Dark Elf using the assassin

Athanatos

Star Player
Country Flag
Well I've taken SS on the skilled Blitzer and WE, Kick on Lino and Diving Tackle on the rookie Blitzer so now have

Blitzer (Blodgestep) with 20 SPP
Blitzer (+Tackle) with 9
Blitzer (+Tackle) with 11
Blitzer (Diving Tackle) with 8
WE (+Block and Sidetep) with 19
WE (+Block) with 6
Runner (+Pass) with 11
Assassin (+ Multiple Block) with 8
LE with 3
LE (Kick) with 6
3 LE with none
260k in the treasury (=+110k to TV) (was 360, but bought a RR) total TV 1830

Should play the league game against Human team tonight

Athanatos

Star Player
Country Flag
Now played my last league game, against the previously unbeaten Human team, and won 2-0 after a tight game.

Using Kick was good, though tempered by him now MNG due to a random sponsor roll. Effective use of Sidestep is obviously a skill that I need a bit of work on, not that I did anything particularly stupid but sometimes realised a better option. And I need to use the SS witch to surf if there’s any choice.
Diving tackle saved an equaliser TD in turn 8. I’d scored on defence after he’d left his ball carrier exposed then on my turn 7 sandwiched his only possible TD player between the Assassin and the DT Blitzer. He passed the shadow roll but failed the DT dodge having already used a reroll with a GFI to get an assist on the block to free up his Blitzer.
On my second half drive I nearly lost the Ball when the Assassin quad skulled a block (and knocked himself out) exposing my Runner who managed the Dump Off to a surprised LE who was promptly surrounded but managed to get the ball away with an inaccurate long throw that was missed by the WE in the end zone but luckily the throw in wasn’t too bad and I recovered when his player couldn’t pick up but I could and protect him with a cage 7 squares out and we both forgot he had an unused wizard which might have prevented the TD.

Blitzer (+Tackle) with 15 (both TD)
Blitzer (+Tackle) with 11
WE (+Block) with 6
Runner (+Pass) with 11
LE with 3 (MNG Injury)
LE (Kick) with 6 (MNG Sponsor)
3 LE with none (one MNG Injury)
370k in the treasury (=+220k to TV) total TV 1720 plus new skill.

One of the Tackle Blitzers got the MVP and rolled a normal skill, What do you suggest?

Also how many more LineElves should I buy? I have 2 (plus Journey Elf if no purchase) for the next game, which is the end of league play-off and last game if I lose (winner plays upper league winner). This play-off game is likely to be the same Human team, who has a 14man team but not entirely sure.

I could get a Star player (and even keep him if there is a final final game)

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
I would put dodge on the blitzer.
You really want at least 12 players for the final game.
I would either get 3 linemen to get you up to 13 players and then potentially sack some of them if you would have more than 14 players for the last match.
or
Get a star and a lineman.
I like Sidewinder but Roxanna and Hubris are also good. Sidewinder opens up holes for your players to blitz through , Roxanna dominates the sidelines and can leap in for strikes against the ballcarrier while Hubris gives you some much needed strength and MB.

If this is the last 2 matches for the team then I would get a star. The extra cost of keeping them isn't going to stunt your development , you don't need to worry about them hogging the SPP and they give you more options than just having a lineman.

SirSebstar

Veteran
Country Flag
eldril is really great with that hypnotic gaze, open up a corner of a cage and stroll right in there. basicly everything else that tys123 said.

Athanatos

Star Player
Country Flag
I've since had a couple of practice games trying out Edril.

One was using a rookie version of my team against Chaos Dwarfs with Hthark. Got absolutely minced as he recovered from his previous dice game (lots of snake eyes and double skulls) to roll lots of 11,12s (I had 5 dead by the time we stopped, curiously none of the AV7s) Edril did show his potential a bit, but fluffed his gaze roll several times.

The second was against WE using the developed team which was 2-2. Edril died on turn 8 attempting a Pass Block that needed 3x3+ dodges; a bit of a farce as we both had bonehead moments - I forgot about my Apothecary and he, needing a 2+ pass and 2+catch rolled a 1 when out of TRR and forgot the player had Pass! Did Dump-off to my Assassin (who next turn handed to a WE for a TD) and then the leaping WE *edit that’s his WarDancer *(Blodge and Strip Ball) double skulled

Still weighing the pros and cons of Edril v Hubris as Edril's lack of block has meant a lot of time on the deck.

Last edited:

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
Yes there is no denying that Edril is more fragile than Hubris. But he does give you more options if you can keep him on the pitch.

Athanatos

Star Player
Country Flag
After a post league lay-off, I have one game remaining, to play the League 1 winner, a young Dwarf player (who beat the Undead player I was expecting)

currently have:
Blitzer (+Dodge and Tackle) with 16
Blitzer (+Tackle) with 15
WE (+Block) with 6
Runner (+Pass) with 17 Rolled a 6+4
LE with 8 Rolled a normal skill
LE (Kick) with 6
3 LE with none
Hubris
110k in the treasury total TV 1,970,000 plus new skills

What do you suggest for the two skills of this team's last ever game?
Presumably Block for the LE?
For the Runner with a 10 roll, I am thinking again Block for survival against Dwarves, though obviously +M would be of use (or even +Armour!)

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
I'd take wrestle on the lineelf. Ma and block are both good for the runner.
The reason for wrestle over block is that the faster team usually prefers both players on the ground rather than both remaining standing. It gives you more space to take advantage of your speed and you can stand up and move 3 while a dwarf blocker only gets to move 1.

Athanatos

Star Player
Country Flag
Thanks for all your advice over the past months.

I have now played the last game with this team. Play off with the winner of League 1 ( who had also won the cup, both times beating the Undead player everyone expected to win)

I took wrestle on the line elf and movement on the Runner.
He won the roll for first turn and naturally chose to receive. After a brutal few turns I had 4 KOed and the Assassin was out for the game despite using the Apothecary and he’d also killed Hubris. I backed off allowing him an easy TD, but he still stalled to turn 7. So I had 2 rolls to recover the KOed and got 3back by the start of second half. He used a bribe keep the ‘Roller on the pitch. I scored in turn and 4 and he managed to argue with the ref and keep the d*mn ‘Roller on the pitch. After a play I didn’t see coming he ran his Runner down the side. I managed to make about 6 or 7 dodge rolls including against a diving tackle, as well as nearly a dozen gfi rolls to get my elves back to hinder the TD, which he made after a dodge, hand off 2 gfi and a path clearing blitz. Final score 2:1 against.

Cheers

David

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
Good job getting to the final, sucks to lose but sounds like an uphill battle and BB can always get you like that. Its a marathon not a sprint.

Athanatos

Star Player
Country Flag
Thank for all your help in the past, and the team has been retired. Being table top, however, I still have the models and not much else painted. Just applied for a 1 day resurrection tournament with 1,100,000 to spend.
4 Blitzers
2 WE
Runner
Assassin
3 LE
2 rerolls spends the cash ( and being away until the tournament, there’s not much else I can field)

The tournament rules give Dark Elves, as a ‘Tier1’ team 4 normal roll skills ( no more than 3of the same and only one skill per player) What do you suggest?

I was thinking Block and Wrestle on the WE and either 2 dodge or dodge and tackle on Blitzers

The tournament is a strange but fun one, each match has a tournament unique Star Player who plays for one side first half and the other second half. He’s M5, S3, Ag2 AV8 with Loner, Bonehead, Block, Dirty Player, Thick Skull and the unique Strangle ( acts like an Assassin stab with +1 to both Armour and Injury roll, all Cas count as KO and add points)