Averland Avengers, Assemble! [S15 Fluff]

Street

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Street
Country Flag
Well @Dionysian are you going to continue not losing as well this week? Would be interesting if we got to MD7 both on 6 wins ready for our face off! Though I doubt I will achieve that, I am going to try.

Dionysian

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Well @Dionysian are you going to continue not losing as well this week? Would be interesting if we got to MD7 both on 6 wins ready for our face off! Though I doubt I will achieve that, I am going to try.

I drew with the necro and came up 1 spp short of getting tackle before the vamp game next week so may slip another 2 pts behind then. As long as I'm within 8 pts of you by time we play I should be okay tho as your 11 man loner squad may struggle in MDs 8 and 9 ;)

Supa

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Supa
Cyanide Username
Supajee
Country Flag
Small announcement for you fellow coaches.

No Stadium enhancements. Blood Bowl is not a balanced game however Developed Elves with a free Wizard half the time is pushing it too far.

As written on Big Crunch 2 Rules thread. I checked and nobody had any enhancements in Averland, so you guys are all clean. Just wanted to remind you all that Stadium enhancements are not allowed in Big Crunch 2. Just because couple of coaches have been using them for a short period this season, doesn't mean that they're still allowed.

Also a reminder (none of you are guilty of this either), remember that conceding mid-game in Big Crunch 2 is not allowed. Only exception is if you can only field two or less players on LOS when setting up for a kick-off, then you're free to do so.

Admins are investigating their own divisions and solving any problems that have potentially occurred in games.

Right, now have a wonderful day/evening/night everyone. Keep them touchdowns coming and blood flowing.

FemurMuertez

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
FemurMuertez
Cyanide Username
FemurMuertez
Country Flag
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all gentlemen for a great season! It was a blast!:D

Now I will bow and take a step back for one season, but I hope to see you all when I return (seeing is enough, no need to play against any of you ever again:p)
And thank you for your service, our notorious admin @Supa. :D
You single-handledly jinxed almost every team this season. But other than that you did a great job.:)

Street

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Street
Country Flag
And thank you for your service, our notorious admin @Supa. :D
You single-handledly jinxed almost every team this season. But other than that you did a great job.:)

Am I why it was "almost" every team since I did finish second in the end?

Thanks everyone for the fun season and murdering all my ghouls. Looking forward to playing in T2 for first time in ages. Best of luck to you all!

Supa

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Supa
Cyanide Username
Supajee
Country Flag
Cheers. After Averland officially goes off-season I'll recap the season with a longer post. Stay tuned! :pow:

Supa

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Supa
Cyanide Username
Supajee
Country Flag
END OF SEASON ANNOUNCEMENT:

That's it gentlemen, for Season 15. Congratulations to @Geryon for winning Averland. Also congratulations to @Street, @feufollet and @TravelScrabble for ensuring promotion to tier 2!

e3893cf12c15b792ef89978479d7c17f.png

• 1st place - CCL Elves coached by @Geryon, 22 points.
  • 2nd place - Bountiful Harvest coached by @Street, 19 points.
  • 3rd place - les nécros à crocs !!!! coached by @feufollet, 18 points.
  • 4th place - Withnail and Sons coached by @TravelScrabble, 16 points.
  • 5th place - Kingdom of Nurvana, coached by @Dionysian, 14 points.
  • 6th place - Ice Cold Dr Pepper Here, coached by @zectorman, 11 points.
  • 7th place - The Snapping Tendons, coached by @FemurMuertez, 10 points (TDD -1).
  • 8th place - Mordheim Bodysnatchers, coached by @Cr3pusculum, 10 points (TDD -5).
  • 9th place - Chromatic Meridian, coached by @Sataric, 8 points.
  • 10th place - Tattling Blabbermouths, coached by @Nooobody, 0 points :(.
Also I've recapped my thoughts and predictions for future with your teams on the following spoilers.

Predicted 10th, finished 1st. What a fail by the predictor (I wonder who... :rolleyes:). Perhaps if I had known that this man is admin of CCL? At least an elf team won. ;) Anyways, Geryon took the absolute best out of the remnants of his team and fought to 1st place with an impressive record. Wizard is strong and loner elves are strong, which Geryon utilized fantastically. Just remember, I never truly counted these elves out of competition. ;)
Future: The team still has same problems as this season, kind of. It didn't matter here, but t2 is going to be more rough experience. General game plan is going to be same and if the elves develop, great. However they're going to face even more guard, mighty blow, piling on and guard than ever before. Are wizard and loner elves going to cut it anymore? That remains to be seen. Still, if next season ends up being a failure, it most likely won't be because of the coach. I predict a harsh experience, but nobody should underestimate Geryon. See you in Nordland!
Predicted 2nd, finished 2nd. This wasn't surprising. Street is a great coach and Undead are one of the strongest teams out there before TV starts to rise. They had a good shot in winning it all. Fierce competition, but these fellas prevailed and ended up with a good rank. Division was stacked of great teams, great coaches, but this didn't concern Street and his quite fresh Undead. :)
Future: This however is slightly concerning, having somewhat same problems as my Undead will. These guys are going to be ending up in Reikland, which is going to be infested with claw. Mummies who are the backbone of Undead teams, are going to wither down easily. At least Street has above average mummies. However his ghouls took plenty of damage this season and it's crucial to try to skill them fast, they're going to be even more vulnerable without any skills. I'm also unsure how they're going to cope without piling on. Or those fend zombies... ;) Apart from the last two personal complaints, it could be a rough experience. Undead start to fall off at this TV, but they're still pretty neat. Hard to predict, but I'm going to jinx it and say that top3 is looking really unlikely at least.
Predicted 8th, finished 3rd. Another great coach I didn't know of (has pretty impressive CCL record), feufollet took the best out of his Necromantic. The team looked like a good team but I was afraid the division is going to be too stacked for them. Feufollet proved me wrong and played an impressive season. Unfortunately for them they did take a little bit of a setback this season, losing a Flesh Golem as well as having an AG bust to a wolf (granted it's going to be a killer, but it still stings a little). Good job for proving me wrong!
Future: Necromantic don't generally fall off at higher TV, to me it seems like they're always solid. Some core skills are intact, but the team could still develop a little bit more. It's going to be hard, looking how violent Reikland is currently. If these guys somehow survive however, I think this might be a team and coach to watch in the future. That remains to be seen. Mighty blow werewolf helps a lot in keeping up with attrition, they have a ghoul carrier and one of the golems is block/guard. Wights are looking good too. 2RR is something I'm scared off, but it shouldn't be a too huge issue for this team, as they have the necessary skills to spare those.
Predicted 5th, finished 4th. Maybe not so foolish prediction, eh? If last game would've been played my my prediction would've been accurate. Anyways, travelscrabble coached his vampires well. Not surprising, as he's another experienced coach in this division. The bloodlust really did hit this team at times. Hard. The team's really strong though, especially since they played with 6 vampires this season.
Future: Bloodlust, bloodlust, bloodlust. It is going to be an issue in the future too. It's probably the only thing that they should be worried about, but damn is it rough. I'm not the most experienced vampire coach out there, so I'm not sure is Sidestep or Pro the better choice after Block and Dodge generally. Still, the team has AG5 vampire for those 2+ hypnotic gazes as well as one of the best markers in whole Big Crunch 2: Marwood. Blodge, Stand Firm, Diving Tackle, ST4 AG4? Players like that win games. That's just insane. And all on normal rolls! The carrier is also great with MA7, vampires can be surprisingly immobile at times. That said, I don't think this team can reach altdwarf next season either. Even if two vampire teams already have made it. With jinxing that, congratulations for winning me next season in Nordland! :p
Predicted 3rd, finished 5th. Another good prediction by me, if I say so. Had the last game been a win for this Nurgle team, they would've promoted. Lack of tackle was really problematic for this team when they would've needed it the most. But otherwise they rolled quite smoothly all season. Unfortunately for this team they actually took plenty of setbacks development wise, losing a warrior and two killer pestigors in one season! Also, Princess Myrcella is probably the best Beast of Nurgle in Big Crunch 2 currently. I'm sure she was quite troubling for many coaches when she didn't go stupid.
Future: If Dionysian is able to play, he's of course welcome to continue (he did sign himself as 1 on decision thread). The team is looking somewhat weaker than at the beginning of the season though. Of course they generally do beat anything without Dodge. They seriously need to develop another killer for more agile teams. Aside from one warrior they're solid though. And they have a wonderful carrier. If Dionysian comes backs, they're a strong candidate for next season as well to promote!

Last edited:

Supa

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Supa
Cyanide Username
Supajee
Country Flag
Predicted 9th, finished 6th. Raised quite high thanks to the last game, would've ended up 9th on a loss! I also didn't know zectorman has been in Altdwarf before. Even so, this season was a rough start for them. These Norse boys got into a quite stacked division and it's hard even for an experienced coach to fight off against that. In the end they developed nicely and guaranteed a stay spot. I think 3-2-4 record isn't bad at all for Norse in this division. Just like predicted. In fact the team looks stronger than when the season started. However...
Future: ... zectorman has decided to reroll into pro elves next season. I can see why, some of the games probably felt unwinnable with this team. They weren't bad, but the race certainly doesn't feel good either at times. Just because next season would look promising doesn't mean that they could just blow up any moment. :p The team finished with good ulfs, 1 good berserker, two guard linemen to name a few. Quite important pieces, if the team wanted to continue.
Predicted 4th, finished 7th. No matter if the team looks promising, do not predict Femur that high. He's not going to make it. No you won't my friend. ;) Femur looked to finish 6th, not that far away from 4th place... except it would've required 6 more points at least. Still, Emil Frej's death didn't really slow this team down, although it was a huge loss. I know the man can play, he did have impressive moments this season. Maybe next time? ;)
Future: They're going to take a break and most likely return back in 3rd division with this team for Season 17. Their blitzers are looking better than ever. It is certainly up to the coach what he wants to do with this team, I think they have the potential to reach tier 2. Just like I did this season. Ah well. :skull::skull:
Predicted 6th, finished 8th. Close, close. I was afraid this team won't make it to top4 this season and unfortunately for them, I was correct on that part. This season was mostly developing the team, and if I remember right, cr3pusculum is somewhat new to Blood Bowl? Whatever the case, this was a high quality 3rd division with plenty of learning experiences for everyone. Due to above 2 coaches rerolling and taking a break, this team guaranteed its stay spot in Averland for next season, along Dionysian.
Future: It's looking bright. The wolves are amazing. Golems are close to 3rd skill. Erich the "Thief" despite being bloaty is quite important asset to this team. Lothar is a good killer and Randolf plays a good supporting role. Block+sure hands ghoul and 3 rerolls. Next season should be aimed to promote to t2 and develop the team nicely as it goes. However, some tough opposition will surely demote to t3 from Nordland and Reikland, so nothing is granted. And great coaches are promoting from t4 as well. Inducements from weaker teams could hurt, as well as niggled Lothar. Hard to predict without seeing the divisions, but keep an eye for these necros too.
Predicted 1st, finished 9th. Whoops! I'm sure Sataric is hugely disappointed how the season went. It seems like a fluke, as the team took some heavy damage. I was sure they could dodge their way easily to t2, but alas, that was not to be. Maybe the team wasn't build to stall for multiple turns and defend successfully afterwards. Maybe bad dice was involved. Maybe coaching just didn't work this time. Somethings things just don't go as intended.
Future: Sataric is rerolling for next season. The team looks slightly more damaged and didn't really develop that much more (except the thrower, he's awesome!). But this was probably a frustrating experience. A promising team if left behind, but who knows if they wouldn't work next season either?
Predicted 7th, finished 10th. Well, I did predict a re-buidling season. These girls can't catch a break though and they just keep suffering more. I figured that general tackle-lightiness alone would bring some points, but nothing seemed to work this season. As the season progressed it seemed that they went full re-build mode, doing the best to protect some players.
Future: They're continuing and most likely continue here in Averland. It's not looking good, to be brutally honest. Only 5 players remaining have additional skills, others are rookies. Poor Eve is still trying her best to damage opposing players with her dauntless and poor strength. However, Erika could be a game changer. ST4, AG4, Blodge is basically a vampire and potential game changer. They are also amazons, so they're somewhat strong out of the box as well, at least in third division. Looking forward how their story continues next season!

To end this long-ish post, I will say thank you to all of you. You were a good bunch of group that didn't make things too difficult for a first-time admin here. I enjoyed watching your games (I lurked at every single game for some turns at least!). Getting to know the community more here on forums and discord was a blast. Hopefully you had a good time here this season.

Many of you will end up in different divisions next season apparently. Maybe I'll get to admin some of you again next season, who knows. Whatever happens, keep on rockin' and good luck everyone for following seasons to come. :cool:

Street

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Street
Country Flag
I'm also unsure how they're going to cope without piling on. Or those fend zombies... ;)

Personally I don't think Undead need a pile on wight and would rather keep them standing and supporting the each other / the rest of the team. Fend zombies are an expirement that has proven useful on a number of times.

Thanks for being our admin, not sure if I will be meeting your team next season or not but best of luck!

Supa

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Supa
Cyanide Username
Supajee
Country Flag
Personally I don't think Undead need a pile on wight and would rather keep them standing and supporting the each other / the rest of the team. Fend zombies are an expirement that has proven useful on a number of times.

Thanks for being our admin, not sure if I will be meeting your team next season or not but best of luck!

We won't meet next season by the looks of it. Just because I'm pessimistic of your experiment doesn't mean it couldn't be successful. :) Our rivalry continues next season!

zectorman

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
veratech_01
Cyanide Username
zectorman
Country Flag
Thanks Supa for all the help! Was a trying season but a fun one regardless.

Cr3pusculum

Super Star Player
Steam Username
Cr3pusculum
Cyanide Username
Cr3pusculum
Country Flag
Thx for this season @Supa tbh kinda disappointed with myself this season in some ways, but I do hope next season brings some decent TV teams since I really hurt facing to much inducements. No use moping, it just to tighten the belt and whip those wolfs a little more next season. ;)