Undead Skeletons vs Zombies. The eternal chioce...

BagOBones

Rookie
Hey Coach,

Now that GW has officially released their BB Competition Rules (aka LRB6 minus extra teams), is there a change on stance regarding taking zombies over skellies?

From my calcs, and making the following assumptions:
* neither attacker nor defender has any skills (eg block/dodge etc)
* 2 dice block
* attacker choice
* attacker is not hell bent on putting your guy on his butt (ie, will take a "push" over a "both down" result).
I get a 63.9% chance of the defender landing on his butt (20/36 + 3/36).

(Apologies for the formatting, but I don't seem to be able to get multiple <space> characters to work....)

The differences between AV8 & AV7 + TS
_AV8___AV7+TS___Result
72.2%___58.3%___Down
16.2%___30.1%___Stunned
_6.9%____4.6%___Knock Out
_4.6%____6.9%___Casualty

If we include the chance of the knock down originally, these numbers become:
_AV8___AV7+TS___Result
36.1%___36.1%___Standing
46.2%___37.3%___Down
10.4%___19.2%___Stunned
_4.4%____3.0%___Knock Out
_3.0%____4.4%___Casualty

Knock Out & Casualty results would be subject to Regen, but the player is still off for at least the rest of that drive. So chance off the field is identical (7.4%).

The only substantial difference I can see is the increase chance of a skellie being Stunned (up 8.8% from the Zombie).

Do you think the skellies MA5 offsets the increased chance of being stunned adequately to have them included in an undead roster?

RedDevilCG

Veteran
I'm a little bit confused by what "down" means in your tables. My first instinct would be a successful block, in which case it should be the same odds between the two as that has nothing to do with armour.....

Last edited:

jamesprobert

Veteran
I think it's the probability that after the block has been resolved (inc armour etc) the player is prone as opposed to any other state (stunned, off the field etc)

RedDevilCG

Veteran
Alright, that seams to add up. :)

It's a little surprising to see that the chance of being stunned is almost double for the Skeles.

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
Do you think the skellies MA5 offsets the increased chance of being stunned adequately to have them included in an undead roster?

No

MV4 of a Zombie is easily worked with and having higher armour in the first place is still more useful.

Only probable exception would be against teams with lots of Claw+MB.

BagOBones

Rookie
I think it's the probability that after the block has been resolved (inc armour etc) the player is prone as opposed to any other state (stunned, off the field etc)

That was the intent of the figures. Sorry for not being clear.

Coach. Thanks. Makes sense I guess. The number of times you'd use a zombie/skellie to block is much greater than the number of times you'd use them to move 5+ squares. After all, if they are face down, they're not moving any squares!

Lenip

Rookie
Country Flag
Knock Out & Casualty results would be subject to Regen, but the player is still off for at least the rest of that drive. So chance off the field is identical (7.4%).

Is knockout subject to Regen? I've not played it that way!