Norse Norse Starting Advice

AL13N

Rookie
I went without re-rolls and went for pure strength and crowd surfing to maximize damage to start my team and it has worked well here is what I started with

1-thrower
1-Yhetee
2-Berserkers
2-Norse Werewolves
5-linemen
2-re-rolls

It worked out for me as my league started. I didn't play basher teams at first mainly wood elves, skavin, vampire, another norse, and lizards to start the season but after those games I was really strong in the SPP's to crush people. The Werewolves with block and st 4 with frenzy remembering always to try and push first than smash after getting block was always epic! Yhetee Just wish I had Block on that guy and he would be god! Dwarves are still only team to put him on his back unless its himself :(. Currently I'm 11-1-2 so good luck hope this helps.

sunnyside

Veteran
Actually I should point out that Norse are just strong in their early games, a lot of builds will do well.

Also (from NAF stats on race v race win rates) Norse are strong against the agility teams (though woodies can pull out a fair number of wins). So if you're in a league with a lot of those, and everyone is starting at 1 million you have a fair chance of just staying on top.

However you gotta be careful if you're in a league with a lot of Bash, and I think those are more common.

AL13N

Rookie
I suppose the statistics could be correct but I don't buy it. I have plenty of Orcs and Chaos teams in the league. Mad Basher teams don't even consider my team as a threat. 16-1-2 right now and my Yhetee and both werewolves are totally unstoppable. My Yhetee with ST6 is like a great big god on the field. Smacking Big guys around. Runners are doing great at scoring two turn touchdowns. Great team I have landed and I have been so lucky with all of the wizards attacking me and failing their rolls its the best ever!

Murkglow

Super Star Player
When I look at the Norse Team I really see a bunch of guys who are already "fine" and as such only need a skill or two to really be complete so I like to go with the guys who need the most help in my starting line up and go from there. With that in mind what do you think of:

1x Snow Troll (Big guys always need the most help starting out IMO)
2x Ulfwerener (They are the only guys on Norse who don't start with Block, well besides the troll)
8x Linemen (It would be nice to have at least a couple skills on these guys to help them out once everyone else has block too plus it was the only way I could afford 4 rerolls)
4x Rerolls

After that picking up Runners/Berserkers with your winnings shouldn't take too long and hopefully your troll/Ulf/linemen will have had a chance to grow. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Gio

Veteran
Country Flag
Looks pretty solid, specially those 4 RR. Makes perfect sense to start developing the guys who need it the most. I like your build and I shall give it a try... soon enough.