S24 -Tier 2 - Nordland - Fluff & Bants inside...

Silfuin

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Silfuin
Country Flag
Another loss against Femur orcs.
What?
They are humans?
Impossible ... they are strong as orcs ... and also use the same dirty tactics.
They paid Hubris to feign being hurt every single time he went down.
They also rigged the dice in their favour and somehow entered my PC and disabled the skill icons so I followed up a dodger on a "defender stumble" and blitzed with 2red dice since there wasn't any Guard icons ...

@FemurMuertez I already pointed out the reason of some silly action, which I must live with as I have really no control over them.
If you spotted any deficiency in tactic or strategy let me know.

Now to void predictions and stay in Nordland I must win against the leaders of the division ... oh boy ... will these ragged bunch of misfits with no stats up whatsoever (well ... almost ... now I have a nice project ag5 guarder ... but he will not last long) be up to par?

Unlikely ... but ... ;)

Silfuin

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Silfuin
Country Flag
First match against the leaderbord top coaches gave me a draw.

I begin to think my men cannot bear the pressure of important plays.
When they have just to do normal stuff they have no problem, but if a play has a higher meaning they feel the pressure and fail.
That's the only logical explanation why they snaked the dodge to setup a beautiful surf and the dodge to score whereas they succeeded pretty much everything else.
I begin to think that I must enforce teh usual dark elves training habiots and place archers on the sides of the pitch to shoot everyone who fails.
Experimentally I tried this in the last few moments of the match and it worked!
Under the threat of death they succeeded even very difficult plays, passing in various disturbing presence auras and going for it multiple times.
Wiz was a fraud though ... I want back my money.

@Geryon, if you care to review the key moments of the game together and point me out what you would have done differently I'd appreciate.
No need to spend much time, just a quick chat while looking the review together.
Unless you want to do a full review while streaming like the last time ... I must say I really enjoyed that.

Silfuin

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Silfuin
Country Flag
And with a spectaculr beating by @RTSD ends my undeserved time in tier 2.
This pretty much sums the game (my rolls are the blue ones):
vs RTSD.jpg

This team sucks and the coach sucks too.
Apparently I can't fathom the way to play dark elves.
If I aggressively swarm the cage it seems I can be successfull but then I get owned.
If I do the column defense I cannot stop the enemy from scoring in 8 turns (often removing some player in the process).
Then on attack I do something wrong: 5 TDs in 8 games says it all ... and this also result in a painfully slow developement.
When I use the wiz early it fails, when I keep it because I see some plays to attempt they fail and then the wiz is inconsequential.
Star players are rarely pulling their weight, and my own players alre lackluster: one ag5 now but will be good only if I can put spps on him, which seems rather hard now (and will be hard also in tier 3).
I don't know, I like the darkies, but there is no spark with this team up to now ... I wonder if I should just accept they are not my team and switch to something else, but I never backed out from a challenge: it seems like a defeat, plus they are still young, with just 3 seasons under their belt ...

Then at least once a match I put in some silly mistakes, like forgetting some players have a skill, or forgetting how it works, ... planning a thing and then doing another, or just move a player carelessly and as a result being forced to roll GFIs on an action which I though was safe (and when it is the first action of the turn it can result in some rather spectacular failures).
Geryon says I'm BB fatigued, but I gave it a thought and I realized that these little failings are rather frequent in my life, and I have learned to accept them.
For example today I left office, 10 minutes walk to the parking lot only to realize that I left my bag with wallet and keys in the office.
20 minutes later I was more tired and finally starting my car.
I need to learn to accept these occurrences also in BB, although they often have more meaning than in RL.

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
Well well well, what a season. Every game played, what an amazing bunch of coaches. Firstly, congratulations to our promoted teams, commiserations to those demoted and better luck next time to those staying in Nordland.

Now's its time for what is even more important...

*Blasts of crass intro music*

Yes, that's it folks, it's back, it's the show you've all been waiting for.. it's Nuffle This Week, with your host.. Gallows Bait!

Evening everyone, here at Nuffle This Week we've been hard at work watching the replays, checking the stats, seeking out those in depth interviews and looking through the unemployment line to see what the post-season has brought us. Just so that we can report back on our SOLID GOLD PREDICTIONS OF AWESOMENESS!!

*Flurry of almost illegible disclaimers scrolling past*

Here's how the season went folks:

The Snapping Tendons (@FemurMuertez) - Our Prediction - 4th place last hurrah. Actual result - 4th place - perfect prediction!

Well what can I say, we called this one.. but we thought it might be the end of the team and their coach, but it turns out they're sticking around for another season despite missing out on promotion. Let's wish what's left of the team every success in the future.

Capering Oligarchs (@troxbirds) - Our prediction - 6th place midtable frustration. Actual result - 5th place - so close!

Well we almost picked this one. By and large things went as we expected, with some real swings in fortune and a lot of casualties, the Oligarchs managed to cling on at a cost, all just so they can do it all again with even more niggling injuries!

Night Walks (@Pylon) - Our prediction - 8th place relegation battle. Actual result - 6th place - a surprising outperformance.

Well this team did managed to outperform...somewhat. A solid result for the young upstarts, but not enough to see them continue upward. We look forward to seeing them build further next season and hopefully impress again.

Goobie's Goons (@GobbieMarauder) - Our prediction -
9th place relegation woe. Actual result - 10th place - even more miserable!

Well those blitzers never will be legends. With such a sorry performance the owners decided to close down the team completely, not even the replica kits nor day-glow coasters escaped the suspiciously-well-insured fire that engulfed the team shop.

Stinky Bloat (@Geryon) - Our prediction - 2nd place aiming for gory...er glory. Actual result - 3rd place - close enough.

No cigar , but they scraped promotion by the skin of their teeth and will be taking their unique blend of putrifaction and precision to the top tier... hopefully downwind.

666 Tru Kvlt Nekro Metal (@BallztotheWalla) - Our prediction - 3rd place young pups. Actual result - 2nd place - Happy Days Metal Heads!

These youngsters managed to not only meet the weight of expectation, but take that weight and whip it into shape with a stunning season that saw only one loss. Good times ahead.

Black&Gold (@BirdManDarkWing) - Our prediction - 7th place and a difficult second album. Actual result - 7th place - perfect prediction!

We'd like to think we helped here, managing expectations, with our sage prediction moderating the fans, but there seem to be a lot of "Altdwarf BC25" shirts floating around the backstreets of Marienburg right now that indicate some fans may have been a little over excited. Better luck next time B&G fans!

The Pale Darkness (@Silfuin) - Our prediction - 10th place painful season. Actual result - 8th place - Honour satisfying defiance of predictions.

I'm not sure which was more surprising, the 8th place finish or ending the season with 10 (mostly) healthy players on the roster. In either case the team should be proud of themselves for surviving in the big leagues. Can they do it again though?

Gaea's Cradle (@Lagerbon) - Our prediction - 5th place survival. Actual result - 9th place - Devastation and decimation.

What can be said... they tried... they died.

Diakstrvakta (@RTSD) - Our prediction - 1st place and a new pyramid training ground in the off-season. Actual result - 1st place - Party time!

It was written in the stars... and in our notes.. glory days, we'll be promoted for sure... and so will our winners... so it's off to the bright lights of Altdorf for us all..

See you next time sports fans!