Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag

Ging

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ging
Country Flag
Apparently I needed more Trolls. Ging has won this game in 1 turn, after knocking a ball and stealing it from my cage where I held it for nearly 15 turns. Trolls for the win!
GG @Ging!
Yeah, thanks for the game @mamutas.

Looked ominous for my amethyst crew when we opened the first chest (expecting it to explode because there was a dwarf blitzer stood next to it)... and the ball was in there!
Next turn the dwarf blitzer pushed my rat onto the ball and it scattered back into the Blitzer's arms.
At this point I thought they'd power through my remaining players, but it all got a bit congested and we were able to get a few more players into the dungeon.
Their deathroller had KO'd my SF troll, but the sponge got him back and a few turns later he was in the thick of it.
MY rookie troll eventually got pushed into contact with the ball carrier and he took him down, then I think the other troll managed to knock a human lino down and onto the ball. The scatter was very favourable, in no opposition TZs and near my gutter runners.
Next turn they were able to pick up and head for the EZ.

GG mamutas.

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
Ridiculously one sided, TYS couldn't knock over anyone, two or three of his players were lost to the warp and I didn't have to use a single rr and made ever 3+ so 1-0 to Dambusters.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
Yes the dice were awful but it was the lag that was the main problem. The 2 guys I lost to the warp wouldn't have been there to be lost if I hadn't timed out due to the poor response time.

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
@dynamoDes continues with his winning streak. The players started to disappear and I had a single guy left before he went in for TD.
Massive Black Orcs corked the only two possible passages into his half and my feeble attempts to break through them did not pay off. Meanwhile a couple of his players were harassing me from the back and armor rolls flipped their backside to me. I got -1 ST on my MB TS and my Werewolf was killed again! Just when I bought the replacement before this game to the one killed a season ago.
Attempts to teleport the BC to other side ended up with losing more players so in the end the team had crumbled to the number superiority.

GG, @dynamoDes and GL in the future matches.

dynamoDes

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
dynamoDes
Country Flag
@dynamoDes continues with his winning streak. The players started to disappear and I had a single guy left before he went in for TD.
Massive Black Orcs corked the only two possible passages into his half and my feeble attempts to break through them did not pay off. Meanwhile a couple of his players were harassing me from the back and armor rolls flipped their backside to me. I got -1 ST on my MB TS and my Werewolf was killed again! Just when I bought the replacement before this game to the one killed a season ago.
Attempts to teleport the BC to other side ended up with losing more players so in the end the team had crumbled to the number superiority.

GG, @dynamoDes and GL in the future matches.

GG @mamutas.

It was a marathon of a game, with mamutas' hero Agi2 human lineman making two perfect teleports and a pickup to snatch it from the grasp of one of my lead-handed stormvermin in turn 4/5. That seemed to be the only thing nuffle would give him though, with only KO's for the rest of the game (almost all of which were early enough to sponge and teleport back in). mamutas had horrendous luck with both the warp (losing at least three players) and injury rolls, if he'd managed to get past either of the two bottlenecks in mice I think it was a whole different ball-game. Eventually I managed to score 'properly' on the last possible turn before winning by default, as despite having lots more Av7/8 I managed to get a 4-5 player advantage.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Thanks to Ging's advice to get another runner, said runner (Gingy) scored the winning (apparently turn 7?) touchdown for the Underworlders against Subterranean Nasties in a game where the Nasties were clearly quite hung over from something, leaving the pit right left and center citing "I'm KO:d, coach, promise".

Ging

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ging
Country Flag
@Nikolai II wins our match.

This didn't last long, maybe 7 turns?!
I managed to get to the first 3 chests... which resulted in 2 KOs and a stun.
I then lost 3 in the warp, and had another 3 KO'd (1 by a bomb and 2 more by Nik's players).

After that Nik's guys didn't even need to break sweat in running in the TD.
GG Nik.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
It was really the relentless assault of KO:s that beat you. The warp losses were when it was time for desperation moves (as teleports so often are ;))

dynamoDes

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
dynamoDes
Country Flag
True that. I'm still reeling from the sheer number of players @mamutas had get lost in the same teleporter. Those wizards have a lot to answer for!

dynamoDes

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
dynamoDes
Country Flag
A weird old game that one against @Nikolai II 's Amethyst, and another lucky win - it's been a bit of a blessed season really.

I actually potentially had a chance to win it turn 2, as my very first teleport in was a Witch nearest to his EZ (and the uncovered side after the Mino hadn't behaved T1) who speculatively opened a chest to find the ball. She managed to fail her first two rolls of the game though (3+ pickup with RR and a dodge the turn after) allowing the Underworlders to recover and foul her off the pitch. Having never played Hellbowl before it looked really open... that is until we tried actually navigating it. I was pretty much saved by the 1-square chokepoint on the way to my EZ, as Nik had to manouver to get everything ready for the Mino to clear and his secret weapons were playing like superstars (the elfier members of my team got close a couple of times but were summarily dispatched from the field, fortunately to be sponged and reintroduced later).

After a Gunner and Stormvermin managed to get round the back I thought it was all over, but as is somewhat typical for BB of all kinds the pass got fumbled, getting caught by one of my players. It still wasn't remotely safe though so I had to resort to the teleport to try and keep out of reach of those pesky rats, ending up straight back where I started two turns later (and having not paid attention to the camera I hadn't noticed I could get pushed into some lava quite easily, which Nik of course did). Where the ball ended up was beyond kind though, as the best Nik could do was base it with a Gobbo and I had the witch in range. After I pushed it into the teleport and lava'ed the only Gunner in range that was that.

The only perm from the game was my hero tackle Orc lino getting a stat-bust, so the question now is whether to replace him with a rookie Orc blitzer or keep him on and just buy another elf (they're supposed to be the main race of the team after all and I only have three :D). A Blorc has levelled to probably get block (or maybe the obvious SF), and the witch rolled doubles - I'm tempted to say f' it and give her juggernaut.

Phew, wall of text over... :skull:

Last edited:

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Some details wrong in the summary above, but by and large it's a good summary about the large swings - or at least the late game large swing when the ball returned to pretty much where it started by the throw-in, which was of course right next to my own goal. :p

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
A good game against Mamutas that finished with a win for the Tiny Twins.
Mamutas found the ball but luckily failed his 1st pick up attempt which gave me just enough time to get my players back.
I think at one point he was a dodge , hand off and GFI away from scoring but decided not to risk it and my AG3 bull was able to blitz the ball free and recover it.
I then marched upfield with one of the twins slowing down half his team by just dodging away a square knowing mamutas had a more important blitz to make next turn. That meant I had both a ST and a numbers advantage in the key area and was able to punch through for the TD.

Ging

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ging
Country Flag
A win for my Subterranean Nasties against @TravelScrabble's Dambusters.

Another ridiculous 'match' this week.
One of my gutters found the ball on T2.
On T3 another of my gutters warped into the dungeon within range of the EZ, and after 30 seconds of deliberation I dodged the ball carrier twice (3+, 2+), made a 2+ pass and a 2+ catch, and then other gutter runner ran it in. o_O

Cheers for the game TS... what there was of it! :D

Ging

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ging
Country Flag

dynamoDes

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
dynamoDes
Country Flag
Ah, is that what it was? I'd noticed that you didn't get the +1 when picking it up after opening the chest but had assumed it was just considered to still be bouncing or something.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
The Tiny twins manage a win to make it to the playoffs.
My blitzer found and picked up the ball on turn 1 and then scored with it on turn 25.
In between the 2 a lot happened and he lost the ball three times.
Ging even failed the pick up on one occasion due to a bug with it giving a penalty for non existent tackle zones. I will need to see the replay to check but he got a -2 on the pick up when no one was around the ball.
I think there were some NPC's around waving there arms in the area so I wonder if they give penalties to the pickup. I thought they were just decoration but am not certain about that.

Ging had the numbers advantage for most of the match but I managed to get ahead once we couldn't bring on any more subs.

Ging

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ging
Country Flag
Congrats to @tys123, who wins our playoff decider.
Was a long game, almost 2hrs in that tiny dungeon.

Tys found the ball in the first chest and manage to get it safe, but slowly we started to remove his players, until his ball-carrying bunch were a bit isolated.
Eventually the ball carrier was knocked down, and a couple of turns later we were able to get a GR onto the ball in 0 TZs.
I failed the first pickup with a 1, but used a RR and got a 3, however the game then factored 2 TZs into the roll from nowhere (?!?!) with a -2, which saw him fail the pickup which he should've passed.
After that, tys's guys were able to recover the ball and start removing my players.
The ball did go down on the floor twice more, but we didn't have the players available to do much about it.
Eventually, after the game had started removing players each turn as well, he was able to run in the TD.
Well played tys.

I must admit though I'm a bit salty with that bug costing me, that gutter runner should've made the pick up and still had movement available to roll away to safety.
We may still have lost of course, but who knows.

EDIT: Just watched it back, and its on T11.
I fail the pickup with a 1, but then the ball scatters to another square adjacent to 2 opposing TZs, which happens BEFORE it gives me the chance to RR it.
It should've let me RR the pickup before it scattered.

Last edited:

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
Having watched the replay it is even weirder than that.
He moved in to pick up the ball and rolled a 1.
The ball then scattered next to my 2 players.
He then rerolled the pick up even though he was not in the same square as the ball but had a -2 as the ball was now next to 2 of my guys.
This failed and the ball then scattered again.
A major bug that I haven't seen before.