That mandatory "Share Your Art" -thread

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
Yeah I tried to make some slightly bigger to match the age of all of them, but I might have gone bit too far as it indeed looks like scale is off with them.
Or maybe they are just smallish ogres?

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
After updating my team blog yesterday, I felt bad for not delivering player art at all.. So begun that work, and made banner for throwers.

Ance Doalain-art-dss.jpg

Ance Doalain-art-fb-close1.JPG

Ance Doalain-art-fb-close2.JPG

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
Been working on the next serious painting / timelapse. Struggling with it, mainly as it packs a lot of punch regarding subject matter and challenging perspective.

wip-share.JPG

LordLauri

Rookie
Country Flag
Did someone say art share thread?

I would like to say I keep my artsyness going on all the time but... ah well. I don't because procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday.

But I do draw occassionally. I've been doing it as a hobby since 2003 or so. No schools related to it so I'm mostly just self-taught.

Sadly, most of my art isn't exactly... suitable to share here so I'll just throw couple pieces that are here.

tumblr_p1lem1FMP31sv1x94o1_1280.png

tumblr_nee8lenZiv1sv1x94o1_1280.jpg

The latter one is clearly older, haha... Most of my art is centered around my original characters which I have so much I don't know what to do with all of them.

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
Nice drawing @LordLauri !

Coincidentally, I am looking for someone who can draw a trophy image for our Combo Crunch competition. Something like you see near the names in post, like a spoon near mine.
Would you care to give it a try?

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
With your drawing style @LordLauri you could benefit from looking into what "rim lighting" is with art. Would make them pop! Sweet character ideas.

My next painting is coming along, taking lot longer than I prefer. Had outside help with a detail idea; deflated bb ball floating in the ocean. Added two birds fighting over it.

wip-share5.JPG

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
With your drawing style @LordLauri you could benefit from looking into what "rim lighting" is with art. Would make them pop! Sweet character ideas.

My next painting is coming along, taking lot longer than I prefer. Had outside help with a detail idea; deflated bb ball floating in the ocean. Added two birds fighting over it.

View attachment 1382
The one on the right is blitzing the ball career! It better had block or something!

LordLauri

Rookie
Country Flag
@mamutas Thanks! I appreciate the question but I must admit that doing designs - other than characters - isn't my strong suite so unfortunately I must decline. I mean, I always struggle coming up tattoo designs for my characters anyway so...

@Ilgoth Thanks for the tip! Had to actually google it and it looked doable with how I do art. I actually do everything from sketch to lineart traditionally, then scan it and color it digitally with a mouse so I usually end up cutting corners a lot. It usually consists of doing the bare minimum lights and shadows because ugh.

mamutas

Super Moderator
Steam Username
mamutas
Cyanide Username
mamutas
Country Flag
@mamutas Thanks! I appreciate the question but I must admit that doing designs - other than characters - isn't my strong suite so unfortunately I must decline. I mean, I always struggle coming up tattoo designs for my characters anyway so...
Oh, I can design it for you. I just won't be able to draw it nicely and detailed on computer. I am best on crude pencil drawings, which are a bit not to the standard here.
So, how about that?

LordLauri

Rookie
Country Flag
Painting minis is art, right?

DnKvcSUWsAEnlXr.jpg

DnKvcW0WwAEL88w.jpg

DnKvePXXcAE3cpf.jpg

Obviously still work in progress so they look a bit crude right now. I'm currently layering the skins so I can focus on other details next.

I also have a troll and four goblins so I'll have options later on but for now I'm focusing on getting these guys painted so I can get to playing.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
Exactly why I'm slightly tempted to get myself a small force of Ironjawz. But then I remember I have 1000+ points of unfinished Nurgle models for AoS.
But then again.........

Allow yourself to buy an unit after painting two.

That way you keep up. :D

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
Redesigned my channel, and now got all banner tablet arts done.

2nd-ed-chat-banner.png
2nd-ed-about-banner.png

2nd-ed-sub-banner.png
2nd-ed-follow-banner.png

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
Working on something fun, where I do quick photoediting. Jack Daniels II from Moon Shiners, coached by @Ravers

Sieppaa.JPG
jackdaniels-snap-Edit-final.png