BC2 Nordland MD6

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
@Trunkhead @martybhoy - one more proposal, we'd be willing in this case to allow a recreated replay. In this case you would both play a custom game using custom teams that mirror the actual teams at the time of the DC (e.g. with any injured players left off the team sheet and rrs/apo equal to the resources you had remaining.) You would then recreate the game state by giving the ball to the right player, putting any players who were off the pitch in the endzone and positioning (these must be moved ONLY if the opponent requests it). From there play a number of turns equal to the turns remaining in the game and then stop. Report the results to me - TDs, any spp any injuries and I will admin the league game to reflect the combination of the two matches.

Let me know if you think this option is acceptable and whether you can find a time for it. If you have any more questions I'm happy to field those too.

Trunkhead

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Skepticalz
Cyanide Username
Trunkhead
Country Flag
Rule 10.b specifically says players aren't allowed to recreate the original game.

It's cool, if he doesn't want to replay, it can stand or be an admin, I don't care. I've never left mid game in my entire career but it was a legitimate emergency.

martybhoy

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
disappointing but I understand

If I had to bail on a game in the 12th turn I wouldn’t even bring up the possibility of a replay, regardless of circumstance, so I am also a little disappointed.

@tys123
If this happened in the first few turns or maybe even in the first half I would have been fine with a replay. But turn 12? Way too much water had passed under that bridge and, given the state of play, only one player could possibly benefit from a replay.

Again I ask... if I were to agree to a replay, @Trunkhead gets his whole team back and fresh I still have to start 2 players down, my team gets trashed, Is that fair?

martybhoy

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Also, to be clear. My own opinion is that an admined 0-0 with only one mvp awarded to each side and all SPP earned during the match by both sides to stand would be the fair solution to this unfortunate situation.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
If I had to bail on a game in the 12th turn I wouldn’t even bring up the possibility of a replay, regardless of circumstance, so I am also a little disappointed.

@tys123
If this happened in the first few turns or maybe even in the first half I would have been fine with a replay. But turn 12? Way too much water had passed under that bridge and, given the state of play, only one player could possibly benefit from a replay.

Again I ask... if I were to agree to a replay, @Trunkhead gets his whole team back and fresh I still have to start 2 players down, my team gets trashed, Is that fair?

I wasn't suggesting a replay. I was suggesting editing the result to match the most likely outcome.
Put a TD on the player carrying the ball rather than 2 random TD's potentially on players who have never held a ball in their life assuming the likely outcome was 1-0 to you.
Change it to 1 MVP per side and normal cash.
I haven't watched the replay but at 0-0 on turn 12 and 2 bash teams I assume one of you would try and camp by the endzone before scoring on turn 16. The only question is how likely was a 1-0 as opposed to remaining at 0-0.

By editing the existing result rather than resetting and adminning any injuries remain.

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
@Trunkhead you are right about the rule, but its partly a leftover from the days when admin tools were more limited, its a rule we have talked about many times, and the admin team would be wiling to try out a replay like the one I suggested partly as a test to see if its a good option for this kind of situation. That said I can understand if you don'y want to be a guinea pig. The other option will be that I admin the game, I'm not inclined in this case to let the disconnect stand. @martybhoy thanks for your offers.

Trunkhead

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Skepticalz
Cyanide Username
Trunkhead
Country Flag
okay. I appreciate you're consideration. This late in the game, I don't think we could get the game played even if it that was a possibility, our overlap for availability is pretty narrow (which isn't uncommon for playing east coast coaches, that's why i've limited myself to UTC based leagues). I'll just take the admin 0-0 or the concede loss, whichever you decide. it's already more dramatic then it needs to be, I 100% understand martybhoys POV, I wouldn't want to risk my team for a 2nd time either were I him.

Thanks for understanding everyone