The warpstone warchiefs

maiais

Veteran
Country Flag
OK i took a major pounding at the hands of a DE team and my roster needs some revamping any and all advice would be great!

Gutter runner: sigmud fruad +1mv,block,sidestep,+1agi 190
Gutter runner: alrat rinestein wrestle,dauntless AV6 100
Gutter runner: ratamedes of mordheim block,sidestep,diving tackle, -1 av 140
Gutter runner: snarles darwin +1agi,sidestep,wrestle, AV5 from 2 concussions 160

Thrower:Leonardo da twitchy block,accurate,strong arm,safe throw, nerves of steel 160

Stormvermin: grill fry the labrat 90
Stormvermin: garleio galie mighty blow,piling on 130

linerat: nicola testya dirty player 70
linerat: fiter the lethal block,kick,fend, niggling injury 110
linerat: tomass eddison 50
linerat: izak oldton wrestle 50
linerat: weed witchyards niggling injury 50

ratogre: Bruce tanner juggernaut , break tackle 190

3 RR 180

1 apothecary 50

TOTAL TV:1500

Gold:350,000

my main quandry is do i ditch snarls Darwin because of his AV 5 or do i give him the boot and start fresh? I'm probably going to replace Weed withcyards, but dos anyone else have any ideas or tips on where to go from here?

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
You have three rats needing replacement, so it's all down to which one has to go first. (Since it is easier to skill up one at a time.)

Or you could drop all three, hoping to get easier opponents a while for it. (At least lower TV)

(But if you do that you should probably replace Leonardo for being TV bloat, and that would be sad - I still would have gotten kick or kickoffreturn for him instead of Nerves of Steel, but I guess if you can get him big hand next time he can start stealing the ball from impossible positions and pass it out)

Hmm.. although if your current TV is 1500, then loosing all three -AV rats should put you in a sweet spot. You could loose weed as well, replacing him only after a runner or two has started skilling again.

Just some random rambling ;)

Lebe666

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I feel blodge (wrodge in your case) players can survive lower armor with some ease... the problem is their stealing SPP. The linerat doesn't need to be replaced... he will be killed.

You have an unskilled SV that needs some SPP too... darn.

maiais

Veteran
Country Flag
I feel blodge (wrodge in your case) players can survive lower armor with some ease... the problem is their stealing SPP. The linerat doesn't need to be replaced... he will be killed.

You have an unskilled SV that needs some SPP too... darn.

You have three rats needing replacement, so it's all down to which one has to go first. (Since it is easier to skill up one at a time.)

Or you could drop all three, hoping to get easier opponents a while for it. (At least lower TV)

(But if you do that you should probably replace Leonardo for being TV bloat, and that would be sad - I still would have gotten kick or kickoffreturn for him instead of Nerves of Steel, but I guess if you can get him big hand next time he can start stealing the ball from impossible positions and pass it out)

Hmm.. although if your current TV is 1500, then loosing all three -AV rats should put you in a sweet spot. You could loose weed as well, replacing him only after a runner or two has started skilling again.

Just some random rambling ;)

first off thanks for the replies lebe and Nikola any and all help is appreciated as iv said!:D

hers what im thinking iv got to potelly replace 4 rats( i forgot to mention that stephen rating my guard,wrestle,fend rat was killed during the watch as well) as of right now my linerat weed witchyard is injured as is alrat rinestein(AV6) and snarles darwin (AV5). i don't quite want to get rid of leanardo da twichy quite yet despite the TV blot(he has proved very useful in the past even if it seems like they intecept his passes 8 out of 10 times)

iv got enough cheddar (see what i did there:rolleyes:) to replace them all but i don't think i am, I'm pretty sure i'm going to give Darwin the boot(as much as i want to keep my +1 ag, sidestep,wrestle GR i'm going to be under equipped for the next game, and plus if the next armor break doesn't kill him its going to KO him or worse give him another injury! rinestine on the other hand im going to hold on to iv had success with AV6 GR's so he stays for now. weed i'm going to keep until he drops. like i said i have enoughg money to replace them all but that's going to put a rather uncomfortable dent in the bank in my opinion. and as for my SV lebe he one point away from a skill upgrade

TL/DR SUMMERY:replace snarles with new GR
keep Weed Witchyards
Keep alrat rinestein
Replace Stphen rating (linerat)
keep leanardo da twichy for now (hey hes lasted this long!)

any thought or ideas, or dare i say opinions?

Last edited:

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Sounds like a good plan. :D

maiais

Veteran
Country Flag
my guard,kick,fend rat kicked the bucket last game along with a injury that crippled my brand new rat ogre but anyways, dos anyone have a scientist pun name i can give his replacement.

Captain Thorrek

Super Star Player
Country Flag
It's more a pun than a movie quote, but you can never go wrong with Dr. Froedrick Frahnkensteen. ;) (Young Frankenstien)

G20

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
You should replace that linerat with the two niggling injuries. You may as well hang a sign over his head saying "COME GET YOUR 2SPP!!". :D

maiais

Veteran
Country Flag
You should replace that linerat with the two niggling injuries. You may as well hang a sign over his head saying "COME GET YOUR 2SPP!!". :D
i may have gotten rid of him already i cant quite remember...:confused: yeah usually i just play that kind of player til they die but the weird thing is hes only been getting KO's and badly hurts, but still hes tying up a body slot so i guss its the boot for him

How about Snails Bored (Nils Bohr)?
ah! a Neils bore pun i take it?;) thanks for the suggestion i might just use that however i think i might tweek it so his names snails bore i havent really deiced yet ;)

It's more a pun than a movie quote, but you can never go wrong with Dr. Froedrick Frahnkensteen. ;) (Young Frankenstien)

i love young frankenstein and would love to use the name! th only problem is i don't think there's enough room to put his full name!:rolleyes:

now the real question is should i go the full 16 lineup now? you see the problem is i lose rats faster than average even when i kick by the end of the drive my opponent has the numbers advantage, so i'm wondering if i should just fill up my roster and be done with it, nay thoughts or suggestions on whether this is a good idea?

also any tips on keeping said rats alive would be great!:p

Last edited:

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
also any tips on keeping said rats alive would be great!:p

Stop spinning them. It's the only way.

If you want to play, rats will die. Embrace it. (And focus on keeping vermins and runners alive)

maiais

Veteran
Country Flag
Stop spinning them. It's the only way.

If you want to play, rats will die. Embrace it. (And focus on keeping vermins and runners alive)

ha ha very funny:rolleyes:. yeah i know that they go down but i wasn't asking about how to keep them alive long term i was just trying to figure out how to minlinse caultslty on the field, but now that i think about it i already have a way of doing that by A.) not feeding them to the meat grinder willynilly,B.)using the jockeying tactic more often rather than just pure man marking,C.) if there down don't stand them up if it isn't necessary/advantageous,etc etc

anyways on to the business at hand last night i played an awesome game against an necro player with systematic blocks taking out his werewolves an great blitz plays combined with expert maneuvering and passing made it seem like the game was min until my GR fumbled a long pass to my thrower in the endzone which would have made 3-1 and then he snatched the ball and after a game of rat and mouse made a lucky turn 16 score with a lucky pick up pass and 2 GFI's ending the game in a tie of 2-2, but the good news is 2 of my GR's leveled up and i need some help picking there skills.

first off is my STAR gutter runner: Sigmud Fruad, he has +1mv giving him a total of move 10( 12 with GFI's),block,sidestep, and +1agi. i rolled normally so no doubles skill for him i was thinking of giving him either sprint or leap, on the one hand if i give him sprint he can make a TD in a single play , but on the other there have been so many times that he been bogged down for one reason or another and i thought to my self "next skill he gets is leap what with him being AG 5 and all) that said i'm not above considering taking dauntless or some other skill he started off as a defensive gutter runner but after the move and agility increases he sort fell into the roll as the clutch ball carrier

next up is my second Gutter runner: Snarles Darwin, all he has at the moment is wrestle but lo! and behold nuffle smiled his gaped toothed grin and gave me a double 4! now I was building him up as a blitzer and usually this means id stick him with horns and be done with it but lately iv been thinking about alternate options such as giving him claws and just giving him dauntless as his next skill or maybe giving him disturbing presence or foul appearance to muck up the blitzey and everyone else around him

any ideas or input would be appreciated thanks guys!:D

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
For MV 10 AG 5 Sidestep.. get leap and learn to push him one step closer for one-turners.

Horns or Big Hand for the other one.

SorroW

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I totally agree with Nicolai on the skills.

And I think I would go with Horns. I tend to try to get a good defence. Scoring is easy, defending is hard.

Oh and about the name and how long they can be, I had an elf called Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez. So I think Dr. Frankenstein is quite safe.

And. About getting a full 16 roster.
I don't think I would go there. Get all your runners and Blitzers. And aim for maybe 14 players. If you have some skilled linerats (with Dodge/wrestle and so on) I would have gone for 13 players. And play them carefully. As you said, no feeding them to the meatgrinder (if it isn't important).

/SorroW

Lebe666

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Plus its good to have a free slot if you get a lot of inducements to hire star players.

Get horns on that double. Rusty has a horned devil w/ strip ball... what a pain that guy is. I'd rather blitz with a SV... but GRs can do it. If your SV or other GRs are good at taking down ball carrier... then big hand.

As for the Agi 5... LEAP !

Like they said... scoring is "easy... defending is where elves and ratz must shine.

maiais

Veteran
Country Flag
OK gents here's the story, i was playing a game against some dwarfs and taking more KO's then usual but i manged to tie at 1-1, he rolled 9 dice to bring my gutter runner that was marking his ball carrier down and all of them failed to but here's the kicker he rolled with his Ball carrier and got :bothdown::bothdown: i was using ratamedes of mordheim as my last ditch defense so i had block so he uses a re-roll and gets :skull::skull:! and on top of that he broke his jaw!!!!:D

anyways with the MVP and injury ratamedes of mordheim is now able to level up! he currently has block,sidestep,diving tackle, and -1 av and i rolled double fives so i need some input on what to give him, i can either go for the +1 MV, +1 AV to bring him back up to 7 AV(which i don't think i'm going to do but i figured id throw that out there), i could give him either tackle, shadowing or leap for a normal roll or for doubles i'm thinking either horns, guard, or NOS.

i'm personally leaning towards either guard,+1 MV, or horns, and depending on what i get ill either get him leap for the next skill( if i get him +1 MV) or tackle (for guard and horns).

so what do ya think sirs?

Last edited:

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
An interesting alternative is Prehensile Tail because it stacks with DT and makes the dodge away into a -3 roll! Given that he is already a man-marker - albeit a fragile one - then I'd probably go with that.

If you are not convinced though and really want to make use of the double then Horns would have its uses and even Guard would be a good choice. Also +Ma is never a bad thing for a GR! :)

Lebe666

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Horns is better with a wrestle or strip ball GR... unless you blitz with him.

Danton's prehensile tail is a good suggestion. Might make him overly specialized... but if they can't know him away due to SS it might be a good choice.

AV is the least useful...

jrpeart

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
jrpeart
Cyanide Username
jrpeart
Country Flag
Guard or PT for me. If you go for PT follow it up with Shadowing and he becomes a seriously annoying marker.

maiais

Veteran
Country Flag
thanks everyone who posted!

while i hadn't thought of PT as an idea its a rather intriguing one, my only problem is when hes marking a player and hes unsupported odds are there going to go through him rather then around him.

i do do a fair amount of blitzing with my GR'sspecially when i'm trying for a lighting strike in the first half to get the ball or in the second half when things are getting desperate and I'm low on players... that said there have been times that i longed for a mobile guard unit to assist one of my blitzer GR's

so now its a toss up between PT,Guard,horns and i still haven't ruled out +1 MV even thole that's looking slightly more unlikely...