mechanics failed: dancer started to make about million dodges to TZs to get the blitz. Lost the ball, but for a short moment Nuffle smiled a bit later: 2 yellows in an uphill half die SB blitz, ball out and very good bounce. But then the 2nd of the snakes of the match with a GFI and very good scoring opportunity plundered. In OT finally the last elf (AG5) returned from KO. But to no avail. Wussie luck was used even after getting to receive. Switch move with catcher on T18 snaked and pressure mounted too much. In the end AG5 makeshift thrower 1ed without rrs left and game over.

GG Jeliel. But I can't feel it was actually Cyanide who screwed me over.

In the end: thanks for Mamutas and all his minions for making this tourney happen.

Jeliel

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Jeliel
Country Flag
Thanks for the crazy game jounisii, could have easily gone either way.

I will make my report at a later time, kind of smashed at the moment, so many things happened cannot really organize it in a consequential way right now!

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
@jounisii, thank you for your kind words (I'll make sure all minions know about that. Those cute yellow critters, I love them!) and thank you for participation.

Congrats @Jeliel for claiming the last ticket. I'll have your info submitted to Focus shortly and you should here back either from me or them before not too long.

Jeliel

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Jeliel
Country Flag
Ok let me try to sum it up a bit.

First of all I had enough money saved up for a wizard and team value difference allowed the wood elves only for a couple of babes.

I choose to receive and was able to easily cage up and cause a CAS on a lineman right away (one of the 2 loners if I’m not mistaken). I pushed a bit too much with my killer in round 2/3 and Jounisii tried to gang up and foul with his dirty player which worked fine and forced me to an early apo.

It was an extremely risky move imho and after some beating I couldn’t pass the opportunity to foul the catcher (ko’ed) and fireball 6 (!) wood elves all packed together including 2 wd. It worked quite well with a CAS on a WD (failed apo) and another one ko’ed.

With the elves numbers so reduced and his best players out there was no way to stop the orcs to an easy drive with some more bashing and a score on turn 8.

Now with 3 injuries and 4 ko I felt the game was over (and probably should have been)… and that’s exactly when I started screwing up badly!

My anti OTTD setup was actually a pro OTTD! (tough a quick snap and treeman push made it possible) and kind of nullified a perfect drive.

Still, even with the wood elf receiving the 2nd half, the number advantage (4 elves out me thinks) should have favored the orcs in the long run… we couldn’t imagine that Nuffle was about to have a field day!

Anyway I tried to put the maximum pressure on the elves without overcommitting, to at least force an early score or possibly a ball recovery.

Jounisii started rolling 1s and a failed catcher dodge permitted a ball recovery and a safe cage.

I made again the mistake to think it was over… and allowed a somewhat desperate (not really that desperate with strip ball) wardancer half die on the carrier, which turned out to be pow push/push… the ball of course landed in the crowd and bounced perfectly for a wood elf retrieval.

Still the case was not closed as the wood elves were not in a situation to avoid being harassed by the orcs, in fact first of all the wardancer was fouled to CAS (tough the referee quite unfairly ejected the lino) then a desperate blitzer knocked down (with reroll!) an elf that was about to score! The bouncing was perfect for the thrower (AG4 !).

So completely outnumbered and with blitzers well positioned, out of reach from the few elves and 2 turns remaining the thrower triumphantly approached the ball to pick-up and make a not so hard pass with reroll... but snake eyes denied his glory!

On top of that he got improbably blitzed by the loner lineelf with a 3+ 2+ dodge and a gfi to get a niggling injury! I’d say well deserved for failing an easy play!

So it was overtime and the elves won the toss and received, getting their ag5 player back (both wardancers out of course).

Even outnumbered (3-4 I think) the catcher and the AG5 could have possibly closed the match (kick-off was reroll for both team, otherwise the woodies would have been without)… the orcs tried to not overcommit and kept sweepers behind, plus put tacklers wherever they could hoping for bad dices… and it happened, the catcher snake eyes on a repositioning that would have created a serious touchdown threat permitted the orcs the mount serious and steady pressure, marking the few remaining elves and even the AG5 that was deep in his own territory with the ball.

A final failed dodge left the ball on the EZ and the solitary lino that was marking the AG5 just had to pick-up with re-roll available and close the match.

The game was so crazy that I kind of expected to fail this as well, but the hero lineman didn’t even need a reroll and closed the epic clash with the final 2-1 for the orcs.

Thanks Jounisii for the thrilling game, tension got to me and I made some serious inaccuracy here and there that could have cost me dearly (kind of did!). In the end it really could have gone either way and Nuffle was extremely capricious this time!

Personally it has been an amazing tournament and I enjoyed the chance to battle against some serious coaches out there.

The plan of rolling with Orcs to counter so many elves out there was definitely correct and worked out in the long with the blessing of Nuffle.

Thanks to the organizers and admins as well, must have been a very complex and taxing task to coordinate the tournament.