Norse What to buy for Norse? (In bashy league)

Steam Username
SmoothCriminal15
Country Flag
Hey. I'm pretty new to Blood Bowl and an playing in a league with a mix of about 50/50 experienced and new players. I'm very torn on how to spend my money going forwardn and I feel like I struggle against high Str teams. Any tips on how to develop my team?

I guess I'll start with my current team and schedule after 3 games:

110k to spend!
Werewolf 0spp
Werewolf 5spp
Berserker 2spp
Berserker 11spp Mighty Blow
Runner 6spp Dodge
Linemen 7spp +armor
6 unskilled linemen

Schedule:
Dark Elves
Vampires
Orks
Dwarves
Chaos Dwarves
Khemari
Orks again
Lizardmen
Nurgle
Necromantic

As you can see, that's a of S4 to put up with as well as a lot of Block and Armor 9.

Right now, I'm torn. I can usey 110k buy a second runner for sweet, sweet Dauntless and movement while adding linemen/a thrower, or I can save it to invest in the less reliable Yheti to try to get better at breaking armor.

Also, any tips for playing Norse vs Dark Elves (he'll have 4-5 block)?
Or any tips on playing against high Str teams?

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
I feel like the yehtee really shines against orcs and dwarfs so I would get the big guy. Against darkies it's a pity you don't have to but just blitz with your zetker every turn and try to attack up the sideline to make best use of your 4 frenzy.

Steam Username
SmoothCriminal15
Country Flag
Yeah. I don't really like the big guys a ton, but you may be right that it's just necessary in my AV heavy league.

Hopefully I can keep numbers advantage on the field for my Dark Elves game (starting 12v12), and it won't hurt me too much to not purchase any players before that match.

Steam Username
SmoothCriminal15
Country Flag
Thinking about it, will the Yhetee be much use against Vampires? I'm imaging chain-gaze to move away from him every turn, not letting me use him without Blitzing every turn. Does that sound about right? lol.

Valcurdra

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Yetis are terrible in my experience. It has some merit in that league compo. But skill very unreliable and not really good at its job untill level 2.

You would be crazy not to have the 2 dauntless runners in that league. Get the 2nd runner first for sure.

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
I like to start Norse with 2 runners precisely for the dauntless when up against a lot of Str 4 and the additional movement point. Norse are very good out of the box, you don't tend to struggle that much vs the bashier stronger teams (though I find Orcs hard work) until they start stacking up block and guard at higher TV.

As such I'd go with the 2nd runner first, look to then get the yhetee when you can afford it, and then look to get his 1st skill asap. In the meantime try and get the 1st skill on the ulfwerener's so they can be a lot more reliable.

Steam Username
SmoothCriminal15
Country Flag
I like to start Norse with 2 runners precisely for the dauntless when up against a lot of Str 4 and the additional movement point. Norse are very good out of the box, you don't tend to struggle that much vs the bashier stronger teams (though I find Orcs hard work) until they start stacking up block and guard at higher TV.

As such I'd go with the 2nd runner first, look to then get the yhetee when you can afford it, and then look to get his 1st skill asap. In the meantime try and get the 1st skill on the ulfwerener's so they can be a lot more reliable.

Okay. I'll go with that! Better short term benefits, anyways!

And my Ulf tripped with no reroll on a turn 16 TD to level last game :p
So close to block !

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
Okay. I'll go with that! Better short term benefits, anyways!

And my Ulf tripped with no reroll on a turn 16 TD to level last game :p
So close to block !

Yeah levelling the Ulf's is easier said than done;). My BC2 Norse team has 1 Ulf on 10 SPP after 23 matches, that includes 2 TD by about match 3, 2 cas and 0 MVP in all that time.........The other keeps dying / getting niggled so is about to start his 1st game. Again:cool:

Valcurdra

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Agreed losing an ulf is one of my most hated cas in bb. They are phenomenal players but very slow to skill up to start.

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
I don't love Norse runners, they're so expensive 40k for dauntless (meh) +1 ma (eh Norse already pretty fast) but the agi access is important so I'd always get them long term but in TV MM not bother.

Leveling the Ulfs is key, I quite like starting Norse with just the Yehtee and Ulfs and 9 linos, picking up zerkers as you go. In fact I'm using that in COL champions ladder right now. It's definitely not optimal (I'm 4-2-1 so far) but Yehtee and Ulfs have all leveled so mission accomplished. I'd use it in a league again.

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
Agreed losing an ulf is one of my most hated cas in bb. They are phenomenal players but very slow to skill up to start.

And just to hammer home the point my 10 SPP Ulf just died in my BC2 mirror match. Dead from a random non MB zerker block, apothecary was called on but he just said "Yeah he's dead":mad:. And then to really hammer home the point with extra large nails my yhetee managed to kill @NG1353 ulf, who I think was on 50 spp. Apo previously used to no cas his yhetee. Ouch.

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
I don't love Norse runners, they're so expensive 40k for dauntless (meh) +1 ma (eh Norse already pretty fast) but the agi access is important so I'd always get them long term but in TV MM not bother.

Leveling the Ulfs is key, I quite like starting Norse with just the Yehtee and Ulfs and 9 linos, picking up zerkers as you go. In fact I'm using that in COL champions ladder right now. It's definitely not optimal (I'm 4-2-1 so far) but Yehtee and Ulfs have all leveled so mission accomplished. I'd use it in a league again.

Thing with the Norse runners is as you say the Agi access. They give you potentially blodge sidestep after 16 SPP, add in 1 with sure hands, a double for guard and they are great. And the dauntless is really useful when you are up against higher Str teams. The 2 on my team are the undoubted stars, to the detriment of the Ulfs and the zerkers but then the Ulfs & zerkers keep dying on me...

Valcurdra

Super Star Player
Country Flag
The blodge on the runners is key, you need skills to mitigate the attrition to a manageable level with norse.

2 str 4 and 2 duantless gives you a good basic bash game.

Steam Username
SmoothCriminal15
Country Flag
So my Dark Elf opponent just leveled up a S4 blodging Witch Elf, which looks terrifying. The AG5 lineman he also got doesn't seem as scary by comparison.

The rest of the team is 3 blitzers and 6 lineman all at level 1. I think I'll buy the Runner, to get him leveling, but I'm very nervous about these Dark Elves as he seems to be one of the best players in the league and he has done particularly troublesome players now!

Borke

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Borke
Country Flag
Try to surf our foul that Witch Elf, she's a player that can win matches on her own, easily. Even if you don't have many/any Tackle players, hit the Witch Elf if you can, cause there's always the chance of a :pow:

Steam Username
SmoothCriminal15
Country Flag
Funnily enough, I didn't save the game after buying my Runner, so this whole thing was pointless! haha.

Squeezed out a 2-1 win, somehow, though!
Couldn't break the Witches armor (only got two -1 attempts), but I found interesting ways to keep her from blocking on a lot of turns, and made hat only get hits in by using the blitz!

At least now I have even more money lol