Khemri Khemri Tactics Discussion

Murkglow

Super Star Player
So I realized there is no thread for Khemri discussion and well I can't have that, I enjoy playing them too much (what little I have played with them of course). So with that said, lets talk about them a bit. What are your favorite starting rosters? Player Skills? Formations/Tactics?

Here are a few Starting Rosters that I've been kicking around:
-------------------------------------------------
4x Tomb Guardians
1x Thro-Ra
6x Skeletons
4x Rerolls
4x Tomb Guardians
2x Blitz-Ras
5x Skeletons
3x Rerolls
4x Tomb Guardians
1x Blitz-Ra
2x Thro-Ras
4x Skeletons
3x Rerolls

Some possible skill picks:
Skeletons:
Normal Rolls: Kick, Block/Wrestle, Fend
Double Rolls: Guard
Stat Ups: +Mv/+Agi/+Str
Thro-Ras:
Normal Rolls: Kick, Block/Wrestle, Fend, Tackle
Double Rolls: Dodge, Sidestep, Guard
Blitz-Ras:
Normal Rolls: Guard, Mighty Blow, Stand Firm, Tackle
Double Rolls: Dodge
Tomb Guardians:
Normal Rolls: Mighty Blow, Stand Firm, Break Tackle, Guard
Double Rolls: Block
Stat Ups: +Mv/+Str

Anyway, thoughts? I've yet to actually be able to play Khemri vs an opponent (just playing by myself :() so I don't have any real experience with the team.

Last edited:

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
I would think having both Thro-ras to start with would be helpful for having a Sure Hands player where you need one. Starting with all four Guardians seems pretty sensible as they will skill up slowly. Having Block players at the start is helpful though you have to leave something out and I wouldn't want to play this team with less than 3 rerolls.

Skills seem pretty reasonable, not sure you meant to put Kick on a Thro-ra and I might mix up the skill order for different Guardians. I think Guard and Break Tackle are more useful than Stand Firm. Mighty Blow probably makes sense first though to help get SPP quicker.

Murkglow

Super Star Player
The reason I listed Kick on a Thro-Ra was in case you wanted to have a LOS of Skellys, if you only had 3 (or eventually less) you'd not be able to give one kick. Obviously if you do have a skelly off the LOS he would be a much better choice. Oh, and as always the skills are not necessarily in the order they need to be in.

As for the builds, does that mean you like the 3rd build most?

*Edit: I just did the math real quick and it seems the 3rd build is also the most cost effective in terms of how much money it would take to get all of your poistionals and four rerolls.

Last edited:

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
I think that is probably the best one to go for, seems the most well rounded.

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
You are only aloved two Blitz-Ras and I would personaly start with both just to get some skills on the team along with the Thro-ras. I would start with:

4 x Tomb Guardians
2 x Blitz-Ras
1 x Thro-Ras
5 x Skeletons
2 x Rerolls

I take the ekstra skeleton, instead of saving the money for RR, because skeletons realy are the most fragile little guys and thus I want a reserve.

Murkglow

Super Star Player
Huh, the version of the book I have says you can have 4, I wonder why that is...

As for having a replacement skelly, I'm not worried about it on a starting team, they are tougher then many race's standard linemen (AV7 is fairly standard as is 3 str and they get regen and thick skull).

Last edited:

Murkglow

Super Star Player
I purposely don't use GW's version. Don't worry about it, it's not really that important to the discussion. I've got no trouble finding another version if needed.

Last edited:

RedDevilCG

Veteran
I like the 3rd option best as well. First purchase is the second Blitz-ra, then add skele's and rerolls to taste.

I would recommend building the Throw-ras as defensive blitzers with block, and strip-ball/tackle. They share the highest move rate of 6 on the team with Blitz-ras, are fairly useless passers, and will be trying to get the ball anyways once it's stripped so why not be the stripper? (that sounds bad)

This allows your Blitz-Ras to be built as the teams killers with MB, PO, Guard, then Tackle.

TGs are all MB first, then I recommend Guard and one or two with break tackle (but all get guard eventually). Standfirm goes great once you get guard.

Skeles are a kicker first, some block + fend/tackle, and a couple DPers.

Murkglow

Super Star Player
Don't forget Wrestle as an option for your Skellies and Thro-Ras. Block cancels out other blocks but nothing cancels out Wrestle (well ok Juggernaut does but that's only an offensive skill). Then again Wrestle isn't a great skill for your ball carrier and Thro-Ras are kinda the default carriers so Block is a safe choice too. For Skellies though...

As for Strip Ball, I've never really been a fan personally. It's too narrow a skill for me to pick early (unlike Block/Wrestle/Tackle/Fend, which are useful in alot of situations) and it's something that's very easy to make useless (as Sure Hands is a decently common skill among ball handlers) especially if you get it late game when those who don't start with Sure hands have probably already picked it up. Add to that that Thro-Ras are not that great as ball strippers, unlike say Elf players (especially Wardancers) and I just don't know if it's a skill I want to list for them.

Also regarding this "Skeles are a kicker first, some block + fend/tackle, and a couple DPers." How many are you planning on having on the field at one time? With all your positionals you're only going to have 3 and I kinda like having at least a few on the LOS so your Tomb Guardians are not tied up right away (and obviously your Thro-Ras and Blitz-Ras have better things to do). What's your suggested line up? Here are a few I've used:

[PLAY-CREATOR]6639[/PLAY-CREATOR]

[PLAY-CREATOR]6641[/PLAY-CREATOR]

[PLAY-CREATOR]6642[/PLAY-CREATOR]

Last edited:

Murkglow

Super Star Player
Sorry for the double post but I had another thought and no one had replied so...

Why is Khemri sometimes considered a "challenging" team (grouped with the likes of Ogres, Halflings, Goblins, Vampires, ect...)? It doesn't seem to have all that many glaring issues: 1) No passing, but hey plenty of teams are like that, 2) No dodging, again no too uncommon, 3) No one faster then MV6, a pain but not a game breaking one, 4) AV7 for a about half of the team, not fun but not uncommon.

I suppose most teams don't have all of those problems at once but then Khemri has advantages too like 1) 4 St5 guys who don't suffer from loner or a negative trait (well other then Decay but I ment like Bone Head), 2) Everyone has Regen, which pretty nice, 3) decently cheap players, none of which are all that expensive compared to similar players on other teams.

So, thoughts? Are Khemri an "challenging" team to use?

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
Perhaps early on when lacking skills, especially if you fail to pick the ball up. I've not really had too much exposure to the current roster.

I would think setting up your blocking to free team mates up to move is the biggest thing you would have to get to grips with.

Smiler6310

Veteran
Country Flag
I think Khermi can be very difficult but also very rewarding to play. However for me their difficulties include:

-Fragile Av7 Linemen on what is supposed to be a bashy team, often leaving you short on players.

-Very slow players; Not ideal if your behind early and want to go for the win.

-Ag2; Making ball pickup somewhat of a risky business but also means its hard to dodge away and your players can get tied up easily

-4 Mummies with decay; Why? Why? Why would they do this? The mummies where/are the best players for the Khemri team but they are very expensive. Now they have take 2 lots of rolls on the injury table - just wrong IMO.

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
Well they are ST5, they do have AV9, there are four of them and Regeneration ignores both results anyway.

coachman

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
bjj hero
Country Flag
I just don't think I can play a team who has no one above agi 2. just picking up the ball is a nightmare. Yes 4 big guys is nice but you pay a huge price.

I think I'd prefer undead. Only 2 big guys but with a selection of agi 3 players.

Murkglow

Super Star Player
Sure Hands are good enough to make Agi2 not a problem with Thro-Ras (at least it's better then just Agi3) and if for some reason your thro-Ras can't get the ball, well that's part of what team rerolls are for. Still yes, Ball Handeling is their main weakness.