Altdorf-itude Sickness? [Season 10 fluff thread]

TomSchnizz

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Tom Schnizz
Cyanide Username
Le Bread masqué
Country Flag
Cheers! I am placed way higher in the predictions than I thought! The pressure is on.

Hudd

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I'm going to do my predictions:

Winner: @Guinness
Dubbed "The Worlds Worst World Champion" by many, (well... by me...) he has nevertheless taught me many pro tips over our previous meetings:

"The Ultra Stall" - This is where you stall, and don't even score on T8, all in the name of protecting your precious Saurus from the resulting kick-off. Let no one tell you he got mixed up!
"Shh, there's no-one there..." This is when you apparently forget about a Saurus and leave him on the ground far from the action. All in the name of preserving your precious team. Also, see next point.
"Playing crap." I have Lizards in REBBL. They reached the top tier in 2 seasons and were promptly clawed to death in short order. By some subtle crap-play, he has delayed his rise to the top, until his team is well, nigh-on unbeatable.

This guy is in it for the long-term - finally, his master plan has reached its fruition.

He also does good in-game banter - give as good as you get! :D

Otherwise, myself, @Veggente85 and @TheSir will challenge - although some of the newer coaches may surprise us. @cjblackburn will not be last, despite his depleted team.

That's about all I got. :)

Orielensis

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Orielensis
Cyanide Username
Orielensis
Country Flag
I'm going to do my predictions:
You just copied mine but didn't go outside the top 4 :p

Very interesting take on @Guinness perfectly pacing his rise to the top. He is going to make the claw teams play very well indeed to enjoy any success against him I think.

doohickey

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
That's right about where I would expect to finish, although I am really gonna try and push for 4th and that best in race spot!

Hudd

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
You just copied mine but didn't go outside the top 4 :p

Very interesting take on @Guinness perfectly pacing his rise to the top. He is going to make the claw teams play very well indeed to enjoy any success against him I think.

You didn't even think Guinness would win it! :D

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
I am going to do my predictions.

Stampy Stampy!

I’m sure there will be some other stuff happening but who cares about that.

Guinness

Super Star Player
Country Flag
@cjblackburn
Thank you kindly for the warning that Altdwarf is brutal! I've always assumed it was just that better coaches are here, but if it's really just the killing fields, that's good to know!

@Hudd
My master plan was just to survive the abuse that keeps coming to me! I'm very proud of my team, they've been the punching bag of so many other teams taking abuse left right and center and coming through like real rockstars!
1) "The Ultra Stall" - This is where you stall, and don't even score on T8, all in the name of protecting your precious Saurus from the resulting kick-off. (Legit, did happen)
2) "Shh, there's no-one there..." This is when you apparently forget about a Saurus and leave him on the ground far from the action. All in the name of preserving your precious team. Also, see next point. (Also legit, did happen)
3) "Playing crap." I have Lizards in REBBL. They reached the top tier in 2 seasons and were promptly clawed to death in short order. By some subtle crap-play, he has delayed his rise to the top, until his team is well, nigh-on unbeatable. (The real story here is that my team has almost as many Cas against Sauri than the entire team has against everything else the past 3 seasons, more 2 seasons ago. Just ask @Hudd , @Numberwang , @zectorman , they'll tell you that they dropped half my Sauri off the pitch before halftime last time our teams played one another.)

Predictions:
Since this is my first time trying these, I'll do a top, mid, bottom prediction (myself exempt):
1-3) Miragliano Idols, Moon Shiners, Uzkulak Oathbreakers
4-6) Drakworld Beasts, Blue Face Clan, Numbers
7-9) Frank Intell's Fun Bunch, Disciples of Life, Uzkulak Razorfins

1-3)
@Veggente85 : New Coach To Me, but anyone who can keep a relatively healthy Elf team in a division @cjblackburn deems a "killing field" then he's got some real game to him!
@Ravers : 100% props to this guy. I've seen him rock some great games in previous divisions and heard singing of his praises by the admin staff, but the most credible mention I have, is that I watched him with Halflings (TV880) beat one of the teams in this division 2-0.
@TheSir : NCTM, this team looks vicious, brutal, and like it can destroy AV9 or Dodge teams either way. I think with some smart playing he's going to decimate the Elves in the division and make it really painful for the AV9 teams too.

4-6)
@Hudd : First time we played, more than half my team was in the Cas box (and that's before he had Claw). Looking forward to seeing what makes him the leading coach in the league!
@doohickey : NCTM, this is probably the most toxic, vorpal, anti-elf team that I've seen. I feel bad for every single Woodie in the league (and I really hope I get to play the WoE in this league the week after he faces them). But with all that Guard, he'll be a nuisance if he can keep his players together.
@Numberwang : Most people have given him the look over, but in my time playing with and against Numbers, he's been a total rockstar, and makes a lot of savvy decisions and is very well thought out, and his ball handler is one of the best in the league (except the elves).

7-9)
@TomSchnizz : Tom's team has had really poor fortune with Casualties on his way up the divisions. I'm proud of him, impressed with him as a friend, but I have a feeling the Claw/Tackle teams are going to make this a very painful stay for him.
@cjblackburn : I have the utmost respect for CJ as a coach, but I'm guessing that this team was something much more solid before the atrocities visited upon this team. I really want to see what he's going to do with the team, but moreso, the viewers want to see what other teams are going to do /to/ this team.
@zectorman : Z is a newer coach to the scene, like me. We've had games a lot, but the tilt is real here, and I have a feeling against experienced and solid coaches that's going to be trouble for him. Also... hates Halfllings... just saying... ask him the story... he'll spit at their mention...

Seriously looking forward to going back down to T4 where I'm told I belong by my CCL opponents. :)

zectorman

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
veratech_01
Cyanide Username
zectorman
Country Flag
@Guinness I like your predictions best, gives me the nice pillow of "Well here I am at the bottom, anything up from here is a positive" So ill take what I can get.

But that being said he is not wrong at all, I get a bad case of the Tilt, or as I like to call it, severe chronic nuffle induced manic depression. Not to make light of anyone that has any real issues regarding thus. But the game can get me very down and make me play like a devil without care. That and I cant keep my mouth shut on the chat box, probably best if i just get rid of the keys on my keyboard half the time. Mostly because i find its easier for me to talk through the bad rather than keep it in. When im on a roll i usually keep my game clean but when things go wrong fast then its very much a down hill slope.

I try my best half the time, the other half i play like a newbie. Considering that so many coaches have dropped out or rolled new teams somehow I was given a spot at the top. Honestly never thought I would get here and truth be told I wouldn't say my team is ready tv wise. Most of the tv comes from a useless Mino i have to trick people into hitting him instead of my important pieces. Already consider getting rid of him considering i dont think the coaches here would fall for that stuff.

As far as if i had to describe my style of play? Well when the dice are nice, i like to play it smart and control the board, remove pieces as much as possible like a reasonable coach. When i am out of my mind with the Tilt or playing from an almost impossible positon, its balls to the wall make seven 6+ rolls to get the ball out and triple red dice your cage and forget that this game requires strategy from time to time.

Also, I lost to Ravers last season with my 1880 TV chorfs to his stand in brand new Halfling team. That broke me for the next month or so and I really didnt know if i wanted to delete the team or delete the game period. So i am here now. Cheers boys and girls. Gl and Im going to try to have fun. Let it be known that I do respect the skill of those here and acknowledge that most of you could coach circles around me, but I am not totally hopeless, just rely on luck maybe a little too much.

Orielensis

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Orielensis
Cyanide Username
Orielensis
Country Flag
Yes we are all on board and ready to go, so thanks guys.

Great to see people contributing their own predictions - keep the fluff and smack talk going. We'll have fixtures soon.

@zectorman based purely on your own description I guarantee you are going to find Altdwarf tough (in terms of frustration, etc). Try to find your BB zen for those times when it's all going wrong! It's a dice game and sometimes it does all go wrong several games in a row (ask my OCC team ...).

Guinness

Super Star Player
Country Flag
@Orielensis has it right @zectorman , finding a way to keep your calm is really the mainstay of Bloodbowl. I rant about dice in chat, but the truth is, I laugh behind the monitor almost the entire game, unless it's really a grizzly match where a team is getting permanently destroyed, then I feel grim for either of us, I like seeing good teams stick around and have a chance at winning the next time.

Speaking of winning and such... how is it that @Hudd is lacking a BC2 win trophy? Of that matter, how is it that I never got one for this World Cup nonsense? ;)

Veggente85

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
VeggenteBBT
Cyanide Username
Veggente
Country Flag
@Orielensis has it right @zectorman , finding a way to keep your calm is really the mainstay of Bloodbowl. I rant about dice in chat, but the truth is, I laugh behind the monitor almost the entire game, unless it's really a grizzly match where a team is getting permanently destroyed, then I feel grim for either of us, I like seeing good teams stick around and have a chance at winning the next time.

Speaking of winning and such... how is it that @Hudd is lacking a BC2 win trophy? Of that matter, how is it that I never got one for this World Cup nonsense? ;)

I lack a trophy too! @Ilgoth

Last edited:

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
@Guinness thanks for the compliments but I think you might be reading a bit too much into that Fling game:).

I'm playing Norse here anyway, from past experience I expect to struggle to get wins against the 2 Orcs, your Lizards, the 2 Chorfs, and Nurgle (ie the AV9). Elves, Chaos and Necro a better match up for me but that includes the champions for the last 3 seasons so no easy wins there!! I would expect mid to low table for my team purely on the other races. I also have the risk of AV7 imploding.
Will do my best as always, but actually I am tipping Guinness to do well and maybe win, failing that I would also expect the winner to come out of TheSir, Veggente, or Hudd. I also tip CJ to win the most fouls committed trophy, if there was such a thing.

Orielensis

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Orielensis
Cyanide Username
Orielensis
Country Flag
Division will be started and fixtures generated about 1930 UTC today if anyone wants to get us under way tonight!

Guinness

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Close to the end of the season, I decided to go look at my predictions and comment on them.

1-3)
Yes @Veggente85 : Exactly what was expected, one amazing coach with many amazing games holding himself to an epic standard of play.
No @Ravers : Unfortunately I expected to see Ravers land squarely at the top 1/3, but instead he's landing (currently) in the bottom third. Some heavy Cas against him games this season hurt.
No @TheSir : Seeing @TheSir play, I see that he likes to play for removals (and his team is designed that way at this point, though he swears it had less aggressive players at one point). That removal based game has put him in the uncomfortable position of tying more games than winning.

4-6)
No @Hudd : Despite the team's condition, Hudd has rallied his broken players. As it stands he has a couple of the easier games (on paper) left in the season. Without some fancy play from @TomSchnizz , @Veggente85 , or @cjblackburn he might be in line for a 3rd win this season!
No @doohickey : This Orc killing team has done it's job enough to manhandle his way into the top 3rd of the players.
No @Numberwang : Almost every game I watched, @Numberwang lost more players and his team just kept getting trounced, I feel bad for the guy, 2 Blorcs dead in one game. Been a rough season, but I know he'll pick something great up next season!

7-9)
No @TomSchnizz : Tom's team has had really poor fortune with Casualties on his way up the divisions. I'm proud of him, impressed with him as a friend, but I have a feeling the Claw/Tackle teams are going to make this a very painful stay for him.
No @cjblackburn : I respect CJ even more than I used to, holding himself in the middle third, right now, he's pulled out win and ties against teams that should have decimated him on paper. Props to you, Kudos to the team! (Impressed that you're back up to 8 players!
Yes @zectorman : In all fairness, having watched his games, Z lost more through Nuffle's design than his own poor playing. Props to him for the win and ties he has scored!

In all fairness, barring 2 exceptions jumping to the opposite side of my predictions, I did pretty good. Next time I'll drink more when making the predictions, Nuffle seems to encourage that.

Hudd

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Getting very interesting at the top, any of the top 5 could win it.

I was stung last night - could only get 11 players, used apo on a early BH to keep myself in the game, only to lose my wrestle, tackle, dodge, ag4, 2 heads beast :(

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
Getting very interesting at the top, any of the top 5 could win it.

I was stung last night - could only get 11 players, used apo on a early BH to keep myself in the game, only to lose my wrestle, tackle, dodge, ag4, 2 heads beast :(

Only 11 players? I remember that luxury.

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
Well guys I could not prevent the lizards winning, but I did trim about 600 TV off them for the last round, so should be interesting. Good luck all;).