Apothecaries Delight : Nordland Season 21 Fluff Thread

James Rye

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
James Rye
Country Flag
Never seen so many matchups favorables to zons...

Eh, I've seen worse match ups like the two chorfs and two dorfs and then the other teams had lots of tackle+mb as well, that was really bad, I think only 4-5 Zons made it out alive with no perms.

Rocketdeath

Super Star Player
Steam Username
Rocketdeath
Cyanide Username
Rocketdeath
Country Flag
The following is a brief presentation on a newcomer team to BC2 tier 2 level play here in our beloved Nordland division. It is a team consisting of the mutated dwarfs from beyond the World's Edge Mountains, the Dawi-Zharr and their hobgoblin subservients. I was given this task by my boss, the editor of the Salzenmund Herald, and I initially went about it reluctantly. I had heard of the young Reiklander lady journalist, Prissy von Mackensen who first tried to document the team in its early days. She traveled to the lands of Indus and was never seen again, though her papers were subsequently found and through them we were able to get some of the early history of this team and how they came to be.

As seen here https://bbtactics.com/forum/threads/zharrmin-ultra-soft.14302/ Zharrmin Ultra Soft began their blood bowl careers 4 seasons ago in the exotic lands of the Indus, trained, organized, and coached by a stately enigmatic former Border Prince known only as "The Alderman." It was this man, "The Alderman" that Miss von Mackensen had initially interviewed and the story he told was wild indeed. Born in Sylvania, harsh life in that accursed province led him south into the Borderlands where he rose to power in a small princedom. For many years The Alderman ruled here presiding over local blood bowl matches as was always a fan. Nothing lasts forever in that violent land however. One day a raiding band of chaos dwarfs tore through the area killing and burning and pillaging. When they came across The Alderman's town, he had an inspiration and somehow was able to open a dialogue with these raiders, an impressive feat in itself.

The Alderman convinced the chaos dwarfs that he could help them get far more gold and glory by forming a blood bowl team then they ever would raiding and long story short they agreed. He proceeded to train them and traveled to the far off Indus to join an entry level BC2 league to begin their career. About halfway through this season, after a loss, Miss von Mackensen's documents end and we here nothing else about them. Rumors abound of what happened to her but there is no proof of foul play, and indeed no body at all. We do know from BC2 records that they went on to solid finish in that division and promoted to an Empire t3 division in the farmlands of Averland.

Zharrmin Ultra Soft spent 2 seasons in the Averland division. The Alderman was observed coaching them through that first season in Averland. After a not so stellar season however, he too was never seen again. Then last season, it appeared that the team's top bull centaur, Bushwacker had been leading the team. A strong finish, 2nd place only due to a tiebreaker led to them promoting here, to Nordland. While many are on edge about this team's presence here, they certainly should be fun to watch, albeit from a distance.

Yinkin

Star Player
Steam Username
Yinkin
Country Flag
The predictions for me seem reasonable. I feel a bit out of my depths here against teams with so many matches played! And first game ended up with a dead block/guard warrior. But we will see! I did not expect to be promoted last season either!

Although I would honestly prefer to get demoted this time and get some more time before tackling the high tiers! :D

SlyAnimal

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
PapaNasty
Country Flag
Looks like some solid predictions.

Haha mummies just need to survive so that they can carry me through to Altdorf too :)

(Sadly, last time I was in T2, I'd had 1x mummy retired in the last match of my T3 season, and then lost another one during T2, so that I was effectively rebuilding in Altdorf with no experienced mummies to carry me lol).

Rocketdeath

Super Star Player
Steam Username
Rocketdeath
Cyanide Username
Rocketdeath
Country Flag
I think I like being underestimated better, this is the first prediction I feel pressure to live up to.

SlyAnimal

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
PapaNasty
Country Flag
I think I like being underestimated better, this is the first prediction I feel pressure to live up to.

Yeah always feels better to finish the season thinking that you’ve exceeded all expectations than to be picked as a favourite and underperform.

it is a nice compliment to be picked as a favourite though, just a lot of pressure to live upto it when T2 is usually pretty competitive.

Yinkin

Star Player
Steam Username
Yinkin
Country Flag
I am impressed with how this season is going for me. So far I have taken more cas than the skaven...

James Rye

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
James Rye
Country Flag
I'M THIRD AS PREDICTED! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT~ ALTDWARF! HERE I COME!!!

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag
upload_2020-8-13_11-48-41.png

final table^. Grats to @gdaynick , @GreenBear and @James Rye who all promote to Altdwarf.