Human Human Team Ideal Composition?

Mr Suplex

Star Player
Country Flag
Hi all, I am wondering what your thoughts are on optimal roster size and composition for a Human team. My current team is below, and I had some questions I've been mulling over.

• Should I invest in more catchers, or is two enough? Currently the play is to have 1 a wrestle/safety/defensive player and one a block/sidestep/scorer. I like the thought of two scorers and two safeties, but I worry about bloating my team too much.
  • Should I invest in the 2nd Thrower?
  • How many Linemen is best?

1 Ogre /w Guard, Stand Firm
1 Blitzer /w S4, Guard
1 Blitzer /w Guard, Mighty Blow
2 Blitzers
1 Thrower /w Block, Dodge
1 Catcher /w Wrestle
1 Catcher
1 Lineman /w Kick
1 Linemen /w Wrestle
3 Linemen
3 RR
1 Apoth

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
Yeah tell us what environment you are playing in and that will determine the response.

Mr Suplex

Star Player
Country Flag
Sorry for not being specific. I forget that the TT game now is a fairly drastic departure from the computer game.

I'm in a private online league for the Blood Bowl 2 PC game, with no TV limitations. There are a few teams at the 1800+ mark, and a few new teams at the 1000 TV mark, but most are in the middle around 1400 TV (like me). The league is fairly diverse, with a good mix of scoring and bashing teams.

sbr32

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
sbr32
Country Flag
Sorry for not being specific. I forget that the TT game now is a fairly drastic departure from the computer game.

I'm in a private online league for the Blood Bowl 2 PC game, with no TV limitations. There are a few teams at the 1800+ mark, and a few new teams at the 1000 TV mark, but most are in the middle around 1400 TV (like me). The league is fairly diverse, with a good mix of scoring and bashing teams.

It's not even just TT vs. online. On BB1 and fumbbl Human Catchers are AV7 while in BB2 they are AV8 which makes them much more valuable.

Now to your original questions.

To me number of Catchers depends on whether you would recycle the Block/SS guys if they don't roll something interesting (+ST, +AG, +MA, double) by level 3; the Wrestle/Tackle guy probably won't score enough to think about recycling him. If you don't like the idea of recycling then you could probably live with just 2 Catchers; if you might fire a guy who rolls 2 normal skills you might want to start training up a 3rd Catcher so you have something decent out there when you fire your level 3 Catcher. I can't imagine a time I would roll with 4 Catchers, but I have seen some Human teams that do so.

I like a 2nd Thrower, especially in a private league. He gets Sure Hands for just an extra 20k which is nice on an AG3 team. Until he rolls something special you just treat him like a slightly special lineman; I would put the 2nd Thrower on LoS when kicking over any Blitzer for example. It is only after he rolls something fun that you would need to think about protecting him; unless you want to build a dedicated passing thrower. That brings in a whole 'nother thing, but it's doable.

I would carry at a bare minimum 13 total players on the team if you don't plan to foul much. If you do, which you should, I would go to 14 and maybe 15 depending on the current match-ups.

You didn't ask, but I would take Mighty Blow as the first skill on your next 2 Blitzers, and turn at least one of those into a POMBer.

Good luck!

Mr Suplex

Star Player
Country Flag
Thanks for all the advice. I do intend to foul. My linemen tend to have very short lifespans, with 3 dying in about 8 matches. The next one to level up will get dirty player.

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
What Sbr32 said. I would add that a Str 4 Blitzer is really, really useful for humans, so protect him. You could probably use tackle on a couple of players in the near future, and I now quite like Dauntless on Human (or Norse) linemen if you already have a couple of dirty players, comes in handy when you're up against the Str 4 bashy teams which is where I find Humans struggle the most.

Good luck.

Mr Suplex

Star Player
Country Flag
I appreciate the advice. I think I'll try the "try to get an interesting roll or fire him" method with Catchers.

What skill would you put next on the Wrestle Catcher? Dauntless, Strip Ball, or Tackle (or something else)?

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
Tackle. (Sorry started typing then got interrupted, damn work!).

I would prefer tackle. Depends what you use him for though. Whatever you give him busting into a cage is highly unlikely and will probably get him killed, as a mobile assist/pain in the ass player though he can be useful. Other option is dauntless but I would prefer tackle 1st as I would expect to be able to get 1 assist if I'm trying to take down a carrier in the open.

Either are fine, I would prefer a Blodge Sidestep Catcher 1st before worrying about another catcher, but opinions may vary. Majority of teams have sure hands so I am not a huge fan of strip ball, look at the composition of your league though.

Last edited: