Llottabottal Leapers - Team Blog

Smiler6310

Veteran
Country Flag
Hi,

I've just started playing Slann and Ive found myself really surprised at how much fun they are to play. Even other "ball hawking" teams such as Woodies or Skaven struggle to compare with how mobile Slann are.

I started with the following lineup;

1xKroxigor
1xBlitzer
3xCatchers
6xLinefrogs
3xRerolls

The catchers are amazing and although expensive the blitzer is fantastic as a sweeper with diving tackle and jump-up!

My Team "The Llottobottal Leapers" have won their first three games so far.

Game 1 - Played a rookie Skaven team and it turned into a shootout with the Leapers coming out 4-2 winners. My Blitzer picked up an +AG, and one catcher got dodge.

Game 2 - Played a slightly stronger Vampire team, but some awful rolls on their part saw the Leapers 4-0 winners even though we took 3 SI MNG injuries. A second catcher got dodge, the blitzer got wrestle and a linefrog got kick.

Game 3 - With three journeyfrogs I was worried about this one but the Pro Elf team I faced weren't coached that well and my Catchers, Krox and Blitzer took full advantage. A touchback even allowed a Krox TD! Final score 2-1 Leapers. No skill-ups from this game.

So the team currently looks like this;

Krox - 5 Spps
Blitzer = +AG, Wrestle - 18 Spps
Catcher = Dodge - 8 Spps
Catcher = Dodge - 7 Spps
Catcher - 1 Spp
Linefrog = Kick - 7 Spps
Linefrog - 3 Spps
Linefrog - 4 Spps
3xLinefrogs

3xRerolls
3 Fanfactor
1xAssistant Coach
1xCheerleader
Apothecary
90,000 Gps

More games to follow soon, hopefully! Remeber cry HAVOC and unleash the frogs of war!

Cheers
Chris

Last edited:

FTJUK

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Nice to see an alternative team blog with one of the lesser used teams. Never played them as they look like a car crash waiting to happen though!

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
People say that, and that you need oodles of team RR to play them. But 3 RR should work - catchers both leap and dodge on 2+ - lack of block can be annoying, but chaos et.al manage that, and the Krox has ST 5.

So it should work nicely - best of luck :)

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
Is this a TT team, or do you play them on FUMBBL?

If Slann ever make it to the Cyanide game I will definitely give them a go, as they look like a lot of fun! I would probably have to invent some means to stop myself pressing the Leap button repeatedly though! :rolleyes:

Smiler6310

Veteran
Country Flag
At the moment it's a Fumbbl team but I will be buying the Gaspez Arts minatures and a GW Kroxigor to make a TT team (have a look at the Gaspez Frog-men minis they look amazing).

In my small experiance with them I've found Slann high risk, high reward and planning to fail crucial, "What will happen if this roll fails and can I live with it if it does?" have become a bigger part of my playing style, as is learning to accept a fail or turnover in order to save that reroll for something vital. You also learn to do all the other things properly ie stand your guys up, move - dice free stuff etc before you start to roll.

Smiler6310

Veteran
Country Flag
Hi,

So game 4 for the Leapers was vs a second pro elf team. The Leapers had challenged a nurgle team but we turned down before we were challenged by the elves.

The final score was 2-0 Leapers with both TDs going to my rookie catcher. The frogs were brutal all game to the dainty elves, numerous KOs, 1 BH and 1 dead were the final tally vs just one frog KO! The rookie catcher skilled up as did the Krox. The only downside were the measly 20,000GPs winnings but it was enough for a 4th reroll.

The team now;

Krox = Guard - 7 Spps
Blitzer = +AG, Wrestle - 19 Spps
Catcher = Dodge - 9 Spps
Catcher = Dodge - 12 Spps
Catcher = +MV - 7 Spp
Linefrog = Kick - 11 Spps
Linefrog - 3 Spps
4xLinefrogs - 0 Spps

4xRerolls
4 Fanfactor
1xAssistant Coach
1xCheerleader
Apothecary
10,000 Gps

Remember cry HAVOC and unleash the frogs of war!

Last edited:

Smiler6310

Veteran
Country Flag
Evening!

Game 5 took place vs a slightly stronger Orc team and was the Leapers first against a bash team. The match was touch and go with failed leaps aplenty but the 4th RR bought after game 4 came into its own!

The Leapers managed to score two defensive TDs in the first half, my wrestle blitzer using wrestle and diving tackle aplenty to dirve the opposition coach mad and free the ball up. A quick-ish 3 turn TD saw the Leapers up 3-0 and the Orcs angry and frustrated. Again with time winding down the Slann stole the ball and it was only a failed 3+ dodge with reroll that saw the Leapers miss out on the 4-0 win. Final score 3-0 and the Leapers say goodbye to Green Tree Frog, a linefrog killed by a BOB.

Team now looks like this for game 6;

Krox = Guard - 7 Spps
Catcher = Dodge - 12 Spps
Catcher = Block, Dodge - 18 Spps
Catcher = +MV - 10 Spp
Linefrog = Guard - 6 Spps
3xLinefrogs - 0 Spps
1xJourneyfrog

4xRerolls
5 Fanfactor
1xAssistant Coach
1xCheerleader
Apothecary
70,000 Gps

Smiler6310

Veteran
Country Flag
Evening all,

Game 6 was vs a Pact team featuring a mino and a troll....The Leapers scored on the defensive taking a 1-0 lead into halftime. A further quick two turn score led to a 2-0 lead. The Pact team drove down the pitch on their drive but despite freeing the ball twice the final three turns ended with snake-eyes preventing the frogs from capitalising on the free ball. The final score 2-1 Leapers!

Got enough cash for a 2nd blitzer and two catchers leveled up! The team is;

Krox = Guard - 9 Spps
Blitzer - 0 Spps
Catcher = +MV +MV - 16 Spp
3xLinefrogs - 0 Spps
1xJourneyfrog

4xRerolls
6 Fanfactor
1xAssistant Coach
1xCheerleader
Apothecary
10,000 Gps

Got to say I'm loving this team, the freedom of movement with leap opens up all sorts of possibilities and drves opponants nuts! :p

Smiler6310

Veteran
Country Flag
Hi,

So last game against the Pact my +MV catcher (first roll was 6+4) rolled a 5+5! I instantly went with a second +MV, my theory being that its easier to roll a double in future than it is to roll a 5+5 or 6+4. Also a MV9 catcher will be a nightmare for the opposition and allows for much easier OTTDs.

However, I can still change the skill before I play my next game. I'm thinking that maybe guard (go anywhere on a 2+ and assist) or pass may have been a better choice.

What do you think? All advice appreciated!

Smiler6310

Veteran
Country Flag
Yeah I know but a MV9 catcher is still appealing, what worries me about guard is that it will leave him completely vunerable in my opponants next turn, he doesn't even have dodge or block.

On a separate note I just purchased myself a Slann team from Gaspez Arts, I bought 4 Blitzers, 4 Catchers and 6 Linefrogs:
gaspez-arts

But I bought the Krox from GW:
Blood Bowl: Kroxigor | Games Workshop

Still need to find a human chainsaw to act as Helmut Wulf! :pow: May use this guy (Scroll down to find the Human Chainsaw)
WILLY MINIATURES

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
I'd stick with move.

You can (comparatively) easily roll a doubles on any catcher and it will be equally useful (guard, pass), while rolling a second +MV can only be done one a catcher that has already rolled a +MV..

Purgatory

Super Star Player
Country Flag
I quite like those gaspez frogs, a nice purchase indeed. Quick tip, though: make sure you properly balance especially Blitzer 4 with something heavy underneath his base, the model is sometimes a bit too eager to use Diving Tackle ;)

Smiler6310

Veteran
Country Flag
I quite like those gaspez frogs, a nice purchase indeed. Quick tip, though: make sure you properly balance especially Blitzer 4 with something heavy underneath his base, the model is sometimes a bit too eager to use Diving Tackle ;)

Thank you for the tip I'll bear that in mind! :)

Played game 7 last night against another Pact team. Two defensive scores saw the Slann 2-0 at the half. Special note must go to Cane Toad the rookie blitzer who sacked the ball carrier and whose diving tackle caused turnovers leading to both TDs!

The second half was abit of a fiasco TBH, uber dice on behalf of the Pact saw them free the ball on -2d block, followed by an ag3 marauder dodge into my Kroxs TZs, pick-up the ball from the Kroxs feet and dodge away all with no reroll......Not much to do against that but the Leapers defended well and denied the score as time ran out. Final Score 2-0.

Induced Helmut Wolf for this game too, boy what a let down. Due to lack of Frogs he had to come on midway into the first half. Blitzed with him, failed to crack armour.....next turn he gets stunned. Two turns later I blitz the Pact Gobbo with him and that fails to break armour. It's turn 8 so I score and he gets sent off!!!!!

The aptly named Rainforest Rocket Frog (my 2 +MV catcher) was instramental in the rapid defense and a pain for my opponant and the little guy really can go anywhere with 9MV and his leaps! :cool:

The team didnt change much but is now looking like this for game 8;

Krox = Guard - 9 Spps
Blitzer - 0 Spps
Catcher = Block, Dodge - 21 Spps
Catcher = +MV +MV - 20 Spp
Linefrog = Kick, Block - 17 Spps
3xLinefrogs - 0 Spps

4xRerolls
7 Fanfactor
1xAssistant Coach
1xCheerleader
Apothecary
70,000 Gps

Have scored 19 TDs in seven games and conceeded only 4! Am not sure what to spend my GPs on next either another Blitzer or RR five? The Gaspez Arts Frogs havn't arrived yet :( Can't wait to see them! :D

Remember cry HAVOC and unleash the frogs of war! :pow:

Last edited:

Smiler6310

Veteran
Country Flag
Hi,

So after a two week excerise at work the Leapers were finally able to take to the pitch again. The frogs faced off against a chaos team who only had claw on the minotaur making a nice change!

The game started well enough but the rust shone through with failed leaps, blocks and dodges everywhere. The Leapers still freed the ball but the rookie blitzer Cane Toad piled in inches from the end zone stunning himself and preventing the go-ahead TD much to my frustration.

In the second half it got uglier, all 4 KOs stayed unconcious and poor play and positioning by me saw me have to score in turn 3 simply to recover from a really bad situation.

From the next kickoff the chaos team where on form, KOs, BHs and a SI saw me down in the numbers game. Only a failed GFI into the end zone allowed me to take the win. Won 60,000 GPs and bought reroll 5 - this game proved the frogs need it badly! Also the Krox levelled u[ after breaking a Chaos Warriors neck and securing the MVP.

Krox = Guard, Break Tackle - 16 Spps
Blitzer - 0 Spps
Catcher = +MV +MV - 20 Spp
Linefrog = Kick, Block - 17 Spps
2xLinefrogs - 0 Spps
1xJourney Frog

5xRerolls
8 Fanfactor
1xAssistant Coach
1xCheerleader
Apothecary
30,000 Gps

Also the Gaspez minis arrived while I was away so hopefully I get to see them next weekend!

Remember cry HAVOC and unleash the frogs of war! :pow: