Discord server https://discord.gg/pMePfep

Khornight

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
Khornight (also my steam name and most other things)
Country Flag
DISCORD SERVER IS LIVE!
https://discord.gg/pMePfep

[original post]any thoughts on a discord server for bbtactics?

The website is good, but discord can make life easier and there are plenty of people posting "discord me" in the game arrangement threads.

(I did a search for discord and all that came up were "discord me", might have been ineffectual searching though! :)

Last edited:

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
I'm not really familiar with discord, what are people using now for a server?

TwoScoops

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
MSG Musculo
Cyanide Username
TwoScoops
Country Flag
The cool thing about it is that everyone who has it, and has steam integration, can just join up with a user whenever that person is on given they know who that person is. Really slick agent. I have it and am happy to talk with anyone who also enjoys that sort of thing. No idea if there's a dedicated BBTactics server, but I'd imagine it would be pretty easy to start up a channel.

DireSickFish

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
SickFish
Cyanide Username
DireSickFish
Country Flag
the RebbL league uses a discord server to help with scheduling matches. It get's more used than the subreddit oddly enough. Asking over there might yield more information. Works slick, but I like that we have a working dedicated forums.

Orielensis

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Orielensis
Cyanide Username
Orielensis
Country Flag
I like discord too, but I don't think it's great for scheduling matches. TBBL has a channel in Sage's discord server but uses forum threads for scheduling.

It would be much better for chat than the chat bar on this website though!

TwoScoops

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
MSG Musculo
Cyanide Username
TwoScoops
Country Flag
Yeah I def wouldn't use it for scheduling - but am happy to hop on and talk smack before or after a game. May also potentially be a good place for people to hop on and look for casual games or munch ladder games.

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
The OFL uses discord, it's really revitalized chat over there and the Steam integration is good for helping you connect with your opponent.

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
I don't like any of this new technology stuff. Forums were good enough when our fore fathers wanted to arrange a BB match so it is good enough for us.

On a slightly more helpful note. How well does discord work on mobiles/tablets? I'm rarely on my computer and do most of this stuff on other devices.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
I don't like any of this new technology stuff. Forums were good enough when our fore fathers wanted to arrange a BB match so it is good enough for us.

On a slightly more helpful note. How well does discord work on mobiles/tablets? I'm rarely on my computer and do most of this stuff on other devices.

At least works very well on my android phone. Really good UI and feels smooth. Also VOIP worked well with a phone. Better than WhatsApp to be honest.

stephB

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
stephB
Cyanide Username
stephB
Country Flag
I do not see the harm in people using it to communicate if they want to, just like most use Steam messaging already. Though from an admin point of view the forums are still the only source of info with regards to the games being organised so should remain mandatory in that regard.

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
I do not see the harm in people using it to communicate if they want to, just like most use Steam messaging already. Though from an admin point of view the forums are still the only source of info with regards to the games being organised so should remain mandatory in that regard.

It will in the BC2.

Orielensis

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Orielensis
Cyanide Username
Orielensis
Country Flag
It works really well on phones CJ

Khornight

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
Khornight (also my steam name and most other things)
Country Flag
I'm one of those people that basically have been using steam for a lot of game organising. Discord is a massive improvement, easier to find people, messages don't dissappear into the ether when people are offline, easier to message people who aren't friends (so no need to turn friends list into "everyone I've ever met who plays bb").

But basically I don't check league websites every day, but I do look at discord on my PC and phone about every 8 hours. At the moment I'm in 6 leagues and all of them having a discord presents helps... Except bbt... Even ukbbl has one! :)

Orielensis

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Orielensis
Cyanide Username
Orielensis
Country Flag
Even ukbbl has one! :)

Yes but UKBBL has a player market that is also permitted for teams which are retiring to sell into. Can't believe they seriously included that craziness!

Jav

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Javelin
Cyanide Username
javelin
Country Flag
The OCC added a discord server with BB2 since we don't have the chat in-game. It works pretty well.

Borke

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Borke
Country Flag
Yep, I'd say that the experience with Discord over at the OCC has been very positive. There's always some chat going on, and the VOIP is very easy to use. I've also been told that it runs very well on mobile devices - we were organizing a meeting over Discord voice chat the other day, and one person was on his phone, and he had the app installed and was successfully talking to us in about a minute.

As for servers: I didn't set up the OCC Discord server, but from what I hear that's really easy, too. I think it's more or less "click a button, enter a name, voilà, you have a server".

Orielensis

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Orielensis
Cyanide Username
Orielensis
Country Flag
People need to sign up to this! Come on!