Wood Elf Playing in the big one

coachman

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
bjj hero
Country Flag
Im playing in the NAF championships at warhammer world this year (Got to spend my over time somewhere right?) and the only team I have for TT is Woodelf so here are my thoughts.

105k to spend on players inducements and stars doesnt go very far with woodelves. Its a 6 match resurrection tournament picking your skill before each game and no player can stack skills. so I thought:

Wardancer
Wardancer
Tree
Thrower
catcher
catcher
catcher
lineman x4
1 RR

Thats all of it spent. Advice? Ill be taking leader first unless I were to pick stunty or something round 1.

Last edited:

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
If it is TV 1050 then you are 50 short.

Upgrade a lino to a treeman or get an apo for the dancers.

Edit: 2 throwers, 2 catchers is also an option, dunno which one is best.

Last edited:

Grumbledook

Star Player
Country Flag
wood elves are one of the strongest teams in this format, I expect to see you doing well! ;]

obvious skills are Strip Ball on a dancer, leader on a thrower

a tree is very nice to have though from what I know from wood elf players at TV1050 I think an apoth is generally preferred

two throwers is a waste, the extra catcher is better to have, a second thrower doesn't offer much but extra movement, dodge and even catch can be well worth having

the other dancer, consider frenzy and tackle, as you get to pick the skill after seeing what the opposing team is, you may want to pick and choose, I'd also look and see what other races are around the tables that you may face in future rounds

take tackle if plenty of teams with dodge players, lizzies, undead, amazons etc, though frenzy may also lead to trouble if facing teams with lots of guard, though that tends to only really be dwarfs and perhaps chaos dwarfs as other races take more block etc

beyond that, block on a catcher (blodgers are a pain) dodge on some linemen, kick can also be helpful but you can also do without it

for a double (if we get one, not checked yet), you could go MB on the non strip dancer, or a guard catcher

please note I've never played woodies myself, horrible team, I'll be taking vampires after my nice run with them in Germany at the dungeonbowl

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
All skills are normal skill access only, no doubles allowed.

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
Oi make room for a real team, not one of them cheating woodsies. Here come da ORCS ORCS ORCS:powdodge:

We´s gonna smash, stomp n´ tromp with this crew:

1 troll
4 bobs
4 blitzers
1 line
1 thrower

3 of them reroll thingies.

Block on thrower and then smash:D

coachman

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
bjj hero
Country Flag
If it is TV 1050 then you are 50 short.

Upgrade a lino to a treeman or get an apo for the dancers.

Edit: 2 throwers, 2 catchers is also an option, dunno which one is best.

Oops. Trade a lino for a tree, ill edit the original. My thoughts on skills are as follows:

Md1. Leader or a tackle wd if its a dodge heavy team
Md2. Tackle or stripball depending on the team
Md3. By now I should have leader stripball and tackle

Md4. Kick on a catcher
Md5 sidestep on a catcher
Md6 surehands a catcher

Any thoughts on this?

And orcs smurf? I'd recommend kick return on everyone ;)

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
Orcs are the only team I have a chance to paint up in time. I dont want to play me rats again in this tourney, so smash, stomp, tromp:D

Grumbledook

Star Player
Country Flag
Md1 etc? match day? never heard anyone use that term with blood bowl before ;]

skill choices seem fairly sensible though why would you put kick on a catcher instead of a lineman

catchers are already going to be targeted, why give the opponent an extra cherry when putting it on a lino spreads the targets around

coachman

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
bjj hero
Country Flag
skill choices seem fairly sensible though why would you put kick on a catcher instead of a lineman

catchers are already going to be targeted, why give the opponent an extra cherry when putting it on a lino spreads the targets around

When Im running out of players a catcher is probably one of the last people id put on LOS.