Blood Bowl 3 just announced

patbou73

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Page 37 and 69...
Each team starts with a value of 1 for Dedicated Fans (max value of 6).
Dedicated Fans can be increased by +1 per 10k spent at team creation.
Dedicated Fans may increase or decrease if you win or lose (roll d6, over or under current value).
Each team rolls a D3 + Dedicated Fans at the start of the game to determine Fan Factor.
Winnings are equal to the average Fan Factor of both teams x 10k, +10k per TD.

So... if 2 fresh teams play a game at the start of a season, each with 1 Dedicated Fans, average winnings should 30k + 10k per TD. This is actually not bad, because the winner of a 2-1 grind will get 50k for the apothecary.

The winnings are far less random, as the average of the two D3s + average Dedicated Fans + TD is used instead of 1d6 + FAME + 1 if you win.

Street

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Street
Country Flag
Ok. It doesn’t happen often, and I’ve never realized it worked that way. Is it like that in BB2? Or just TT?

Works like it in both, seen it happen in BB2

Edit, with regards to players leaving, that is basically the same as the current 51 spp rule for players leaving when you concede

patbou73

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Page 70...
Interception still worth 2 SPPs, but a Deflection that is not Intercepted is worth 1 SPP.
MVP is now 4 SPPs. Star Players, Mercenaries and DEAD players are excluded from the pool of potential MVPs (Journeymen still included, however).

patbou73

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Page 75...
Sneaky Git : additionally, the player can now continue to move after performing the Foul!!!
Also, they’re not Sent Off when rolling doubles on the Armor roll!!!

OMG, this skill has been soooooo buffed! :eek:

I can see Elves and Gutter Runners starting to foul more if they take this skill. Stunties will also get really better...

Jorgen_CAB

Veteran
Country Flag
Page 75...
Sneaky Git : additionally, the player can now continue to move after performing the Foul!!!
Also, they’re not Sent Off when rolling doubles on the Armor roll!!!

OMG, this skill has been soooooo buffed! :eek:

I can see Elves and Gutter Runners starting to foul more if they take this skill. Stunties will also get really better...

I have done some test games of the new rules and have a human Catcher with Sneaky Git and Dirty Player... he will be a hated and a target player. As he can just run up... foul and then run back to safety he is hard for the opponent to knock out. He foul almost every turn... ;)

You run up and blitz something and then run up the fouling catcher and then back behind your screen.

AllyRdr

Super Star Player
Country Flag
So, hadn't really thought about it until today, but with the player cost changes, I pity anyone new to the game who is attracted to the necro team box.
With full positionals, it's 940K for 11 players meaning you can't afford even a single reroll. With 2 blockless frenzy players and AG3 across the board, that's not going to end well for the newbies, so I'm interested to see the sort of tactics advice in the Spike when it's out.

Dropping 1 ghoul for another zombie to make the 11 takes you down to affording 1 reroll, but even still I wouldn't previously have recommended even a 2 reroll necro start for newer players.

Jorgen_CAB

Veteran
Country Flag
So, hadn't really thought about it until today, but with the player cost changes, I pity anyone new to the game who is attracted to the necro team box.
With full positionals, it's 940K for 11 players meaning you can't afford even a single reroll. With 2 blockless frenzy players and AG3 across the board, that's not going to end well for the newbies, so I'm interested to see the sort of tactics advice in the Spike when it's out.

Dropping 1 ghoul for another zombie to make the 11 takes you down to affording 1 reroll, but even still I wouldn't previously have recommended even a 2 reroll necro start for newer players.

I don't buy GW models anymore out of principle because of the way they package their models, even if some other really good companies are more expensive per model. As there are alternatives that give you full teams in one purchase why does it matter?!?

AllyRdr

Super Star Player
Country Flag
I have a necro team already, and as you said, there are other companies who make teams, but as we already play we know these things.
As I said though, new players to the game may be drawn in by the new box sets. These people don't know that. That's why I think it matters. New players come in and we want to keep them in because more players makes a healthy community. A bad experience before they know what they're doing with a team that's not really packaged up as a good starter roster could see them packing it in.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
Necro have never taken all the positionals from the start.
The 2 wights and 2 fleshies are needed but I currently only take 1 wolf.
New rules and it will be only 1 ghoul as well.

AllyRdr

Super Star Player
Country Flag
I know that. Not really my point though, as I'm talking about the team from a new player point of view. I don't know how many zombies the new box will come with, so maybe there will be enough but I though all the new teams were 12 players in each box? If that's the case then you only have 4 zombies which isn't enough to build for 1 wolf and 1 ghoul with 2 rerolls.

Unless it comes with more zombies, which I hope that it would, then I'm saying that new players coming into the game for the first time are probably not going to have a good experience with the team.

Jorgen_CAB

Veteran
Country Flag
I have a necro team already, and as you said, there are other companies who make teams, but as we already play we know these things.
As I said though, new players to the game may be drawn in by the new box sets. These people don't know that. That's why I think it matters. New players come in and we want to keep them in because more players makes a healthy community. A bad experience before they know what they're doing with a team that's not really packaged up as a good starter roster could see them packing it in.

To be honest I don't think this is any problem at all. The few people that have been living under a rock the past 20 years and don't know how to use the internet to inform themselves on a product they like or is interested in are probably relatively few in 2020. I know of pretty no person today under the age of 50 that don't use internet to inform themselves for almost everything they buy anymore... ;)

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
The New Necro box will combine well with the current Undead box, as it basically completes both teams. You get the two missing Ghouls for Undead and have 7 zombies between both boxes.

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
The 12 confirmed races are: Human, Orc, Dark Elf, Elven Union, Skaven, Dwarf, Nurgle, Chaos Chosen, Black Orcs, Imperial Nobility, Old World Alliance and the Chaos Renegades. Added to the original post too.

patbou73

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
The 12 confirmed races are: Human, Orc, Dark Elf, Elven Union, Skaven, Dwarf, Nurgle, Chaos Chosen, Black Orcs, Imperial Nobility, Old World Alliance and the Chaos Renegades. Added to the original post too.
IIRC, Woodies and Lizards were DLC in BB2. I expect they’ll want to monetize these two races, again.

Country Flag
I wonder how DLC will be handled this time. Will they do it piecemeal or have a season pass? I am disappointed that no stunty or undead teams made the cut.

Last edited: