The "Should I fire this guy or not?" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
I'd keep him for the moment.
You want to buy the 2nd witch 1st.
Then when you get to 13 players and 100K in the bank replace him.
He is a lot better than a merc lino.

Ging

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ging
Country Flag
I probably wasn't going to take a 2nd witch, unless something happens to the ST4/Blodge/Frenzy lino (he's only 7 SPP from Superstar). Does that seem sensible?
If anything I may take a 2nd runner to get a cheaper MA7 player on the team, and skill him as an initial ball carrier. (If my Guard runner survives he'll be more of a utility runner).
Still undecided though, still new to this elf lark.

You're right the AG5 guy is a lot better than a lino, but he is also twice the TV (140k), and with the 2x +ST, +MA, 2x Guard also on the team we have one of the higher TVs already with only 12 players.
However, I think I agree about keeping him for now, once we have some blodgestep going they will become more awkward to play against and he'll be a bit easier to protect.

Last edited:

DireSickFish

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
SickFish
Cyanide Username
DireSickFish
Country Flag
For a while I was thinking he was AV6 so was refusing to comment, but with AV7 definitely keep him. Maybe just take away his apo privileges. Wish I still had my AG5 elf, really handy for making quick scores.

notafunhater

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
notafunhater
Country Flag
Dark Elves and higher TV - It's just how it is. Embrace it, I say. I would keep him, AG5 will win you games. Once he has dodge he'll be money, if a bit more fragile at av7. You have a solid team coming along there.

Sudonym

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
My wood elf team has a Blodge/Guard lino with a niggle. Normally, I fire niggles right away, especially on an AV7 team, but dude already has Blodge/Guard. Not sure whether to keep.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
My wood elf team has a Blodge/Guard lino with a niggle. Normally, I fire niggles right away, especially on an AV7 team, but dude already has Blodge/Guard. Not sure whether to keep.

If it had been -AV I'd have kept without a doubt. With a niggle I would keep second guessing myself, but probably keep for now. Depends a bit on what the rest of the team looks like. Definitely Sidestep and Fend as next skills for the lino.

Ging

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ging
Country Flag
Thanks for the advice on the AG5 blitzer guys, I'll keep him and see how we go.

Jeliel

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Jeliel
Country Flag
Cool, I'll use this thread as well, asking for opinions!
My lvl 2(3 now) AG4 Orc Thrower got a niggle immolating himself to get the WCQ ticket and even levelled up and rolled doubles (that would be dodge probably, waiting for block)... fire him or not?
A rookie lino got -MV, I guess i'll keep him for LOS duty until i can replace him.

At the moment I got 12 players, but both these guys will miss next game and 60k in the bank.
Tough the group is quite bashy, might need a Troll to muster some muscle soonish.

DireSickFish

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
SickFish
Cyanide Username
DireSickFish
Country Flag
Keep the orc. AG4 with pass is real good and now you can use your team re-roll for the catch. Dodge will make it even better. I'm not sure about revoking Apothecary privileges, Orcs don't see a lot of armor breaks in a match.

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
I'd keep the thrower, AGI 4 with pass and sure hands for Orcs gives your opponent something else to worry about beyond the normal cage. Just be aware that he will be targeted, my blitzers look forward to meeting him:p

As for the lino, well he'll be the same speed as a Black Orc, so I'd keep until you have cash you need to spend to get down to 150K.

Jeliel

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Jeliel
Country Flag
Thanks, that was pretty much my line of thought already. I'll try to keep him safe!

twitch.tv/the_Sage_BB

Super Star Player
Country Flag
AG4 (bl)odge thrower is fine with a niggle. He shouldn't be taking too many hits anyway, and he compensates for a lot of orcs' weakness.

lawastooshort

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
lawastooshort
Country Flag
Jump Up, Two Heads, Tackle ClawPOMB Underworld Blitzer got a niggle to add to his -MA 3 games after making Legend.

The other blitzer is Two Heads, Claw, Tackle, Guard, MB.

twitch.tv/the_Sage_BB

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Interesting that you prefer two heads over horns. I'd fire the legend, but if it feels bad to you, you could just revoke his healthcare benefits and let him die on the pitch.

lawastooshort

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
lawastooshort
Country Flag
I thought hard about it. In the three games since picking, I’ve missed Horns once, for a 2d block against a ST6 Tomb Guardian, whereas Two Heads is useful several times a game.

I think the final decision may come down to UKBBL switching the main league to BB2 soon, so I won’t have time to rebuild an equally good killer.

sbr32

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
sbr32
Country Flag
BC2 Human Guard Blitzer with ~10SPP took a -AG. With him the team is around 1450TV and 140k in the bank. That is one of the higher TVs in my T3 division, and I am not playing well so I am likely to be T3 (or even 4 if things don't improve).

I have 2 other Guard pieces, Blitzer and Ogre. I have another Blitzer MNG for the next game as well, against Skaven, so would only be fielding 2 Blitzer in that match.

I'm leaning fire and replace.

DireSickFish

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
SickFish
Cyanide Username
DireSickFish
Country Flag
Plenty of Cash on hand and it sounds like you'll need him for the skaven matchup. In this situation fire and replace, but I don't think -AG is necessarily a career ending injury on a blitzer. You already have guard however and it's only 1 skill so easy to get that skill back.

McMacky

Star Player
Steam Username
McMacky
Cyanide Username
McMacky
Country Flag
I would agree, -agi on a blitzer as humans is really bad. You have the cash so you don't have to worry about playing down a blitzer. You don't want a cripple getting the MVP, and a -agi blitzer is IMO not worth the inducements he is giving away if you are one of the higher TV teams in the division.

Status
Not open for further replies.