Chaos Dwarf Chaos Dwarf team questions

The Dude

Veteran
Country Flag
ok got two dwarf level ups.

one has mb, 2 have guard one has clawmb and the two that levelled both have guard/mb and a normal. bulls and hobs are the same as before...

I'm thinking stand firm is pretty good but is dauntless worth a shout? or something else?

Also now i have decent cash I think I'll get a weather dome.

Jairo

Rookie
Guard Stand firm is a very good combination. Dauntless, you shouldn't really need that with a ST6 Bull.
Take in consideration that guard should be there to take on higher strength sides. I feel that far too often a MA4 AG2 dauntless blocker will find himself on the wrong spot do do something with his skill.

Stand Firm can help to protect your frenzy bull, your cage, block the opponents cage; in general keep your position better.

The Dude

Veteran
Country Flag
Yeah I went with stand firm on both and quite happy with it. Unfortunately the game after one of them died along with my frenzy bull. Teams still going strong though, my dirty player continued taking the mvp every game so I had to sack him at lvl 4. ;)

str 6 blodge bull (62 spp) break tackle bull (6 spp)
dorfs - 1 rookie 2 guard mb, 1 guard, 1 claw mb (27 spp :D) 1 guard mb sf
wrackle hob kick hob three rookies and my block sure hands who has a normal roll and I have no idea what to do with it. I guess fend or kick off return but I'm leaning towards recycle now or when I get another sure hands hob would be good? Especially as I'm trying to get the new bull TD's wherever possible. :p

Last edited:

The Dude

Veteran
Country Flag
ok got another level up i'm not sure about.

bull with block bt, bull with str 6 block dodge
dwarves have clawmbpo, guard mb sf, 2 guard mb 1 guard 1 rookie
hobs are wrestle kick, wrestle tackle strip, dp, sure hands 1 rookie and another rookie who rolled 4+4

I guess the options are leader (shrug) dodge (probably?) guard (iffy but good) or skip for another dp/wrestler? The more I think about it it's probably dodge I reckon!

Last edited:

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
Dodging with AG3 is fairly risky so you only really want to do it in an emergency. So dodge skill is really only useful on the ballcarrier , someone who gets hit a lot by non tackle players or your main blitzer. ( ie bulls , dwarves or the ballcarrier hob )
If you do go with dodge try to score with him and then sack your SH hob.
Otherwise just go with DP.

Most of the time you only have 3 hobs on the pitch. Initially that will be the wrackle strip , a DP and either the kicker or the SH.
The DP is the one most likely to be missing for the 2nd half and arguably the most important one so that is the one you want a replacement for.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Pretty much what Tys said - dodge means you'd be planning him as a replacement carrier. The other pick would be guard just to use him as an assistant offensive hobo since you are a bit low on guard.

The Dude

Veteran
Country Flag
Thanks for the fast and helpful responses guys! I did take dp in the end. Started a rat team who 4 games in had more claw then my Chorfs ;)

The Dude

Veteran
Country Flag
finally got the str6 bull to 76 spp for break tackle after 44 games and it's amazing. ;) got a couple level ups:

claw mb piling on guy has a normal.. thinking pro would be good? Guard dauntless even grab could work though I guess.
wrestle tackle strip ball hob also got a normal.. not sure what to get haha... dauntless maybe frenzy seems better on 2nd bull

Last edited:

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
Pro seems like the logical choice, gives you a free low risk shot to reroll double :pushback: Guard is nearly always great but not if you're rolling around on the floor. Stand Firm could also be useful to stop him getting pushed away, also useful on the corner of a cage, shame they nerfed it.

I'd consider Fend on that Hobgoblin, Dauntless could be useful to take on those stronger Block players to get them down though. Frenzy could work if you've got enough Guard and when hitting lower strength ball carriers but can also get you into trouble and always forces the follow up which means you're more likely to need to dodge with him if you want to blitz.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
claw mb piling on guy has a normal.. thinking pro would be good? Guard dauntless even grab could work though I guess.
wrestle tackle strip ball hob also got a normal.. not sure what to get haha... dauntless maybe frenzy seems better on 2nd bull

I got dauntless on my first clawpomber chorf, which was pretty useless (due to unlucky rolling) until he got a smashed collar bone - then it meant I could keep him around and he remained useful.

If you play that hobo on defense his might be a spot to waste on the kick skill. (Since you are probably not setting him up on the LOS anyway)

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
Pro is also worth a shout for that hobbo, you often have either used the rr or don't want to waste one when trying to down a BC so Pro again can slightly improve your odds to get the ball loose in a low risk way, dauntless and sure feet could also be useful.

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
How was it nerfed?

If I recall correctly if you failed a dodge with a Stand Firm player then they would just stay standing and end their action instead of falling over and causing a turnover.

Ging

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ging
Country Flag
If I recall correctly if you failed a dodge with a Stand Firm player then they would just stay standing and end their action instead of falling over and causing a turnover.
Oh right, I didn't know about that one.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
I got a wrestle kick hob already or kick would be great :p

So you are keeping two hobgoblins back from the line, and feeding more blockers there? You could always fire the wrestle kicker (although I usually end up with a kick blocker if he's gotten to four skills without a double/stat)

Else I guess pro or dauntless seem nice.

The Dude

Veteran
Country Flag
In 'real' drives I always put the dwarfs on the line yeah... . I try to protect the av7 because once I'm down numbers it gets pretty hard.. I thought everyone put there worst dwarfs on the line? I'll throw hobs on when its turn 16 or I'm up 2-0 or they have lots of claw but that's about it..

Last edited:

Jairo

Rookie
I tend to set up the same way, as AV 7 tends to be soo fragile on my teams. Opponents get the power armour 7 variant of course, which holds until turn 14 ;-)

I don't really see what the advantage would be to offer your opponent any AV7 blocks unless the situations the Dude has described.

Jairo

Rookie
I do have a similar problem though. I am playing Chorfs in our LGS and all has gone well for the first 4 games. Only last game my dwarf opponent succeeded in MNG two of my CDB's. One guard and one rookie (2SPP) one. I am down to 11 players, 2x guard CDB, Block BC and BT BC, a wrestle and a kick hobo completed by 2 rookie hobo's.

I do have 100k in treasury and am probably going to play up 100k VS Norse with 2x Ulfs one block, 2x berserker, blodge runner 1x yhetee and 6 lino's with 1 DP.
I am wondering if I can by 1 or 2 mercenary CDB'S for this match, without giving my opponent free inducement money.

Furthermore I believe that one Claw isn't sufficient to not put CDB'S on the LoS, right?
My strategy is to have some bench to win some attrition VS the Norse.

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
Not sure what the latest rules are for treasury and inducements, but if they've not changed then adding your treasury to your petty cash to spend on inducements will reduce the inducement money by the same amount. So if I remember the prices correctly you can get one mercenary Chaos Dwarf Blocker for that 100k inducement and that's it.

I'd still put them on the Line of Scrimmage.