Tactics Should I fire this player or not? II

patbou73

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
CCL Ladder ... Pro Elf that leveled up with a vanity pass on turn 1, ended up with a Niggling Injury later in the game. I gave him DP while he’s MNG, but should I fire him? I hate NI on AV7, but is NI really a problem on a piece you expect to be sent off anyway?

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
CCL Ladder ... Pro Elf that leveled up with a vanity pass on turn 1, ended up with a Niggling Injury later in the game. I gave him DP while he’s MNG, but should I fire him? I hate NI on AV7, but is NI really a problem on a piece you expect to be sent off anyway?

Assuming you have enough others to go on LOS, I'd probably keep him for now and maybe wait and see how the team goes. If you skill up another he can be dropped then.

Ravers

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ravers
Country Flag

you just have to protect him as niggled AV7 - but then you would probably want to protect a DP anyway depending on the development of the rest of the team. I would keep him, natural selection will soon see him dead :D

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
If you don't have a bench I would fire him.
Fouling with 11 players as pro elves is asking to be down on numbers so you are better off with a loner than a niggled DP.
If you have 13 players then keep him.

patbou73

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I kept him, and DP helped last game... a bit. I will fire at first opportunity, however.

taikalusikka

Rookie
Country Flag
To fire or not to fire Blodge-step, -1 MA skink? Team is Krox, 6 Saurus and 6 skink, total TV 1530. Playing in a private league where rest of the teams are closer to 1400 TV. He's more of an utility skink because I'd rather carry (and give SPP) to non injured-MA8 with hopes of them becoming more useful. Is he worth 110k?

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
I think Blodgestep is a great combination for a skink, it really opens up the sidelines. I'd probably keep him myself.

patbou73

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
To fire or not to fire Blodge-step, -1 MA skink? Team is Krox, 6 Saurus and 6 skink, total TV 1530. Playing in a private league where rest of the teams are closer to 1400 TV. He's more of an utility skink because I'd rather carry (and give SPP) to non injured-MA8 with hopes of them becoming more useful. Is he worth 110k?

I would keep him, but don’t waste Apo on him if he gets injured again. Blodgestep is still quite good at MA7. He’ll shine a bit less, and the MA lost will sometimes be frustrating, but he’s better than a rookie.

Werebat

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Werebat
Country Flag
OK.
Well developed Lizardman team with a Wrestle and two Block skinks.
One of the skinks (Block/AV8/Sidestep), who you’d THINK would have had some longevity on him, got a Smashed Collarbone last match. Keep or toss? My gut says toss, which is sad as he had great potential, but a Blodge skink might be good even with STR1. What do you think?

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
Sack. It will be harder to block with him and when being blocked 3D with tackle against block is about as good as 2D with tackle against no block.

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
Yeah definitely sack it. Also next time you roll a 10 on a skink be sure to give it +MA instead of +AV regardless of its other skills! ;)

Werebat

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Werebat
Country Flag
Yeah definitely sack it. Also next time you roll a 10 on a skink be sure to give it +MA instead of +AV regardless of its other skills! ;)
The idea was to have a skink with some staying power, but of course ironic Nuffle.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
MA1 guard tree ... sack or keep?

No bank to get another one at the moment ...

It it is a fling team then sack and get a loner with inducements. It shouldn't take long to get the cash to replace.
Woodies then keep and replace as soon as you have the cash.

Silfuin

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Silfuin
Country Flag
AV6 kicker lino in a battered wood elves team (only 5 other players remaining including 2 dancers and a nice ag5 catcher).
Fire?

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
I guess I'd keep them since you have so few players, wait for another lineman to skill and take kick them drop the busted one.

Silfuin

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Silfuin
Country Flag
G v
I guess I'd keep them since you have so few players, wait for another lineman to skill and take kick them drop the busted one.
Problem is I won't have a rookie lineman available to skill soon as I have only two other linos: a wrodge one and a wrestle one.
Do I want to give kick to the wrestle one as soon as he skills up?

Further to that in a few matches I will face orks with lots of MB, I guess I dont want the AV6 around anymore by then, but I don't have funds to buy a rookie lino now as I need first to replace the tree and the thrower, so keeping him would only affect one game against darkies ...
Does it make sense?

Silfuin

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Silfuin
Country Flag
And so Classy Butcher just got permaed with -AG.
I know that he is still a very valuable player, but with team developement in mind and having so few stats and doubles on the team I wonder if I should fire him and try to skill up some better blitzer.
Surely I'd keep him if I was in altdwarf and playing for the championship, but back in tier3 I think the focus should be on shaping up a possible title contender ... was almost tempted to recycle him or Black trail: this could be the right time to do it ...
Any thought?

Season 25 after MD2.jpg

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
I agree. Replace if you have the cash.
He is better than a rookie blitzer for the next few games but long term the AG3 will hurt you.
Plus the new blitzer could get doubles or a stat.
Its not like it takes long to get 6 SPP on an elf to make the new one a blodger.