Questions about BB2

Rama Set

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Rama Set
Country Flag
I have had it installed for about 72 hours and I have a few questions about functions that were key from BB1.

1. How do you set it so that you are prompted whether or not you want to use a skill?
  2. Is there a global chat?
  3. What is a good challenge league so I can play friends?

Last edited by a moderator:

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
Here are the answers (I put the numbers to your questions):
  1. It is not available in BB2 on all skills. Some skills that require your choice (like juggernaut, stab, dodge) will popup above your player when you need to make the decision. But in general, you can't say like "I don't want to use block" or something.
  2. Nope, there is no chat.
  3. I believe you need to make it your own league and invite your friends to play. Or you can play in any of BBTactics league. We are all friends here.

SlyAnimal

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
PapaNasty
Country Flag
I have had it installed for about 72 hours and I have a few questions about functions that were key from BB1.
  1. What is a good challenge league so I can play friends?

The New International League is quite good for this, as they have open ladders that are essentially challenge ladders that are regularly reset (With the top teams qualifying for the "New World Cup"), and quite a lot of active coaches. Although they have temporarily closed the open ladder to run The New World Cup.

BBTactics also has 2x challenge leagues, Muncher (Which is a feeding/training ladder for the Munch Cup) and Crunch them All. Although I haven't played in either for a month or two, so am not sure how easy it is to find games at the moment (It was easy to find games in Muncher when I was playing in there though).

Although if you just want to play against your friends, then any league would serve that purpose if you get them to join that league.

Rama Set

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Rama Set
Country Flag
Here are the answers (I put the numbers to your questions):
  1. It is not available in BB2 on all skills. Some skills that require your choice (like juggernaut, stab, dodge) will popup above your player when you need to make the decision. But in general, you can't say like "I don't want to use block" or something.
  2. Nope, there is no chat.
  3. I believe you need to make it your own league and invite your friends to play. Or you can play in any of BBTactics league. We are all friends here.

I started playing a Bretonnian team and found out that they ask for Wrestle. Weird that you do not get the option for Block.

The New International League is quite good for this, as they have open ladders that are essentially challenge ladders that are regularly reset (With the top teams qualifying for the "New World Cup"), and quite a lot of active coaches. Although they have temporarily closed the open ladder to run The New World Cup.

BBTactics also has 2x challenge leagues, Muncher (Which is a feeding/training ladder for the Munch Cup) and Crunch them All. Although I haven't played in either for a month or two, so am not sure how easy it is to find games at the moment (It was easy to find games in Muncher when I was playing in there though).

Although if you just want to play against your friends, then any league would serve that purpose if you get them to join that league.

Oh there is CTA for BB2? Perfect. Thanks for your help.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Ain't common. Only way I could see is if there's several guys who could surf your player who is very important he stay on the pitch for whatever reason, and the first one just picked both down to give a second player a try.

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
BB2 is only trying to fulfill all the rules, but not guarantee that. The deviations present here and there.

Orielensis

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Orielensis
Cyanide Username
Orielensis
Country Flag
Oh there is CTA for BB2? Perfect. Thanks for your help.

If you submit teams and no admin admits them quickly maybe shout in chat or there is a CTA thread in the BB2 section of the forum.

Rama Set

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Rama Set
Country Flag
Another question ahead of my first DOCC match: anyone know where replays are stored on the Mac version of BB2? I have been searching, but no luck so far...

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
In the PC version if you got into the individual teams history you get to see the results of the matches they have played. The replay can be accessed from there. I would imagine that is the same for the Mac version.

Rama Set

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Rama Set
Country Flag
In the PC version if you got into the individual teams history you get to see the results of the matches they have played. The replay can be accessed from there. I would imagine that is the same for the Mac version.

Thanks, I need to know so I can upload the matches to the league admin for validation though. So I need the actual file of the replay, as well as the result file.

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
I did not find them on my Mac and Google is really vague for that question. I suggest you post on their official forums, perhaps someone there would know

crimsonsun

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
crimsonsun
Country Flag
While I agree more/ all skills should be optional, why would you ever not use block?

Surfing or damage mitigation, I know it sounds stupid but if you've got 1 guy standing and the non claw, non mighty blow, non pile guy hits you before his two mates with those skills do you might consider going down and playing hurt.

SlyAnimal

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
PapaNasty
Country Flag
Falling down can be quite helpful when they're going for a one turn touchdown.

If they simply miss out on a push, they will usually still fail :) As if you're concerned enough to try and stop 1T TDs that you'd like to manually click a button to confirm your use of block every time your opponent uses it (Which would be extremely tedious, I guess no AFKing during your opponent's turn lol), then you'll almost definitely have setup your players in a way that a 1T TD will almost certainly fail in the event of a blocked block.

Jav

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Javelin
Cyanide Username
javelin
Country Flag
Well sure. I agree completely. And I'd certainly never want to have to confirm the use of block every time. But it stands that there are times when you would choose not to use block.

Agreed. Especially if the coach attempting the one turn has a grab player. They can initiate the sequence with someone on the LOS without blitz, and once on the wrong side of the pitch getting a second chance at getting a push without using a reroll can be important.

But its probably less often than wanting to not reroll an inaccurate pass, and you don't get the chance to not use the pass skill on that as well. (Yes, I'm bitter about that one).

spoonybard

Veteran
Country Flag
Agreed. Especially if the coach attempting the one turn has a grab player. They can initiate the sequence with someone on the LOS without blitz, and once on the wrong side of the pitch getting a second chance at getting a push without using a reroll can be important.

But its probably less often than wanting to not reroll an inaccurate pass, and you don't get the chance to not use the pass skill on that as well. (Yes, I'm bitter about that one).
Definitely true. Sometimes a 2 is all you need to get it away from the dwarves for a few turns.