BC2 Season 2 - Going Back to Cathay

notafunhater

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
notafunhater
Country Flag
Welcome to season 2 of the Big Crunch and Cathay Division's inagural season! Feel free to brag, boast, talk smack, or just get to know your fellow coaches in here. I'm the admin of this division and will also answer any questions you may have about the league.

notafunhater

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
notafunhater
Country Flag
Division Commissioner notafunhater, not knowing anything about these teams or coaches, wanted to wait to see them in action before making his predictions. With 1-2 games out of the way for each team, he's decided. And here they are, in order of our expected placing:

Top of the heap:

Vermin Vendetta - Smeik - Skaven
4 Gunner, Thrower, ROgre start. With no tackle in the division, and the ROgre available to assist breaking the cages of all this bash, these guys should run all over. I predict them to finish in the top two.

The Draconian Society - mr Leibniz - HiE
High Elves generally struggle their first few matches as the team starts with no skills. This one has gone with a thrower-less roster, so it looks like they'll be playing the running game. That's even worse with all the bash in this division, and no dodge to be found on the team. If he plays his cards right though I could see a top-half of the table finish, as most of the other teams have no skills either.

Who knows, it's all a morass of Bash and few skills:

J-E-T-SMASH! - koolaidconvoy - Chaos
Standard 4 CW start. They won their first against an Orc team, but no skills yet. Chaos are generally slow to get going and I expect a midtable finish due to that.

DasOrks - Duuberman - Orc
These Orcs started out with a pretty standard BB2 Roster - All 8 Blitzers and Black Orcs, making up for that with a Goblin instead of a thrower. It seems to be paying off, as they won their first match 2-0 and even killed a human. Without a huge amount of skills they should struggle though, and I expect them to finish in the middle of the pack.

Von Blitzers - stephB - Orc
More orcs, this one a 4 blitzer, 4 BO, thrower build. I expect this one to finish mid table again.

Hard Cider - skullashtray - Chaos
Chaos. Darn bash teams. standard roster, and they managed a MB Beast and Guard CW after the first two games. Again these results are totally dependent on skills in the first few games, so hard to say. Mid-table.

SAMPIERDARENESE - UAZZUP - Orc
Thrower lineup. They lost their first match with no skills earned, fairly standard. Again totally depends on skills picked up in the first few games.

Slaneshi Brides - dragonus45 - Chaos
Standard roster with 4 CW. One skill so far, block on a Beastman. Also Mid-table.

Bottom table:

Fishtown Hipsters - Hipzter - Hum
The Humans lost 2 players in their opening match, though luckily one was just a lineman. I expect them to struggle this season without many skills yet and the rough start. Bottom third of the table, I just don't see them finishing well this season.

Typical Rats - Modustrollens - Skaven
Niggled Gunner in the first match, a ROgre-less lineup with a single thrower. Conceded his first match at halftime due to hardware issues, but took some major injuries beforehand. He'll have a rough go of it this season.

Last edited:

Hipzter

Veteran
Steam Username
Hipzter
Cyanide Username
Hipzter
Country Flag
Is this the right thread to funnel my salt? Meh I'll do it anyways. haha
So, my first game went horrendous :confused: and lost my thrower so you can predict me a last place for this season :D.
I hate Orks.

notafunhater

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
notafunhater
Country Flag
Not a single draw in week 1! That's what I like to see, teams going for the win! Any comments after the first week? I have to admit, I am disappointed nobody commented on my hilarious pun in the title. No love for Biggie Smalls I suppose.

Hipzter

Veteran
Steam Username
Hipzter
Cyanide Username
Hipzter
Country Flag
I must admit I had never heard of Biggie Smalls until I googled him just now. :oops:
But yes we seem to have a very quiet group of coaches in this division. hehe

Jochem

Veteran
Country Flag
I must say I totally missed that pun too. But hey i'm a dutchy, no sense of humour comes with the job description.

Dragonus45

Veteran
Country Flag
Is this the right thread to funnel my salt? Meh I'll do it anyways. haha
So, my first game went horrendous :confused: and lost my thrower so you can predict me a last place for this season :D.
I hate Orks.
Hey, last place is mine. I will fight you for it.

Hipzter

Veteran
Steam Username
Hipzter
Cyanide Username
Hipzter
Country Flag
:eek: I gave you permission to predict me last but I didn't think you would do it!
Haha oh well seems I will have to prove everyone wrong.
Maybe...

Jochem

Veteran
Country Flag
Hey i have 2 dodge and i try to spread the thrower love around, before my imminent thrower will eat it all. But yes 6 bash teams of which are 3 Orcs is harsh on a fledgeling high elf. But I count they have enough issues vs each other and need the guard spam to win the bashing contest to worry about little old me.

Modustrollens

Veteran
Country Flag
Typical Rats - Modustrollens - Skaven
Niggled Gunner in the first match, a ROgre-less lineup with a single thrower. Conceded his first match at halftime with a 0-0 score, with only 2 injuries. With that kind of attitude I don't see this coach or team lasting long in this league.
I just want to clear some things out, by halftime my PC's PSU (Power Suply Unit) died (probably due to overheating), my Motherboard had a ShortCircuit too, I had no way of going back to the game in time. Concede was the only option I had there.
It also cost me like 200 usd(converted from Brazillian Real) to fix everything and be ready for MD2.

Overall, your prediction is on point, had 2 deaths last game, including a Gutter Runner. Im sitting on 730 TV right now, and 20k in the bank.

notafunhater

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
notafunhater
Country Flag
I just want to clear some things out, by halftime my PC's PSU (Power Suply Unit) died (probably due to overheating), my Motherboard had a ShortCircuit too, I had no way of going back to the game in time. Concede was the only option I had there.
It also cost me like 200 usd(converted from Brazillian Real) to fix everything and be ready for MD2.

Overall, your prediction is on point, had 2 deaths last game, including a Gutter Runner. Im sitting on 730 TV right now, and 20k in the bank.

Fair enough, and I apologize for my quick judgement. Coaches deserve a fairer shake and I should have talked to you first. Edited my prediction to reflect that.