Dwarf 5th skill of the Dwarf Runner

pupkinus

Veteran
Country Flag
Dear all, i need help in deciding which skill to give to the runner of my Dwarf team:

Runner
Name: Brother No
Skills:
Block
Dodge
+1Str
Tackle

question: which should be the 5th one (skill roll was normal)?

I am torn between:
Fend - to avoid being "frenzied" and to make marking him more difficult.
Kick-off Return - to make sure that he gets to the ball before the gutter runners or similar critters.

The environment: My division is biased towards bashy teams. Nurgle, orcs, chaos and stuff like that. there are some agility teams but i fear them less, due to the amount on MB i have on the team.

The team: Fairly developed Dwarf team, around TV1850. 9 players have guard, 9 players have MB, fairly standard stuff.

thanks for help everyone.

Mico Selva

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
That's one awesome Runner You have there.
I'd choose Fend for him. It will increase his survivability, which is great, as You really don't want to lose such a good piece. :powdodge:

Lebe666

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Do you use him as a ball hunter sometimes ? Strip ball might be good for that.

He has acess passing skills... what else can he chose ?

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
I would go with Kick off return, that is a brilliant skill for a slow ballhandler. If he is your ballhandler you should not need fend as he should not be blitzed:powdodge:

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
Both Fend and KoR are good choices. The fact that he has Str 4 and Blodge means he already has a lot of protection, especially if you always have one or two Guard pieces next to him. Given that, I'd probably take KoR, although it depends on whether or not you have another runner and which one is your main ball carrier if you do have another one.

beefburger

Veteran
Country Flag
Yo Pups - dont think you can hide here!

He's going to be playing me this season right?

I'd suggest hes probably TV bloat and that you should sack him;)

SorroW

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
As a dwarf I would say that you can't go wrong with KO Return.

Awesome looking runner btw. Can we have a whole team roster?!

/SorroW, who wants to be able to play with Dwarfs, but always ends up with elfs or skaven...

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Kickoff return or Frenzy.

pupkinus

Veteran
Country Flag
Full roster

guys, thanks for advice!

I use him as my main ballcarrier on offense (although I have another runner: Block, Tackle, Strip Ball) and as safety on defense (along with the second runner).

I usually don't allow hits on him but my division is full of MB+Claw+PO+Horns+Frenzy+tackle abominations... although there is no point in protection if he does not make it to the ball on time :( i am torn.

Beefy, glad to see you here :))) no dis here, i meant a dodgy team can outscore me but is highly unlikely to really hurt me.

Sorrow, here is the whole roster:

Runner: dodge, +1str, block, tackle
Runner: block, tackle, strip ball
blitzer: guard, dodge, MB
blitzer: guard, dodge
TS: guard, MB
TS: guard, SF
blocker: guard, MB, PO, dodge
blocker: guard, MB
blocker: guard, +1Ag, MB
blocker: guard, MB
blocker: guard, dauntless, MB, +1MV

late edit: maybe take Pro?

Last edited:

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Nah. Pro is only useful if you are going to roll lots of dice where failure does not turn over (Nega-skills), or if the player has loner or possily late after leap. (Using team RR on leap, then still having pro for the actual blitz)

Pro can be a good skill on legendary for someone who already "has it all".

KOR is good because it does let you snag the ball and have a proto-cage built up almost anywhere, as long as he has some company.

Frenzy is good because he's a little terror - str 4 means two-dicing normal opponents.