Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Etheric
Country Flag
Those have been on the facebook page for a while

Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition will be released in September! | Facebook

Captions

1/ Khorne Herald of Khorne Daemons.
2/ Underworld: Bomber Dribblesnot and Warpstone Troll.
3/ Bloodthirster of Khorne Daemons, Bloodletter Daemon and Bull Centaur of the Chaos Dwarves!

The fluff for bloodthirsters makes them far too powerful to play bloodbowl (but the bloodbowl world and the WFB worlds are not identical). But trees are much faster in WFB than bloodbowl as well.

Anyway hopefully we will get a roster for Khornes Daemons at some point and can see if it is balanced or not. I guess they have not released it yet as they are not sure if it is balanced. I guess it will not be in any case.

John McGuirk

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
They claim that they have a seasoned team of players working behind the scenes to balance the Khorne. Who could that be, top NAF bods? Anyone heard anything?

Though I suppose anyone involved would be under some kind of NDA.

Snotty

Super Star Player
Country Flag
hopefully this is not repeating too much from the other thread, but im going to be optimistic and believe the khorneys will be balanced, depsite a history of brokeness in other gw stuff.

the other 2 thing to considerations are

if underworld are allowed in, does that mean slann and mauraders are too? the background of the shots look very slann to me

and if there is a whole new team in there, does this mean there might be another tt version coming out? Ive heard rumors?

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
Slann were ditched because GW said they don't fit the intellectual property any more, despite Cyanide wanting to do them.

Chaos Pact haven't made it in due to resource constraints, they just say they haven't been able to do everything wanted. It does leave the door open for a new version as well I suppose.

Its worth noting that the new separate Dungeon Bowl game is shipping with 3 of out of 8 teams, so expect future expansions/versions for that one too.

Two new Star Players are confirmed - as can be seen Bomb Dribblesnot is one of them, the other is not yet known.

One new stadium has been designed also (Lizard/Amazon aztec theme).

Looking at a September (ish) release for around £30.

Edit:

As to tabletop - Hobnail believes the rumours are reasonably strong. There were rumours last year, but Dreadfleet came out instead.

I'm not personally convinced a BB re-release fits their business model right now, but it is the 25th anniversary year, so right now I don't know.

I'd like to hope so, but we won't know really until around September/October I when this year's small game release comes out (assuming there is one).

Last edited:

Snotty

Super Star Player
Country Flag
I guess because Slann teams were an invention of 2nd edition. And someone is feeling precious about the fat bloated wfb ones. I was never fan of 3rd editions reworking to get it as old world (wfb) as possible, as it lost a certain something that 2nd had.

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
I guess because Slann teams were an invention of 2nd edition. And someone is feeling precious about the fat bloated wfb ones. I was never fan of 3rd editions reworking to get it as old world (wfb) as possible, as it lost a certain something that 2nd had.

Welcome to my world.

2nd Edition - Coolest background/theme/models ever.

3rd Edition - WFB on a pitch, blurgh. But at least the rules simpler.

Darkson

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
Darkson
Country Flag
but the box cover was new out today though
Nope, that was posted on the Cyanide forum (from Amazon) two weeks ago: Blood Bowl - Official Forum • View topic - Blood Bowl chaos edition summer 2012

I wouldn't be surprised if this year's GW "fire & forget" box* is Dungeonbowl, which (depending on what's in it) actually might be worth looking at - as long as the figs and dungeon are good, it doesn't matter about the rules, because if they're crap, the community will produce better ones.

* I.E. Space Hulk, Dreadfleet - "fire & forget" name stolen from a post on TFF by Glorian Underhill.;)

Last edited:

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
Would be a good candidate given the quality and ease with which they produced the floor tiles for Space Hulk were produced.

Narly Bird

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Im liking the look of the new version (what little there is to look at anyway) and am in the same camp as Snotty of being cautiously optimistic.

AllyRdr

Super Star Player
Country Flag
I guess they have not released it yet as they are not sure if it is balanced.

Given their outstanding history of making sure everything works perfectly before release I'm sure this is the case.

The cover art is terrible frankly. It looks like an 11 year old GW fanboys wet dream.

Hobnail

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
Hobnail
Country Flag
They claim that they have a seasoned team of players working behind the scenes to balance the Khorne. Who could that be, top NAF bods? Anyone heard anything?

Though I suppose anyone involved would be under some kind of NDA.

If they are, nobodies talking.....

Im less hopeful!

But I remain convinced of a BB themed autumn release from GW and certainly expect to know well before release.

Captain Thorrek

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Is it me, or does it seem like the cover art is just the cover art to the first PC edition, with a blood thirster instead of an orc... not a big fan of the new bloodthirster designs to be honest in any case. They should've had a Khorne and chaos dwarf coach both yelling at the ref and pointing towards the customer, with the victim of the "He was out/in!" escapade looking a little sheepish or with a "why did I take this job instead of sewer scavenging with my cousin?" look on his face.

I'm just hoping for possibly more team logos, and a discount for those who bought a previous edition.

Barninho

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I read on the official forum that Galak was involved in the playtesting, but obviously it wasn't from him because he'd be under an NDA. That makes me feel a little better about the whole thing.

John McGuirk

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I don't mind the new cover art. I agree that it's very similar to the vanilla game cover, but then I really did love that. As a total newcomer to the game, I found it conveyed what the game was about perfectly.

I actually think Cyanide's 2d and 3d art in the games is generally very impressive. One thing I'd love to see, but doubt we will, is more of those natty in-engine animated shorts.

Captain Thorrek

Super Star Player
Country Flag
I actually think Cyanide's 2d and 3d art in the games is generally very impressive. One thing I'd love to see, but doubt we will, is more of those natty in-engine animated shorts.

True, sometimes I forget how good those shorts are. The Chaos Dwarf one should be fun, as well as the Underworld (they should have the troll eat a gobbo in a short, though). :)

Darkson

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
Darkson
Country Flag
I read on the official forum that Galak was involved in the playtesting, but obviously it wasn't from him because he'd be under an NDA. That makes me feel a little better about the whole thing.
I would think Galak being involved is unlikely, given his falling out with GW.
Also, it looks like the post on the English part of the forum was a mistranslation (I'll try and find the post).

Found the post: http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=813&p=15882#p15911
PapyHarzen said:
Tylthul said:
There are also apparently NDA's involved. In this day in age, I'm impressed that they've held fast for this long without leaks.
Or, more simple, they didn't do anything about these "tests".
I asked Freki on the french board and his response was very "Focus style":
"Pour le moment la nouvelle version est en train d'être équilibrée mais bien sûr nous procéderons à des tests dès que cela sera possible et si des experts sont disponibles pour les faire, alors ce sera parfait !"
Link: http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1139
In short: "If experienced players ("Galakn'co" of Siam) wanted to testing, yeah, it will be cool..."
Not very close of "We will testing with experienced players like Galak etc..."

For me, all this story of testing is no real, some speaking between Focus and Cyanide, nothing more and no will to make it more.

Papy

Last edited:

Barninho

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
OK. Well that makes sense. The 'news' I read was definitely a translation and may very well have been a bad one. Thought getting people who knew what they were doing involved seemed a bit out of character for cyanide. :skull::skull:

Thanks for clearing that up though Darkson.