Cathay ~ Match 1 [BC2 Season 10]

Branch

Veteran
Cyanide Username
Branch
Country Flag
@Hordemaster Thanks for the game! Was fun even though my elves got a got smacking. In the end neither of us managed the long odds TD play

e: I uploaded on statsgrabber

Hordemaster

Veteran
Steam Username
Hordemaster
Cyanide Username
Hordemaster
Country Flag
@Hordemaster Thanks for the game! Was fun even though my elves got a got smacking. In the end neither of us managed the long odds TD play

e: I uploaded on statsgrabber
Thanks for the game and uploading the stats.
I expect future match-ups will be different when we get some skills on them.

Branch

Veteran
Cyanide Username
Branch
Country Flag
Thanks for the game and uploading the stats.
I expect future match-ups will be different when we get some skills on them.
probably. I learned a valuable lesson from the beating in the second half. Gotte be prepared to deal with the blitz :D

banzai76

Veteran
Steam Username
banzai76
Cyanide Username
banzai76
Country Flag
@banzai76 no worries mate, im loading her up now

2-2, gg thanks! I uploaded to statsgrabber.

A desperate gamble (3 tackle zone pick-up) by my catcher to go 2-1 up. The hero prompty failed a free pick-up a few turns later, leading to his getting surfed and killed during an equally desperate chorf passing maneuver to equalise.

I rolled a 6 and bought an apothecary though, so some good news.

A big thanks to my wardancer for lying unconcious through 3/4 of the match. And my treeman for instantly taking root at every opportunity. Cheers guys!

At least I don't have to play any more blocking teams anytime soon. <checks schedule>. Oh dear.

martybhoy

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Thanks to @banzai76 for popping my BC2 cherry!!

Match Report (Wood Elf) Twigz. V Woe Vale Grievers (Chaos Dwarves)

1st half

Chorfs won the toss, elected to punt and there was drama right from kick off with an Elf getting KO'd by a rock.
That did not seem to hamper them at all however, as they raced down the sideline to score a well executed 2nd turn TD. 1-0.
A deep kick and a failed RR pickup put the Chorfs on the back foot early on in their first possession but they rallied and began grinding their way downfield. The casualties on the Elves defence mounted up and their Tree was clearly in no mood for the game, rooting itself early and often. By the time the Grievers reached the end zone on T7 there were 5 Elves on the sideline nursing wounds and perhaps the Grievers coach could be forgiven for thinking that this one was there for the taking... TD. 1-1

2nd half

Dwarf ball... Woodies down 3 players.
Another deep kick from the Twigz and the ball is in the Chorfs end zone
Hobo fails the pick up... out of the back of the end zone.
Elf nips in and steals the drop ball deep in the Grievers half
The rest of his teamates pitch in and manage to stun one dwarf and kill another who was saved by the apo.
Tree roots.
Chorfs seize the opportunity and blitz the carrier then surround the ball as their coach breathes a premature sigh of relief...
In an incredible move, an Elf lineman blitzes into the ball, it pops up and out of the scrum. Another swoops in dodging twice on his way to the ball, plucking it up out of a triple tackle zone before dodging out and away again to safety using 3 GFIs in the process... next turn TD. 2-1
I think its fair to say that the Chorf coaching staff may have tilted a little after that because what followed was madness...
The Hobo ball carrier outran his own protection down the side and even though the Elves were down 4 players (including their Wardancer who had, by this point, failed 3 get up rolls) they closed in tightly around the vulnerable greenskin.
Blitz!
Loose ball! Recovered by the Woodies!
Blitz!
Loose ball!
Elf catcher (who scored both TDs for the Twigz.) fails to pick up... gets surfed... DIES!
Hobo runs in and steals this time... dodges out... Throws... CAUGHT!... CAUGHT! and all the way to the end zone by the big Centaur as the game winds down TD. 2-2

Twigz. 2-2 Woe Vale Grievers FT

Perhaps not a game for the Purist but PACKED with action.
In all fairness, I think i was up against a better coach today but his players let him down. all the best of luck in your remaining games @banzai76

Sataric

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Sataric
Cyanide Username
Sataric
Country Flag
@Legend28 and @Skulls - Your match is the only one unplayed in the division currently. Legend has been trying to get in touch with you, Skulls. I've sent you a PM about this, and as I mentioned there, I'd really prefer for all matches of MD1 to be played before Wednesday of this week so we can roll over to MD2. That leaves only Monday and Tuesday for getting the match sorted. Kindly schedule something ASAP - Thanks.

Legend28

Veteran
Steam Username
ibjelis
Country Flag
@Legend28 and @Skulls - Your match is the only one unplayed in the division currently. Legend has been trying to get in touch with you, Skulls. I've sent you a PM about this, and as I mentioned there, I'd really prefer for all matches of MD1 to be played before Wednesday of this week so we can roll over to MD2. That leaves only Monday and Tuesday for getting the match sorted. Kindly schedule something ASAP - Thanks.

Im available whole day tuesday if that helps, but @Skulls was not online since 20th januray so doubt he will show up

Branch

Veteran
Cyanide Username
Branch
Country Flag
If I may, I recently played a match with Skulls in a different league, I'm going to DM him on Discord maybe he is available there.

e: apparently I can't send him a message on discord cause we don't share a server

Last edited:

Sataric

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Sataric
Cyanide Username
Sataric
Country Flag
UPDATE:

Normally I try to keep these things behind the scenes, but I could use some assistance here from you guys, so..

I tried to be patient and see if Skulls would show up (and of course I attempted to contact him through any means I could think of) but things are not looking good since he's been completely unresponsive so far, and he's now delaying the division significantly meanwhile most of the other divisions in the league are all finished and moving onwards to their second match day. This means that Skulls will need to be replaced. I can not see any way around that unless he shows up within the next five minutes.

I have sent out PM's to the people on our waiting list, but there aren't too many names on it, and therefore I'd like to ask you all if you could look around for a potential recruit. Perhaps you have a friend that would love to be in the same division as you? This would be an excellent opportunity to make certain that you'd end up in the same group and get to play each other. First person (not currently playing in BC2) to make a team and send me the name gets the spot, because I want to move forward as soon as possible! Thanks for understanding, and I apologize about the unfortunate delays.

banzai76

Veteran
Steam Username
banzai76
Cyanide Username
banzai76
Country Flag
UPDATE:

Normally I try to keep these things behind the scenes, but I could use some assistance here from you guys, so..

I tried to be patient and see if Skulls would show up (and of course I attempted to contact him through any means I could think of) but things are not looking good since he's been completely unresponsive so far, and he's now delaying the division significantly meanwhile most of the other divisions in the league are all finished and moving onwards to their second match day. This means that Skulls will need to be replaced. I can not see any way around that unless he shows up within the next five minutes.

I have sent out PM's to the people on our waiting list, but there aren't too many names on it, and therefore I'd like to ask you all if you could look around for a potential recruit. Perhaps you have a friend that would love to be in the same division as you? This would be an excellent opportunity to make certain that you'd end up in the same group and get to play each other. First person (not currently playing in BC2) to make a team and send me the name gets the spot, because I want to move forward as soon as possible! Thanks for understanding, and I apologize about the unfortunate delays.

Thanks @Sataric - I think you've done everything you can, and i'm sure we all appreciate the effort. At least this is happening in the first week, and so it can be dealt with quickly, without too much disruption.

I don't know anybody myself, but i'm sure the waiting list members will speak up soon.

Sataric

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Sataric
Cyanide Username
Sataric
Country Flag
UPDATE:

Have found a replacement for Skulls. New coach is named @Alttarego (Xianaria in-game) and he will be bringing some Lizardmen called Blue Lives Matter.

@Legend28 and @Alttarego - If you could get the chance to play this match either today or tomorrow, it would be most appreciated. :D Sorry for the inconvenience!

Last edited:

Legend28

Veteran
Steam Username
ibjelis
Country Flag
UPDATE:

Have found a replacement for Skulls. New coach is named @Alttarego (Xianaria in-game) and he will be bringing some Lizardmen called Blue Liver Matter.

@Legend28 and @Alttarego - If you could get the chance to play this match either today or tomorrow, it would be most appreciated. :D Sorry for the inconvenience!

Thats good news, i can play today anytime really so @Alttarego its your move