Cyanide My first disagreeable Blood Bowl experience...

Super Star Player
Country Flag
I've really only had one bad experience online and that was with my Ogres. I was accused of being a noob by one particular Dwarf player, who is now on the blacklist, due to my happiness to carry out dodges with Ogres and shift my team around a bit. Of course, according to him I shouldn't do that and should play a lumbering style of attack and defence.

I promptly beat him convincingly and got all the lucky noob comments. Ironic really as I'd probably been playing Blood Bowl longer than he'd been alive.

jeffzcubfan

Veteran
Country Flag
Lebe,

if that's the case. Do what the famous Dick Butkus of the Chicago Bears would do before a game.
He'd see the opposing players warming up on the other side laughing and joking and build into his head that they were all aimed at him, making fun of him.

Needless to say, he is known as one of the hardest hitting linebackers is football history. That might help your game then. ;)

Regards,

Jeff Zimmerman

Darkson

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
Darkson
Country Flag
I have to say though that i'm really impressed by the admin's of FOL getting on top of the bad sports.

Even that they picked up the complaint from this thread is amazing!:powdodge:

I actually passed this thread to Dode, because I wasn't sure if Lebe666 was going to get into trouble for breaking the FoL "no naming or shaming" rule.

That said, I'm pleased his opponent is a known "bad sport", and is being dealt with.

MILLANDSON

Rookie
Country Flag
I actually passed this thread to Dode, because I wasn't sure if Lebe666 was going to get into trouble for breaking the FoL "no naming or shaming" rule.

That said, I'm pleased his opponent is a known "bad sport", and is being dealt with.

That's only actually a rule on the official Cyanide/Focus forums, and on the FOL forums (though I believe we're discussing a "Wall of Shame" for those who have been blacklisted already in the league) - we can't police or dictate what's said on other forums, so it's fair game here pretty much :p

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
I'm all for naming and shaming, people can easily hide behind it and be unreasonable otherwise.

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Exchange Stand Firm for Pass Block and Diving Tackle for Piling On and I'm with ya ;)

Darkson

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
Darkson
Country Flag
I'm all for naming and shaming, people can easily hide behind it and be unreasonable otherwise.
I agree, as long as it's proven before the naming and shaming.

I had an opponent call me a cheat in the OCC because my PC crashed (and I was winning 1-0 at the time with a beat-up DE team). Despite the fact I posted a crash log, he wouldn't accept it was a genuine disco (and he was awarded the win etc.). Luckily, the admins accepted my side, but if he'd gone all over the forums with that before the admins had looked into it...

Kingsrule77

Veteran
Country Flag
Hey,
Can anyone tell me how Blacklisting works in the game? Does it merely block the persons chat or does it block their teams as well?

Dealt with a guy who had a 4 word vocabulary and then quit when the game was turning against him.
Not that I have a thin skin by any stretch, but I'd rather not play with people who only say...
FU
F THIS GAME
YOU SUCK
F****T YOU SUCK
F THIS GAME
and then quit.

20phoenix

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
20phoenix
Country Flag
Just the chat - no way of avoiding them unfortunately. Just shut the chat box if you get douchebags like that

HC Vanselow

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Sour spirited coaches are entertainingly hilarious as they
cling to hopes of nobody impacting their farmed record.
Perhaps six months ago, my Goblins encountered an
Orc team who thought victories magically rain from the
sky for them. Nothing was fulfilling as chalking up a 3-0
win over that wanker !!! And people wonder why I'm not
a fan of Dorcs

r3dknight

Veteran
Country Flag
Huh my first disagreeable moment was probably some play-off game.
There's only 2 minutes per turn rule and I didn't really feel like chatting despite him trying to make small conversation. I don't try to be rude, I just got no time to type and rather pay attention to the game while capping screen to write AAR play by play.

He scored 2-1, I setup to receive on turn 14, and then the router went dead.
I had to reset the router.
Got back on steam and told him what happened.
He asked me if I'm going to concede.
I said maybe not. Cause there's still time to score. Blam. That triggered it.
Accusations of deliberate disconnect attempt to reset the game. He also called me rude, due to the lack of chat response during play, even though he congratulated my touchdown or when he wished me good luck at start of the game yada yada.

:confused: <---my entire face during this whole exchange.

Silfir

Veteran
Cyanide Username
Silfir
Country Flag
That... doesn't sound all that outlandish to me. If it's true you said nothing throughout the match (not even a quick "u2" to his "good luck"?) and disconnected right after he scored the lead late in the match, there's no way that would look good on his end.