Tactics Skill Allocation Advice VII

The Plant Man

Rookie
Country Flag
So my undead team just had an unskilled ghoul level up with a double 5. My current roster is:

Mummy: Guard, Stand Firm
Mummy: Guard
Wight: MB
Wight: Tackle
Ghoul: block, +STR, sure hands
Ghoul: Wrestle
2 unskilled ghouls, a bunch of skeletons (one with dirty player)

I'm torn between leader, guard, +mv and +armor.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
Definitely not AV or leader
If you didn't have a ST4 SH ghoul I would have said move and made him the ballcarrier.
But with him on the team I think guard is better.

The Plant Man

Rookie
Country Flag
Out of interest, why not leader? Undead rr are 70k so it would let me trim 40k worth of team value. It's not like any other player than a ghoul is going to pick up leader really, given they need to be protected anyway.
I also worry that guard, while fantastic, will the poor little [removed] into danger and end up with him dead after a while, while leader or movement won't.

Last edited by a moderator:

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
If you want leader put it on someone who isn't av7 without regen.
Zombie with wrestle doesn't really want guard so can go leader then kick if rolls a double 2nd .

Ghouls die and you don't want to be sacrificing optimal positioning to keep one safe who isn't lvl 4+ with a stat.
If your opponent blitzes a wrestle leader zombie instead of a ghoul or wight you say Thanks and hope he keeps doing it.

Supa

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Supa
Cyanide Username
Supajee
Country Flag
I don't think leader is that bad shout for a ghoul, although it's better if you're playing in TV-based matchmaking to minmax and/or if the ghoul is your ballcarrier. That said I'd still probably chosen movement if he were the ballcarrier.

If you're playing BB2 then guard is most likely the go-to choice, but I'd be very tempted and even recommend mighty blow in non-piling on environments for a ghoul. Lets you have a faster blitzer and wight doesn't have to invest heavily for that route then.

BallztotheWalla

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
really really depends on which league/format:
if you are playing mm like champ ladder or just farming win rate go leader
If perpetual league like bc or occ go move. The st4 will catch a bolt or die on a gfi so you should always have 2 ball carriers.

The Plant Man

Rookie
Country Flag
I am in the 5 concessions champ ladder, ended up going move though just to have the possibility to 1 turn touchdown

BallztotheWalla

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Wight with ag4 guard mb tackle rolled a normal and i dont know what to give him?
It’s necro with 1 claw mighty wolf and the other wight is a classic pomb guard tackle juggs killer

Street

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Street
Country Flag
Wight for the wight I would say Stand firm (Even though +AG doesn't really help with rest of his skill set too much)

Silfuin

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Silfuin
Country Flag
Season 26 after MD8.jpg

A couple of skills to allocate.
Blitzer got normal, leaning towards Tackle, but considering Diving Tackle, Sidestep or Jump Up, all of which become better the more you have.
Witch got double: MB or Juggs?
In the past I got a lot of mileage out of Juggs, but with always improving opponents I guess it has diminishing returns.
MB on the other hand gives hitting power, but I rarely indulge in attrition game, plus you must blitz with her, and often it might not be the best choice.
Which one?

BallztotheWalla

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
ss for the blitzer
id skip the double and take leap for the witch, but guard, mb or juggs are ok choices

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
I'd go for MB on the witch and sidestep on the blitzer but nothing wrong with another tackle.

Silfuin

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Silfuin
Country Flag
mb on witch unless it's top tier coaches. frenzy is too easy to trap.
That's exactly why I am drawn towards Juggs.
I mean, if good coaches set frenzy traps I cannot blitz with her and therefore MB is useless.
Juggs may be useful only now and then but when it does it's invaluable, plus allows control of the sidelines also against those pesky stand firm guys ...
Still ... MB is so praised by everyone and it could speed up the pace of skill points accumulation ... ah, decisions, decisions ...

Silfuin

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Silfuin
Country Flag
SS on the blitzer for sure. I would take MB on the witch. I don’t like juggs with Wrestle, because then you can only use half of the skill.
That's true, but juggs with wrestle gives you the option of not going down when you get both down result.
Besides if you look at it from another angle also MB is wasted to some extent with wrestle in that if you get both down you don't get to use the skill.
Anyway thanks all for the input.
If all of you prefer MB there must be some reason, I'll think about it.

Supa

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
Supa
Cyanide Username
Supajee
Country Flag
That's true, but juggs with wrestle gives you the option of not going down when you get both down result.
Besides if you look at it from another angle also MB is wasted to some extent with wrestle in that if you get both down you don't get to use the skill.
Anyway thanks all for the input.
If all of you prefer MB there must be some reason, I'll think about it.

Mighty blow increases your odds to cause more damage quite a bit. Combine it with frenzy and you have over 80% odds to knock something down with neat odds to cause some pain, assuming you have two dice on both hits. Since witch elf is ag4 they can sometimes opt to dodge out with a 2+ after blitzing, that's reasonable enough gambit to do occasionally. Also look for chain push opportunities, especially with 2 guard you could clear quite a bit of path while still not letting your opponent to block you.

You won't be blitzing with it every turn as position won't allow it in most cases. But for the turns you can do it it's so great value to attempt a knockdown twice. In theory if you could blitz with non-frenzy mb every turn, the witch elf has sort of done her job by doing it just 8 times in a game (not even counting all the other position worries for your opponent regarding frenzy)

Your opponent needs loads, loads of guard and high STR and precise positioning to not make it feasible to blitz/block with the witch elf at all. That scenario is relatively rare and if it happens, you're screwed no matter what most likely and need to roll loads of d6 with the team anyway to make stuff happen.

In most situations it's very unpleasant to play vs witch elf and it is a high priority foul target in many games. You can't leave players alone against it because the witch will target them recklessly.
Too tight formation preventing feasible frenzy blitzes and one of the flanks can be abused more often than not.

Last edited:

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
@Silfuin my bb1 dark elves in the OCC had a witch elf that made it to Legend and took the following skills in this order: Wrestle, Tackle, MB, SS, Fend and Dauntless. She was a beast of a player and I have no regrets with having taken MB.

Being able to remove some players as elves makes life a lot easier and helps so that you don’t get too outnumbered sometimes.