Luminous Lustria [S19 Fluff]

Supa

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Supa
Cyanide Username
Supajee
Country Flag
The following luminous coaches have been summoned to compete in Lustria division this season!

@Street
@Giantcodfish
@TheGuardDog
@TomSchnizz
@Ernedar
@Moreplovac
@Cereal Killar
@Larkstar
@Hauntmachine
@martybhoy

Lots of familiar faces, and if I am correct everyone has played in Big Crunch before. The rules are here though, just in case. https://bbtactics.com/forum/threads/big-crunch-2-rules.6120/

I'll be your admin this season, watching your teams take their first steps in this ruthless league and fail miserably... or perhaps become something memorable. Few things I like to emphasize on:

• The level of play in Big Crunch 2 is high, not to forget that the name of the game is Blood Bowl. While emotions are flowing wildly, you are expected to finish your season no matter how harsh it is (unless something pops up in life, but that's a complete different story). Also anything that is written in the rules, is allowed, or is not forbidden (so fouling is allowed, stalling isn't forbidden, for an example).
  • Stick to the timetable, or at the very least inform me and your opponent that next match is going to be difficult to schedule. Do not just disappear or leave your future opponent hanging until the last minutes when we are just about to roll to the next match week. Read the forums regularly!
  • Don't be an a-hole. While banter is great in this game, know when it is going to too far. We're a friendly community and want to continue it that way. While games are tough and difficult, most importantly we're still here to have fun and have a good laugh... or, that's what we think we are doing before starting the game... :skull::skull::skull:
Use this fluff thread with your own leisure during the season. Say hello to your rivals, brag how awesome you are, maybe come up with a fluffy story. Anything works really.

First off: I've sent the tickets to the two old teams. The rest of you need to tell your team name here, or Sign up for new teams in season 19 thread. Then we can actually get started... and I can do the always mandatory predictions for this season. ;) As usual, I'll create the match day threads for each round.

Let's kick-off 2020 with some badass Blood Bowl, which includes (but is not limited to) salty tears, disappointment and failure. Hope you'll enjoy your stay, gentlemen. Season is scheduled to start on 8th of January.

Last edited:

Supa

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Supa
Cyanide Username
Supajee
Country Flag
Teams Breakdown
Basing Program (Dwarf), coached by @Street: Deathroller dorks! In terms of results, last season was a fluke. Unfortunately for the rest of you these stunties can deliver the pain big time. They should be looking out for a promotion spot, but I wouldn't be too surprised if they cannot reach top4. They give out plenty of inducements, which isn't fun with dork immobility. They might shift their focus more towards punch (or foul, more likely), and less towards ball.

Crock of hit (Nurgle), coached by @Giantcodfish: Low tv Nurgle isn't good, so not surprising to see another experienced team in the division. They've developed well, yet they're not that violent on paper as of writing this. They're also going to give inducements to opponents and might struggle even more because of that. Watch out for the elf in disguise: two heads+extra arms pestigor can perform some unorthodox plays!

The Trilogy (Dark Elf), coached by @TheGuardDog: Dark elves are solid early on, although they can generally only afford two rerolls with them. I am also a fan of starting out with the witch elf, dropping to three blitzers. It can be risky, but frenzy brings so much if used well. TheGuardDog is a newer coach if I am correct, so looking forward how he fares against some of BBT's elite players. This'll be a great learning experience for you. :)

No Holds Barred (Chaos Dwarf), coached by @TomSchnizz: This looks like a solid division for chaos dwarves. Not too much strength in this division so dorks can do their own thing. Also there will be quite a bit of dodge, which is bad news for everyone else. Two rerolls is meh early on, but they have all their important positionals and apo, so it is also a safe start. Tom is a good coach and has been playing chorfs quite a bit, so I expect them to be a top-contender for this division.

Kin Heart Undertakers (Dark Elf), coached by @Ernedar: These dark elves have gone for the other popular starting squad consisting of 4 blitzers and a runner. It is quite safe, 4 block players is truly appreciated with only two rerolls. Runner's first skill choice is quite flexible and he can develop into a great support/utility player, early leader can save lots of gold and trouble for example. Ernedar's past BBT team was necro, so eventually dark elves will have somewhat similar tools, even though they are totally different team at the same time.

[BC2] Croatian All Stars (Elven Union), coached by @Moreplovac: Less surprisingly goblin project didn't last long, so now he's back with an AV7 team with some expectations, ready to be butchered by Street's dorks. The starting roster looks quite standard to me. I imagine they have good odds to manage well early on, then it really depends on their future skills and injuries. Coach has played lots of Blood Bowl, so this should be a neat package.

Green Bay Suckers (Vampire), coached by @Cereal Killar: More vampires. And just like before, I am quite hesitant to rank them high. ;) Cereal Killer had a fine season in altdwarf last season, so he's a capable coach. Starting with 5 vampires and only 3 rerolls has its own pros and cons, they probably get a faster start to long term. On the other hand it's really difficult to do much with so many incapable bloodlusters, so development might suffer (as well as winning games). Prove me wrong!

Dead Zeds Baby, Dead Zeds (Necromantic), coached by @Larkstar: Larkstar is back to playing a better team, looking out to improve necro BiR. Starting out with probably the best possible necro roster for longer leagues, having all the other positionals but ghouls, and only 2 rerolls. They might struggle early on (or even this season) but should get it going. Will also challenge for the title. If not, I am positive they develop well and look much stronger next season.

Elven Shogunate (Elven Union), coached by @Hauntmachine: 4 elf teams in one division, you guys are so weird. In a lovely way though. These elves have also opted for the rather standard pro elf starting roster. I figured Hauntmachine had enough of AV7, but I am sure he secretly enjoys the pain. It'll be even worse failing 2+ dodges. Regardless, he did show some promise with wood elves seasons ago, so he should do fine this season.

Sherbrooks Shamrock (Human), coached by @martybhoy: Such a radical change from one of the scariest chorf teams ever in BBT.. to humans! Standard starting roster for humans, they should have positive moments starting out. There are some nasty bash teams and elves might cause some trouble if matched against them early on. They will be always considered to be the underdogs, yet they are capable of playing well-rounded Blood Bowl.

After consulting with the... "spirits" in my kitchen, here are the ultimate, accurate predictions presented to you by Oracle Supa.

1. Dead Zeds Baby, Dead Zeds
2. No Holds Barred
3. Basing Program
4. [BC2] Croatian All Stars
5. Elven Shogunate
6. Crock of Hit
7. Kin Heart Undertakers
8. Sherbrooks Shamrock
9. Green Bay Suckers
10. The Trilogy

So many elves and not too bashy division. I had to honestly flip a coin on some of the predictions (pro elves for example). As is customary I believe I have jinxed at least one of the topdogs and something I've ranked low will rise and win this bloody thing. As usual, if you're not happy with the predictions, prove me wrong... lately it hasn't been so difficult to do. :D And remember, it's all fun and games, useless speculating!

Last edited:

Street

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Street
Country Flag
I look forward to the new season and hopefully crushing the hopes and dreams of Moreplovac and his new Pro elf team! :skull:

Guinness

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Please take good care of @Supa this season! He was an awesome admin last season, and the one thing you can count on is that if he's got predictions that you're coming in 1st... you're really going to have to work /ridiculously/ hard to make him look remotely correct. Hehehehehe

Have a great season in Lustria all!

Supa

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Supa
Cyanide Username
Supajee
Country Flag
Please take good care of @Supa this season! He was an awesome admin last season, and the one thing you can count on is that if he's got predictions that you're coming in 1st... you're really going to have to work /ridiculously/ hard to make him look remotely correct. Hehehehehe

Have a great season in Lustria all!

Might as well use RNG to determine my predictions this season. :p Thank you for your kind words matey!

Moreplovac

Star Player
Steam Username
Moreplovac
Country Flag
I look forward to the new season and hopefully crushing the hopes and dreams of Moreplovac and his new Pro elf team! :skull:

Well fuck you too Street. What are you playing this time?

Ernedar

Star Player
Steam Username
ernedar
Cyanide Username
Ernedar
Country Flag
Kin Heart Undertakers. I was thinking about going Amazons but I am not still satisfied with them so I will try Dark Elves and If I can handle them or not.

TheGuardDog

Veteran
Steam Username
TheGuardDog
Country Flag
I'm here to humbly request no one kill my players, I don't have very many more names lined up.

TomSchnizz

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Tom Schnizz
Cyanide Username
Le Bread masqué
Country Flag
Dirty chorfs time. Team name is No Holds Barred. Looking forward to play y'all.

The good news is that if you kill my team I will reroll into ogres.

(Can I roll 2-3 claws before playing @Street ?)

Supa

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Supa
Cyanide Username
Supajee
Country Flag
Everyone's accepted their tickets, great job. Unfortunately we have to wait for Ostland to start, just in case somebody drops out there (which would potentially push somebody up a tier). Once we get green light, we're ready to roll.