The "Should I fire this guy or not?" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sataric

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Sataric
Cyanide Username
Sataric
Country Flag
Level 1 Amazon Blitzer got a niggling injury. Keep her or go ahead and fire her and get a new Blitzer? This is after the first game in an 8 game league (with playoffs)

Fire her as soon as you can afford a new one. Blitzers are the core of the Amazon team. You want all of them to be in as great shape as possible.

Overloathe

Rookie
Country Flag
Orc thrower with block, dodge, kor, and sure feet. Niggling, and he got -1AV on his last match. I don't have a blitzer with ballcarrying skills yet. What to do with this guy? im facing low TV Chaos Pact next, and then the play offs.

Last edited:

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
An AV7 niggled orc is a liability and long term would need to go. The question is what is better for 1 match. One of your blitzers carrying the ball , a rookie thrower or this thrower.
If that match is against a fast team such as wood elves or rats you need to get the ball into a cage quickly so kick off return is worth a lot more. If it against another bash team then you don't need KoR and your cage is more likely to get broken so the niggle and AV7 is more of a problem. The extra 80K in inducements is also a factor.
If you have the cash I would be tempted to buy a thrower for the Pact match but don't sack your skilled thrower. Then decide which one to sack when you find out who your opponents are in the play offs.

Overloathe

Rookie
Country Flag
An AV7 niggled orc is a liability and long term would need to go. The question is what is better for 1 match. One of your blitzers carrying the ball , a rookie thrower or this thrower.
If that match is against a fast team such as wood elves or rats you need to get the ball into a cage quickly so kick off return is worth a lot more. If it against another bash team then you don't need KoR and your cage is more likely to get broken so the niggle and AV7 is more of a problem. The extra 80K in inducements is also a factor.
If you have the cash I would be tempted to buy a thrower for the Pact match but don't sack your skilled thrower. Then decide which one to sack when you find out who your opponents are in the play offs.
Thanks for the answer! The problem is that he got the -AV by aging, so he still has to play this last match... I'm guessing that his ballcarrying skills will help against the sacking goblin and dark elf, but once again, maybe I should sack him as soon as possible and develop a blitzer or a new thrower as deep-passer...

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
What happens after the play offs? Do you start a new team or carry the team over to next season.
Also what do you think of your chances in the play offs.

If you don't need to win to qualify for the play offs then get a new thrower now.
You could get 2 TD's on the thrower so he has block for the playoffs.

If you are starting a new team next season then you could keep the thrower.
If you are keeping the same team then I would sack the thrower now unless you think this could be your season to win the title.

Overloathe

Rookie
Country Flag
Thanks again for your thoughts, Tys123. With all that in mind I will try to make the best decision (sack him right now since I will carry on with the team).

Much appreciated

Znarx

Courier Staff
Cyanide Username
Znarx
Country Flag
On my BC2 Wood Elf Team, I have one match left in the season. Team has 9 rostered players and 0 cash. I just spent all my money replacing a War Dancer who rolled Dead->Dead. My other War Dancer is MA 9, but AG 3, having taken an agility bust. My TV is 1630, so will be 1740 with two Journeymen, facing a Goblin replacement team with TV 920. The Dancer needs to go in the long term, obviously, but I'm not sure if I should fire him before the Goblin game to trim TV slightly, or if a blodge MA 9 piece is worth the 150K in TV he's going to cost me, even with AG 3. If I fire him, it will cut my TV by 80K after factoring in the replacement player, but that still leaves something like 740K in inducments for the Goblins, which is still plenty to wreck me.

Deithwen

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Deithwen
Cyanide Username
Deithwen
Country Flag
Imagine how sad you'll be when he gets the MVP. I generally see little reason in keeping him, he's gona steal SPP from other players, and you can't keep an AG3 elf forever, that's just gross. I seem to recall that you have an amazing sacker lino, so that's not a good reason as well. For one-turning, catchers are better than an AG3 Leap.

But then again, I barely have any experience playing with elves, so maybe you want advice from a better coach.

Veggente85

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
VeggenteBBT
Cyanide Username
Veggente
Country Flag
On my BC2 Wood Elf Team, I have one match left in the season. Team has 9 rostered players and 0 cash. I just spent all my money replacing a War Dancer who rolled Dead->Dead. My other War Dancer is MA 9, but AG 3, having taken an agility bust. My TV is 1630, so will be 1740 with two Journeymen, facing a Goblin replacement team with TV 920. The Dancer needs to go in the long term, obviously, but I'm not sure if I should fire him before the Goblin game to trim TV slightly, or if a blodge MA 9 piece is worth the 150K in TV he's going to cost me, even with AG 3. If I fire him, it will cut my TV by 80K after factoring in the replacement player, but that still leaves something like 740K in inducments for the Goblins, which is still plenty to wreck me.

You are probably doomed. For an elf team, nothing is worse than a much lower tv opponent relying on foul removals to win...

I think you can still use the agi 3 dancer for block blocks until you have the money for a replacement. You can even use him as a blodge screen player (to protect your healthy players) without much worries. What it is good is that he's blodge for only 150k, a lino with the same skill will cost you 110k, so you have only an inefficiency of 40k. And against full inducements goblins it doesn't matter at all.

So: to keep for goblins, to assess again next season.

DireSickFish

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
SickFish
Cyanide Username
DireSickFish
Country Flag
If you were the underdog I'd cut him to get more inducements. But giving up more inducements to gobbos isn't going to help you much. They can already get what they want. Keep him for the game and fire him in the offseason.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
If it is a choice between an AG3 dancer and a journeyman then the dancer is better and an extra 80K in inducements doesn't mean much when you are giving that much away. He is way better at hitting goblins that a loner lineman.

Znarx

Courier Staff
Cyanide Username
Znarx
Country Flag
If it is a choice between an AG3 dancer and a journeyman then the dancer is better and an extra 80K in inducements doesn't mean much when you are giving that much away. He is way better at hitting goblins that a loner lineman.
Yeah, wizard + 3 bribes is only 300K for Goblins, and they can still get Nobbla (to go with the rostered Looney) and Bomber Dribblesnot, or Morg or Ripper for more Throw Team Mate.

dynamoDes

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
dynamoDes
Country Flag
+1 for keeping him for this game, with that much in inducements the gobbo's will get whatever they want anyway.

sbr32

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
sbr32
Country Flag
On my Lizardman TT team, my Guard Krox got a Niggle. My next game, that the Krox will miss, is against a Khorne team that will only have played 3 games by the time we play. At this point I will only have 10 players for that match, with a rookie Skink also MNG.

We use the D3 MVP rule.

I have 175k in the Treasury.

I only have 1 other Guard. 5/6 Saurus have Block.

My remaining games are Khorne, Lizards, Undead, Goblins, Khorne, Chaos Dwarves

sbr32

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
sbr32
Country Flag
So you've got enough to replace him for the khorne game if you fire? I definitely would then

That was my initial thought but then someone I whose opinion I mostly agree with said I should keep him. Of course he also thinks break tackle should be first skill on a krox.

Thanks!

dynamoDes

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
dynamoDes
Country Flag
I'd also replace for what it's worth. It's such a new Khorne team that you shouldn't need the guard (but his strength might let you deal with the Bloodthirster that I presume the team has) and the new Krox will get one more chance to roll Block later.

sbr32

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
sbr32
Country Flag
Big Crunch Wood Elves. Block Guard Line Elf got -AV. I'm pretty sure he's gone.

EDIT: he is my 11th player and I have 130k in the bank.

Treeman, 1 Thrower, 2 Catchers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.