The "Should I fire this guy or not?" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
I would also fire, -AGI on a blitzer would be a career ending injury for me unless he already had plus Str or something.

lawastooshort

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
lawastooshort
Country Flag
Block Dodge Sidestep Vampire on 48SPP took a -MV.

Also have level 3, 4 and 5 Vampires.

Fire?

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Block Dodge Sidestep Vampire on 48SPP took a -MV.

Also have level 3, 4 and 5 Vampires.

Fire?

Depends. TV-based matchmaking, probably. Long-term league, probably not (you've still got two more vampires to add and blodge up before that)

lawastooshort

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
lawastooshort
Country Flag
It's not matchmaking. Not sure how long term the league will be for this team though :)

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
It's not matchmaking. Not sure how long term the league will be for this team though :)

Well, short term means even more reason to save him - you ain't likely to have time to skill up a new blodgestepper in that case, and he'll still be more useful than a rookie (except for range) when it comes to running up to people and glaring at them.. :D

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Give guard in 3 SPPs, revoke apo rights, and put him where the action is thickest.
I'd argue for Pro, to save wear and tear on thralls and improve gaze success rate.
Possibly jump up, to increase mobility when downed and the occasional faux blitz.

lawastooshort

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
lawastooshort
Country Flag
Hmm, cheers both.

I was thinking of Guard myself, as I have none so far, and I have a Pro AG5 Vampire for gazing. I don't gaze enough, I have to say. The argument for Jump Up is decent but then only useful when he's knocked down. I'll think about all three - I have a week off to decide.

He was going to be my first Frenzy Vampire, which is annoying.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
I don't gaze enough, I have to say.

If you think one gazer is enough, I'd say so. The point with vampires is how you with just a couple of gazes (and no guard) can get two dice on just about any ballcarrier silly enough to think cages will keep them safe..;)

twitch.tv/the_Sage_BB

Super Star Player
Country Flag
The reason I suggested guard is that guards tend to be where the action is, and tend to take a lot of hits. This synergizes perfectly with blodgestep, and it means you'll be less sad when that role inevitably becomes the end of him. (btw AG5 pro gazers rock! also, I know how you feel about losing a frenzy vamp. =/ )

Jav

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Javelin
Cyanide Username
javelin
Country Flag
Wrestle/Fend linerat picks up a niggle. On defense I generally have 3 rookie (or loner) linerats on the LOS. The next line I have a kicker linerat, this wrestle/fend rat, and then it depends. If I picked up an induced RO he usually goes on the 2nd line. If not I may put my lowest TV stormvermin there or maybe a rookie gutter if the opposition doesn't have much tackle/MB. If I'm keeping my one turner on the sideline I might have another linerat as well if this is turn 1. Behind that line is my 3 or 4 gutters and STR4 Stormvermin.

Do you think a rookie would be better? Wrestle/fend is nice for delaying the dwarf/orc wall as they move down the pitch, but a single fend guy can't do a lot. He's usually there hoping that someone will blitz him over my kicker :) It feels like a pretty close trade-off between rookie and niggled wrestle/fend guy. Every once in awhile his wrestle comes in handy, but he's normally too tied up to be blocking anyone.

This team is in the OCC tier 2 right now, so there's plenty of block/guard linemen on the opposition to make sure a single wrestle/fend guy with no guard near by can't actually hit anyone. The wrestle is mostly to keep him alive and in the way...

Maybe I should keep him until the TV difference matters in a matchup or he dies on the pitch. He obviously has never had apo privileges!

twitch.tv/the_Sage_BB

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Linerats without doubles are pretty meh. A single kick is good (and wrestle on him isn't bad), a dirty player or two is good. Just wrestle is ok, but not great. In TV matchmaking, I'd be tempted to fire the wrestle/fend even without the niggle.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Personally I'd sack linerats on a niggle right off, since they leave too fast. (-AV being slightly more acceptable, since it "only" causes more stuns)

I can see thinking that wrestle keeps him "safer", and that he could maybe pull some heat off your kicker on the first turn of defending.
The rest of the time he's more of a liability though, and TV wise he's more expensive than a mercenary linerat.
So basically - if you already are top TV dog, keep a while, if you are fairly equal in TV, sack when it makes a difference, if you are below, sack when he recovers unless you are broke, and maybe even then.

Jav

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Javelin
Cyanide Username
javelin
Country Flag
Haha, I don't remember the last match I didn't get 500K in inducements! I normally run 13 players (no RO) and grab a few loners or a RO as one of my many inducements.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
-AV causes more of any kind of injury...

Yes, but stuns at least mean he's back in a turn, while KO means you might get him back next drive and casualty means maybe you get him back next game.

Unhurt and without MB, it's 8+ 8+ to depitch a rat, 8+ 10+ to hurt him.

With -AV it's 7+ 8+, with a niggle it's 8+ 7+, so KO or worse is equally likely. But injuries change to 7+ 10+ compared to 8+ 9+, meaning the hurt locker is open..

Long story short - if you sack AV7 players because of -AV you should definitely sack them over a niggle.

twitch.tv/the_Sage_BB

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Yes, but stuns at least mean he's back in a turn, while KO means you might get him back next drive and casualty means maybe you get him back next game.

Unhurt and without MB, it's 8+ 8+ to depitch a rat, 8+ 10+ to hurt him.

With -AV it's 7+ 8+, with a niggle it's 8+ 7+, so KO or worse is equally likely. But injuries change to 7+ 10+ compared to 8+ 9+, meaning the hurt locker is open..

Long story short - if you sack AV7 players because of -AV you should definitely sack them over a niggle.

Also, when faced with claw(pomb), -AV doesn't harm you (assuming AV8+ before), while niggles do.

Status
Not open for further replies.