Microcuchon

Veteran
Steam Username
microcuchon
Cyanide Username
microcuchon
Country Flag
Hi all,

After a really successful streak of matches (13-2-1) with my new Undead team in BB2 COL, I have decided to start this thread to pay homage to the often underappreciated skeleton.
Contrary to "established wisdom" (or at least what I have read in this web and seen on the pitch), I decided to stack up on skellies, isntead of zombies, as my regular grunts. Obviously, I run 3 zombies for defensive LOS duties, but every other player who is not a positional is a skellie and I am starting to become really happy about my decision.
The key is, of course, that extra MV, which in my opinion beats the zombies´extra AV, What is not surprising, when you come to think about, because most coaches would pick the extra MV rather than the AV when rolling a 10. If you do that with most of your players, why choosing a zombie over a skeleton?
That extra MV is quite invaluable at many tasks, such as providing assists, marking runaway players, shutting running lanes and, of course, fouling where is needed. It really shines on defence, and the low amount of TD´s my team has sustained is partially due to the skellies´hard work.
Just as an example, my last match was against an Undead team very similar to my one, with a major difference: my rival had no skeletons. At a crucial point of the match a zombie snake eyed a GFI and my rival started complaining about bad luck. My thought was: that wouldn´t have happened to a skellie :)
What do you guys think? Anyone else a fan of the skellies?

JaspersaurusRex

Super Star Player
Steam Username
Tasteytaco
Cyanide Username
Jaspersaurusrex
Country Flag
Might as well be skellies. My zombies die like flies anyways. I have both on my team and one of my favorite players is my block skellie. He fills in nicely as a ghetto wight when I got one missing and the other guy seems to want to go out of the way to blitz him because he is armor 7 and all my ghouls are blodgersteppers

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
Hi all,

After a really successful streak of matches (13-2-1) with my new Undead team in BB2 COL, I have decided to start this thread to pay homage to the often underappreciated skeleton.
Contrary to "established wisdom" (or at least what I have read in this web and seen on the pitch), I decided to stack up on skellies, isntead of zombies, as my regular grunts. Obviously, I run 3 zombies for defensive LOS duties, but every other player who is not a positional is a skellie and I am starting to become really happy about my decision.
The key is, of course, that extra MV, which in my opinion beats the zombies´extra AV, What is not surprising, when you come to think about, because most coaches would pick the extra MV rather than the AV when rolling a 10. If you do that with most of your players, why choosing a zombie over a skeleton?
That extra MV is quite invaluable at many tasks, such as providing assists, marking runaway players, shutting running lanes and, of course, fouling where is needed. It really shines on defence, and the low amount of TD´s my team has sustained is partially due to the skellies´hard work.
Just as an example, my last match was against an Undead team very similar to my one, with a major difference: my rival had no skeletons. At a crucial point of the match a zombie snake eyed a GFI and my rival started complaining about bad luck. My thought was: that wouldn´t have happened to a skellie :)
What do you guys think? Anyone else a fan of the skellies?
I can certainly see the argument for them, haven't tried it myself though. Any other undead coaches run skellie heavy?

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
The thick skull on the skellies means they are removed from the pitch as often as zombies anyway. 8+ then 9+ as opposed to 9+ then 8+. The difference is skellies are stunned more often.
So it does make sense to have some skellies for the extra speed.
8 positionals , 3 zombies and 3 skellies gives you flexibility.
Zombies are better against bash teams where they are going to spend a lot of time being hit while skellies are better against elves who tend to dodge away a lot.

Microcuchon

Veteran
Steam Username
microcuchon
Cyanide Username
microcuchon
Country Flag
Skellies actually stay on the pitch longer than zombies when facing claw heavy opponents, so it is also an added bonus.
Surprisingly, after 14 games, only one skellie has died and none have been seriously harmed, but only one of them has managed to reach beyond rookie.
I gave her (she is a female skellie named Janis Joplin) Kick on her 1st skill up and Diving Tackle for a double, and now she is a staple in defence.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
I take it that means you have a ghoul on the bench on Defense.
I prefer to play with all the AG3 I can so don't have room for kick on anyone.

Microcuchon

Veteran
Steam Username
microcuchon
Cyanide Username
microcuchon
Country Flag
Yes, I am running with 3 ghouls in the team and one stays on the bench when I´m kicking. He is not my main BC, though, but a support player. Actually, he just leveled up and gave it catch, so he will probably only play defence when facing agility teams and be a handoff/quick pass option in attack.