Battle for the throne in Ostland (S18 Fluff)

EvilSmoothie

Super Star Player
Steam Username
EvilSmoothie
Country Flag
So, by some weird coincidence, both of our dictators @Ilgoth (Helf) and @cjblackburn (Flings) happened to end up here in Ostland. Who will win the throne? Or will they both get murdered in the process by the bloodthirsty group of challengers that is
@Grey Seer Ebolis (Brets)
@Keraunograf (Ogre)
@Mr.Bruce-Wayne (Skaven)
@Filadeus (Chaos)
@Hauntmachine (UW)
@Havol (Necro)
@Werebat (Lizards)
@Deithwen (Khemri)

This is THE Fluff Thread for you guys. The Place for all the banter, stupid questions, useless wishes, possible problems, and all that sort of thing that you manage to come up with.
Just murder Ilgoth and CJ and your admin is happy.

Last edited:

EvilSmoothie

Super Star Player
Steam Username
EvilSmoothie
Country Flag
The IMPORTANT stuff.

Rules:
I'm sure all of you are familiar with them, as you have played atleast one season before this. But it is always good to read them again.
So here: https://bbtactics.com/forum/threads/big-crunch-2-rules.6120/

Matchday Threads:
Match days run from Wednesday to tuesday as you all know. I will try to create the threads in advance, by sunday evening if possible.
It is encouraged that you schedule your matches in the threads, that is the place admins will look at in case there is disputes.

Good luck and have fun everyone!

Last edited:

EvilSmoothie

Super Star Player
Steam Username
EvilSmoothie
Country Flag
Predictions:
1: Roll Like an Egyptian - Khemri 1790 TV - Deithwen
I'll place my faith on the fellow boney boys and Deithwen. The team is nasty, A ST7 Block TG, no one in the division has tools to deal with that :O coupled with a pomber and ST4 ballcarrier I think many people will have plenty of problems matching this team. Then again Deithwen could be rusty and the Khemri can face rain and never pick up to ball. Remains to be seen.

2: La Famiglia Filadore - Chaos 1460 TV - Filadeus
1 Season old chaos. I don't usually have faith in developing chaos, but Filadeus has 2 key players: The mino and the DP. Also the 8-1-0 record of last season might have something to do with this prediction.

3: Vermintide All-stars - Skaven 1750 TV - RytterT/Mr. Bruce Wayne
Solid Skaven team, I trust that the development of last season is enough to carry these guys to promotion. They are running a rat ogre too which I always approve of. Only problem is that the gutters are nothing special, all normal on all 4, need to get those in order to make the team really scary.

4: The Land Before Halftime - Lizardman 1480 TV - Werebat
The division does not have much claw to rip through the saurii. But on the other hand the Saurii are pretty lackluster for the moment. But reasonably impressive first season and the strength of Lizards is enough to convince me that these guys will snatch the final promotion spot.

5: Headbangers Ball - Necromantic 1490 TV - Havol
A developing Necro with a pretty unknown coach to me, so could be risky to put this team this high up. BUT! They have already gotten a MB on the wolf, and if the first season and all the rumours going around are anything to believe, Havol knows what he is doing. But still only 5th :p

6: Shortman F.O.O.D Heroes - Halfling 820 TV - cjblackburn
They halflings!
But it's cj!
But they have no statups and only 1 double!
But it's cj!
But, but, but... ok I'll predict him 6th and not last.

7: Order of the Happy Few - Bretonnian 1240 TV - Grey Seer Ebolis
The TV is low due to 2 key players being MNG. But even then the team looks rough. The perms are starting to stack up, and with the aforementioned 2 key players having niggles too. All of this might end badly. But then again if the niggles don't cause a implosion, there is also couple of nice statups that can win games.

8: Avengers The - Underworld 1470 TV - Dean Dingus/Hauntmachine
This UW team is not quite there yet. It does not have enough killing power or anything else to really win games with, although the +AG gobbo is promising. So one more development season it is.

9: Petal To Teh Metal - Ogre 1880 TV - Manticoran/Keraunograf ¨
Ogres, what can you say. The team might be scary, but when half of them are standing on the side going bonehead it is suddenly lot less scary. Also giving up a ton of inducements to most of your opponents is usually bad.
Go and prove me wrong you magnificent Big guys :p

10: Cothique Caretakers - High Elf 1930 TV - Ilgoth
The TV leaders of the division are elfs!? Guys fix this fast!
Ilgoth is back. With the fastest helfs ever. But how rusty is he? Atleast his ticket accepting skills are really rusty :p

Last edited:

Keraunograf

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Keraunograf
Cyanide Username
Manticoran
Country Flag
Well, isn't this a bashy division. I say, as the Ogres.

Deithwen

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Deithwen
Cyanide Username
Deithwen
Country Flag
I haven't played any Blood Bowl since June, hope you guys will be able to murder my team so I finally give up on this game forever. Good luck!

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
A ST7 Block TG, no one in the division has tools to deal with that.

Yes no one in this division has access to any star players that look like that.

Don’t mind me I’m just here to make up the numbers.

Keraunograf

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Keraunograf
Cyanide Username
Manticoran
Country Flag
Deeproot will never catch an MA4 player, surely.

Can vouch for Deeproot not really catching players much, but Morg n' Thorg definitely did. I'm not used to fighting 4 players with higher strength than my Ogres, and it showed that game I think!

Could have pulled a win if it wasn't for a failed GFI, but it's likely that a tie was the reasonable response given my plays, leaning towards a loss.

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
I am here to bring beauty to the division. We high elves know how to do make up.

Werebat

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Werebat
Country Flag
I think Littlefoot and his friends may have exceeded expectations this season... I'm jinxing myself now of course but with nothing but wins and two of the final three games being against Underworld and Halfling sides (despite the 'flings being coached by CJ), I'm thinking this may be the best season I have ever played with any team. Who knew I was good at coaching lizardmen?

I mean we all know they'll inevitably be cut to ribbons by some ClawPOMB team in the higher divisions, but for now...

EvilSmoothie

Super Star Player
Steam Username
EvilSmoothie
Country Flag
As the end of the season is upon us I need all of you to make a decision about your teams future and tell about it in the decision thread here: https://bbtactics.com/forum/threads/decisions-for-season-19.14426/
Thank you for doing it and I hope you had a good time this season! hope to see you in the future and have good games. Merry Christmas for you all :)

Thanks to everyone for the season, we had a little bit of trouble in the middle but we survived it. Hopefully everyone is content with the admin decisions I had to make. Thanks for the season everyone!

Ilgoth

Courier Staff
Steam Username
Ilgoth
Cyanide Username
Ilgoth
Country Flag
Thank you all. Good luck with seasons to come. My own season went lot better than I imagined, although some of those draws could have been wins. I feel extremely rusty when playing this odd ball of a game.