Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Don't forget

3. You only roll for players actually on the pitch at the end of a drive. All who failed one roll will automatically return for the next drive.

Doover

Star Player
Country Flag
Hmm the weather didn´t changed. So maybe really all 17 player where able to make the 2+ roll. Well doesn´t matter anyhow anymore. ;)

Yesterday I played my match against McHardocs Dwarfs "Stahlwerk21".
Right before the game he bought a reserve Lineman so no babe for him. (Was a good choice in the end. I can only remember 1 KO I achieved)

I choose to kick so I have enough dead flesh (zombies) to throw in his way to stop his offence. Decidet it will be easier to score myself with less player then to stop him from scoring.
The Fans started roaring and stamping which pushed my team to an unknown level (free Re-roll). He was able to secure the ball in a safe cage at the half right side. I tried to spread up his player some ´cause he had one more Guard and lots more Block. In Turn 2 my Werewolf was able to smash his Blockrunners Hand but his Apo was able to fix it. In turn three my Block Golem Badly Hurted a Blocker from him so I was able to get a small number advantage. Thanks to my Stand Firm Golems I was able to breack his cage and after a :bothdown: from my Goul against his runner the ball was lose(both stunned). My Zombies tied most of his players and some other where stunned so he only was able to put 1 Tacklezone to the ball. After a blitz with one of my Whights the Wolf was able to gather the ball and reached the endzone just with the whistleblow for halftime.

The second half started with me 1-0 ahead and in offence now. Both of my KO´s didn´t return while his came back so we both had to use our reserves but could field 11 players each. After a little fight in the middle I decidet for a both wings attack. My Ghoul and a Zombie broke free on the left wing while my Wolf (with the Ball) where speeding up on the right wing. Protected by a Golem and a zombie. (did I say speed up? For dwarfs at least.) With a blitz he was able to get the zombie away and could put a Lineman next to my Wolf. I moved my Ghoul from the left flank in the middle just in scoring range and tried to improve my Cage on the right a bit. Sadly my Wolf wasn´t able to bring the liner down with 4 dices alltogether and with Frenzy he had do follow up and destroyed my hope to keep the ball save. Luckily my opponent wasn´t able to bring him down as well with two blocks. In turn 12 I tried to blitz my wolf free but had to use my last Re-Roll to dodge away and hand off the ball to my Ghoul who run in for the 2-0.
4 turns left and 2-0 ahead against a dwarf team. That should be good.
My opponent didn´t tried for a 2 turn td and so I answered a phonecall. Resulting ignoring a Guard dwarf which resulted in a stunned Wolf and my Ghoul went KO. He also was able to score in turn 16 but I don´t mind.

So with 2-1 my second win and right now I´m first in our little table but #2 and #4 still have to play which are 1 / 2 points behind me. So I should be second right now.

The MVP felt an my Wolf who has hocked up 28 points now allready. Well one Td for the next level up but I need to spread my SSP´s more. The next one has 9 at the moment. With the Money I was able to buy my second Werewolf who replaces a Zombie with 0 SSP´s who just got an AV-1 in the last few turns.
My experianced Wolf is (Furry) Freddy while my new Wolf is called Ulf (the Werewulf).

One thing that worries me is that my Team is #3 in best punching bags team from around 21 teams (some with a match more some with a match less).
The good thing is that 2 of my zombies are #1 and #2 in best punching bag player. So seems like most of the hits I get are for my zombies which is there job.
I´m just a bit concerned, that my team will get trouble after meeting some more MB, PO killer. Well looking for some more replacements to be on the save side now. Have 13 player (dropping 2 zombies allready but got 2 for free as well) after 4 matches with a reason.

coachman

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
bjj hero
Country Flag
Congrats on the win. With slow, none dodging str 3 players you are going to get punching bags. Thats what you pay them for.

Doover

Star Player
Country Flag
Have been silence long enough to now to get the reader itching for some news?
No? Not at all?... :(... come on... just leave me this illusion. :cool:

Played my match against reQQy´s nurgle yesterday in the evening.
His Team suprised me a bit lacking of punching power with just 2 NW, 1 Beast, 3 Pestigores and a 4 Rotter (+1 Loner). I think he has lost a player or two allready.
The TV difference was 200k and so I was expecting a Wizard and a babe but he decidet for a forth RR and an Igor. (Must have seen my 2 kills allready.)

He decidet to recieve and the game started with a perfect defence for me.
The Sun was burning and everybody had a -1 for passing... not that I was expecting much passing but that stopped every idea about it. Picking up the ball and put it save in a cage he started to pressure my right wing. Me having more Block, more Guard, more claw, more Mighty Blow and the same amount of strengh after giving his Beast my #1 Punchbag as Bodyguard I decidet to start a little blocking war and moved my player in for some fighting.
In turn 2 he wasn´t able to get my player away but sadly I wasn´t able to bring a single player down but pushed both of my wolves a bit out of positions cause of them going two frenzy. Starting with Turn three the Nurgle decidet to show me that numbers don´t count and they are the stronger team. A Rotter Ko´ed one of my zombies and a warrier gouged the eye from a Golem. Luckely I had one nearly new eye left in my tool box so he was able to regenerate. To finish his nice Turn his Beast bite of the Head of my #1 Punchback. As a good Necromancer I have allways lots of pieces around and so just replaced it with a new one (regenerated as well). Sending another bodyguard for the beast I tried to do some damage as well but wasn´t able to achiev anything more then a stun. In Turn 4 his beast was mad about me regenerating his offer to nurgle and full of anger right smashed his new bodyguard and Badly Hurting him. This time I decidet to let if calm down a bit and choose to not regenerate the player. Again my player pushed his around a bit but decidet to play clean and nice fearing to touch the dirty rotter I also had to send my last Golem to the beast to keep it busy. In Turn 5 he really suprised me by freeing his Beast with a blitz and sprinting it to my right wing pinning both of my werewolfs (one of them at the sidelines). My mistake they where standing quite bad but I simply didn´t expect my blocking beeing so pushy and with frenzy I lost controle about their positioning a bit. He was also able to bring a rotter in the back of the two wolfes so even with a good tentakle roll the dodge was quite hard. In my turn 5 I decidet to exchange my last zombie with freddy (my lvl 3 WW). Moving the zombie right to the sideline asking to get pushed out but with his help I was able to blitz away from the beast. Finally Ko´ing a rotter with that blitz but my second Wolf wasn´t able to leave his tentacles. In his turn 6 he used his last RR (with a Loner) to push Ulf (my fresh WW) and the zombie in the fans but nothing happend. After that I only had 5 player left on the pitch while nurgle had 10. I decidet to play a bit like elfs.. blitzing and avoiding his player. That´s more the way my team likes to play and freddy directly killed one of his rotter. (Third kill in his fifth game)
In Turn 7 he was finally moving the ball in my half but wasn´t able to build a safe cage around it. So he still needed a gfi in his last turn to score without a rr.
In my Turn 7 I tried to make it as hard as possible for him. Binding his halfcage with my Ghoul I was able to make a 1 db blitz with freddy against his ballcarrier. Hopped for a :pushback: but nuffle was nice and gave me a clear :pow:. I could lay a second TZ at the ball but hadn´t enough player left to get the ball. In his turn 8 he had no trouble pushing my TZ´s away and was able to make a PU and HO for a well deserved TD.
I didn´t tried for a One-Turn. Instead I hoped to get a nice hit on one of his player and also trie a QP with freddy beeing just 1 SSP away from his next skill.
But a roit started and gave me two turns to score! :eek:
Sending Ulf and my two Whights into scoring range I crashed his frontline. My block golem MNG´ed a rotter and a zombie KO´ed another one. Freddy wasn´t able to pick up the ball but I was saving my last RR for my last turn. He blitzed Ulf down and doubled one of my whights. But thanks to his beast going stupid the other whight was just singled from a warrior. But Freddy wasn´t able to pick up the ball after using the RR to free my Whight with a blitz and so it was halftime.

My Ko Zombie came back and one of his two Ko´ed rotter.
And suprisingly I outnumbered him quite a lot. 11 Nekros against 8 Nurgle player.
Maybe a tie or even a lucky win seems possible.
Even the Sun was getting weaker and the weather was nice making qp´s possible in some situations at least.

Second half will be a bit shorter ´cause I´m running out of time now.. ;)

My Block Golem Hurted another Rotter and a Zombie Ko´ed a second one so I was able to score in turn 4 with my Ghoul after making a quick pass to him with my Ulf to get him into MVP range.
reQQy then had to trie a offence play with 7 against 11 which started with a blitz for me and ´cause nurgle aren´t an Elf team I was able to get the ball from him after a failed sprint in Turn 6 to stall for one turn and score in Turn 8 with Ulf for a dirty but nice win.

Freddy was still sitting one SSP away from the next skill but was choosen for the MVP so I have 2 level ups.
A Normal for Freddy (dodge)and a Double for my unskilled Ghoul.

So what shall I give the Ghoul? I want him have Block as soon as possible but Guard is realy nice to have. Can´t have to much Guard with Nekros. Also the second skill isn´t that far away either. But keeping him without block longer makes me nervous... don´t like to have a dead guardgoul.

I have 120k money right now and strangle I was able to ressourect the dead rotter. (My magic powers are so masterfull that I´m even able to ressurect rotters... noone else can do that!)
So I have 14! player right now and I haven´t decidet if I shall buy my second Ghoul or a forth RR as next.

Last edited:

Narly Bird

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I really like your match report Doover and good to see you got some revenge on Reqqy for beating me last season! Your colorful description of regen. at work is quite funny! :D Regarding what to buy, I think that if you did buy a Ghoul that you should drop 1 of the Zombies. Otherwise you would have 15 players and that is too much for a Necro team. I perhaps would be tempted to go a 4th reroll instead, seeing as you don’t have sure hands on anyone yet.

For the Ghoul’s skill, give him Guard. If he dies you can just buy another one. If you choose a normal skill you will regret it later when you never roll any more doubles. Try and get him to his next skill as quickly as possible though so you can get him block.

Doover

Star Player
Country Flag
Thanks Narly I decidet to follow your Idea and choose Guard for my Ghoul and also saved my money for a forth Re-Roll.

I had a mirror Match on Saturday night. I came back home on Saturday night and just wanted to look if I got a new message. After noticing my opponent is online we decidet to start our game right away. So the starting time was around 01:00 in the night for me... giving me a good excuse for some noobish mistakes I did especially in half two which I would have never done at a normal gaming time. Ok ok maybe I would still have done a few of them but not all I´m quite sure. Or hoping for it at least. :D

So we behaved like Necromancers should behave and started our Game right after the Ghosthour and we decidet to play on a Graveyard. My opponent feared Freddy before the game started allready and I hoped to use that against him and let him focus on Freddy to score with Ulf.
He went the save way and used his 150k Inducement to get a babe and an Igor.

He won the toss and decidet to kick for a good old 2-1 grind. He tried to lure Freddy in a trap a few times. Placing a bait for him just to get him when he had to follow up with frenzy. Some times I took it and send in some more player to use his trap against him and some times I ignored it and attack on some other places. Most of the turns we both tried to get our hands on the wolfs and ghouls of the other without letting him get ourselfs.
I tried to sneak Ulf into scoring position for his first skill but in his evilness he blitzed him down and fouled him of the field (Badly Hurt) but I was able to bring him back into shape with one of my special potions. Freddy took revenge and ripped one of his wolfs apart leaving it on the floor with an AV-1 injury but he was lucky enough that his wolf regenerated it as well.
His Golems where not as though as they should be. (An he calls himself a necromancer?) so Freddy was able to MNG one of them in turn 5. The Magic of my oppenent wasn´t strong enough to get that thing running again. HA HA... but what was that... he used the help of his unworthy minion called Igor who stitched it together again. I had to score in the turn also else I wouldn´t have been able to keep the ball save.
My opponent started at an attack on my right wing but I was able to hold him. After the two casualities of Freddy he feared him that much that he even used one of his wolfes to foul him after Freddy drop from a :skull::skull: couldn´t brake his AV but wasn´t spotted as well. I used my magic power to give one of my zombies enough strengh smash one of his Golems and kill it with a mighty blow to the head. But the gravejard we played on saved him again as he was able to replace that missing piece.
In turn 7 he tried to run away with his Ghoul with the ball but I could easily catch him with my ghoul placed in front of him. Then I send in a Whight to blitz him with 2db with just one gfi which I failed. :( So in turn 8 he decidet to blitz with 1db my Ghoul and got a :powdodge:... enough to get him away and score the equaliser. But without any need he followed up and so had to dodge away to score which he failed.

So the second half started with him in offence but me leading 1-0. And even with 3 Casualities we where playing 11 vs 11 again.
Again he tried to breack through my right wing and again I was able to stop his advance. This time even a bit earlier and so the game advanced into a strong brawl at the line of scrimige. He fouled quite a lot (5 times in the game) and I fouled 2 times also but no reaction from the ref at all. But also nothing worse then a stunned player. The blocking resulted in a BH Zombie from both teams (Freddy again) but both regenerated. After a few turns he tried to change sides and attacked me on the left wing this time. Again I was able to get my ghoul next to his Ballcarrierghoul and could blitz him for a 2db with a whight just needing one gfi again. And again he failed, this time even with a Re-Roll. This time he was able to dodge away and after a early :skull::skull: from me he was able to stall until scoring the equalizer in Turn 8.

So the game endet 1-1. A fair result if you ask me. Sure he could have scored easily at the end of half 1 but I also failed 3 gfi to blitz his ballcarrier with 2db´s.

Freddy made 3 casualities again and is at 41 SSP´s. In the second half I focused on Ulf to make his 2 SSP´s he needs for a lvl up but he wasn´t able to achiev a causiality or to get his hands on the ball anytime in the game.
The MVP got to my SSP 1 Whight so he leveled up. Using the magic power we both had on the gravejard I rolled a 6+6 and so I have a Str. 4 whight now!!!

Also did a Zombie lvl up from the killing blow against his Golem and I rolled a normal.
So shall I give him Kick to use my MV 8 Wolfs better? Or shall I take Block ´cause it makes the zombies so much better? Or even start with DP right away thinking about the mass of replacement not mind losing a player early?

Quite enjoyable game with 6 casualities which all where regenerated with a little help. Some good SSP´s and another point.
Also a good ST+1 for my whight which will give me lots of joy later I´m sure.
Sadly the first rank skaven won his game (5-1-0) so my final game against him (rank 1 VS rank 2) isn´t really important after all. He is 4 points away from me so even a win doesn´t change it. I can only lose my second rank so I will trie my best to win the last game this season.

Last edited:

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
Awesome to get a ST4 wight and the first zombie to skill up should get DP, you are playing an evil team, you are forced to have a DP´er, and when they work its so much fun:D

Slyspy

Super Star Player
Country Flag
I'd take Kick on any team before Dirty Player, especially a zombie.

On paper zombies make great foulers, being cheap and useless. But with low agility and low movement coupled with their typical role of keeping players occupied I find that they don't get many opportunities for an effective foul.

One DP zombie may help to keep your opponent honest, but I wouldn't make it a priority.

Slyspy

Super Star Player
Country Flag
That must be why I see all those teams with Wrestle and Dauntless Zombies.

Oh, wait.....:p

Narly Bird

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Netsmurf is just an evil git, which is why he always chooses dirty play or mighty blow for his player's skills!

Go with Slyspy and get kick. Its the best skill for your first Zombie. After that go for block on a couple (LOS guys) and throw dirty player somewhere in between.

Definately kick first though.

It also sounds like your wolf is on fire. Congrats on all the spp. Just be sure that once Wolfy gets to 51SPP, you try to spread the spp round more to other players. Otherwise you will really miss him when he gets MNG'd or worse.

Also, can you tell me the recipe for your regen potions? I could use them on my team as I seem to only be able to regen Zombies and all my positionals usually fail their regen! ;)

Slyspy

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Mind you now I think about it Wrestle Dauntless Zombies would be hilarious!

Doover

Star Player
Country Flag
Surely for some more blood on the pitch I decidet to train the zombie to kick people on the ground... but my stupid Assistant Coach stopped reading after the first word and so my Zombie learned to kick. ;)
(I mean... after all this is not a fun thing... People getting killed on the pitch!!! So I had to choose whats the best for the team and thats kick. Dirty player will be choosen later. ;-) )

Playing my last match against skaven this evening. My TV is around 250k larger then his, he only has 11 player but he also has 200k money left on the bank so I think he´ll have a player more or two this evening. If not he´ll get a wizard which can be a game winner with skaven but he also would have no replacement which can be a game winner for me. :D

My aims for that match are clear. Noone shall get hurt for long. (At least not from my team.)
Ulf shall get at least 2 SSP´s to get block. No-Block Wolfs aren´t that much fun.
I try to defend my second place... not that it really matters ´cause it´s still in the Soda-Cup and I should be promoted into a low OCC division next season anyway.
I don´t think my final placement will change a lot which division I´ll join but I still want a win.

I send you some potions for your team Narly, just try them.
They work different for every Team depending on the "material" you choose to "build" your team. Just make sure you mix them in the food of your wolfs... lost allready 2 zombies triing to inject them the potions.
Oh and never ever try them on a Ghoul... they´ll die instantly with quite a mess. (Not that they live much longer without it.)

Last edited:

Doover

Star Player
Country Flag
Narly! DON`T USE THE POTIONS!!!!

Some nasty skaven put something in it they don´t work anymore... even more they just let your team play like before joining your team.

So I just played my last SSC match and well...... what a game.. what a shame.
Haree bought 2 replacements and still had enough money to buy a wizard.

I won the coin toss and decidet to kick.
He started knocking down my 3 zombies at the LOS and Badly hurted 2 of them who both also failed their regeneration roll. But his Thrower also failed the PU right at the right back. I send both of my wolfs hitting on his right wing hoping to get a player out or two and to open a gap to breack through to the ball later.
At the start of his second turn he failed a 3+ dodge even with RR, that was my chance to give him a bad start. One of my Wolfs was in range to blitz the thrower and even push him out of the field with a single :pushback:. Sadly I played so bad that I pushed some of his player in a way which stopped me from getting to the thrower. That was so easy and I screwed it. :mad:
My opponent right kept on the blocking like in his first turn. Badly hurting my Guard Whight (regen failed) and right after that Badly hurted Ulf my 2SSP WW as well who also failed his regen roll. To finish up his turn he KO´ed my Block Golem who never returned for the whole game. (Tried 5 times).
After that time I had 5 player left against his 10 player (Freddy Ko´ed a Liner in Turn 4) and so he didn´t had any problem at all to stall until turn 8 and score.
Wasn´t able to do any damage in my turn 8 or make a Pass.
Starting the second half with 9 player (1 whight 1 ghoul 1 wolf 1 golem and 5 zombies) against 11 skaven.
His wizard zipped my Ghoul in Turn 10 who dropped the ball and also got an permament AG-1. So he easely scored in Turn 11 for a 0-2. I set up again leaving the wolf in the bad and triing to run with my ST 4 Whight for a few SSP´s. My opponent kick perfectly in the other corner and with a perfect defence had an easy time surounding my wolf, bring him down and stealing the ball for a easy 0-3. So again I set up and this time my opponent rolled a blitz. My wolf fumbled the ball triing to throw it away from the Gutterrunners so he scored a 4-0 just before the game ended.

Somehow in the game I was able to badly hurt 2 of his linemans and Freddy used his claws again and killed a fresh Thrower (Apo´ed but still dead).

I fear I have 60k money now (just not enough to get a Ghoul) my Ghoul is sitting out the game and also has AG 2 left. I´ll still keep him until I get enough money to replace him. He is still a fast Guard Dodge player. Better then a zombie for sure.

The only good think is that Ulf got the MVP but the game isn´t validated until now.

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
Bad luck - not the best way to finish the season, but at least most of your team is still intact!

If it's any consolation, Haree has taken a skaven team to Div 1 of the OCC before (a different team to the one you faced of course) and he is a good coach who knows how to use his rats effectively!

Narly Bird

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Ouch, sounds like a really tough match there Doover. And thanks for the warning about the potions. I will throw them out (or perhaps give it as a gift to a future Undead opponent)!

It sounds like your mistake at the beginning of the game in not blitzing his Thrower with your Wolf, cost you badly. When you make simple mistakes like that it can be really frustrating and it sounds like he could really exploit it. I also do such stupid things occasionally myself. My last time was when i decided to stall with Heather (my +AG Ghoul), only for her to get 1-diced into a serious concussion (-AV). I still kick myself for not just scoring! :mad:

Regarding your Ghoul, I would fire it once you have enough money to buy a new one. Guard is a great skill, but Ghoul’s with AG2 are really not so good. It seems that all Ghouls are cursed to suffer a crippling injury or death as soon as they get Guard! :skull:

Doover

Star Player
Country Flag
Well Ulf has to wait a bit longer for Block but I have a ballcarrier for my next game... he just rolled AG+1 and now I can´t complain any more.. ;)

Lebe666

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Nice regeneration description ! I'm playing a Necro too... so curious to see how you go. I have a +1 Str Wolf and a +1 Agi Wolf... so my team is a bit more bashing now.

Mico Selva

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Pity about the Ghoul, but let's face it - Ghouls aren't supposed to live long anyway. +AG Werewolf on the other hand can serve You very well for a long time. Just make sure to go back to the previous regeneration potions recipe. ;)

Good luck in the next season.