BBtactics Cyanide League

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
Is it possible to quit the league and play the match as a challence, with the same teams? Have heard that challence matches are less affected with port issues, but not certan it realy is like that.

I feel most confident that I would win as I have 13 skillrolls against 1 and the orcs miss a black orc.

Frenz0rz

Veteran
Country Flag
Is it possible to quit the league and play the match as a challence, with the same teams? Have heard that challence matches are less affected with port issues, but not certan it realy is like that.

I feel most confident that I would win as I have 13 skillrolls against 1 and the orcs miss a black orc.

To be fair, you're not the only player who had port issues against Panda - I believe mine was also a forced draw, which I could well have won. Although the port problem is still somewhat random, and very much an unknown quantity, I feel it would be somewhat unfair to have one player replay their port issue-cancelled game whilst everyone else has to carry on with their assigned draw.

Not saying this just because I want to win, mind, just trying to make a valid point.

Edit: Not to mention the fact that some of us never even got to play against the Jungle Green Stalkers, due to the team pulling out of the league. That was a forced draw which I and others would most definately have won. Just saying, once you start replaying matches due to extenuating circumstances, its a bit of a slippery slope when judging what does and doesnt get replayed or accounted for.

Last edited:

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
I would be interested to see if anyone can play Panda using direct connection rather than the Cyanide servers.

Panda with issues

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Actually FrenzOrz, you along with jrpeart and Raven were the only one's I actually managed to get games with. I'm surprised you forgot our hard fought draw!

I must point out, I played another league prior to this one on a different website, and had not a single port issue.

Them's the breaks I guess.

I'm also confident, that had they had the opportunity, Slug 'Emz would have walked all over Netsmurf's pansy elves.

Murkglow

Super Star Player
I'm surprised people are that conserned over winning or losing this (or their standing, whichever).
"I shouldn't have a force draw, I'm sure I could have beaten him" seems a bit "hard core" for what is basicly a "friendly league" with no prizes...

I can understand the annoyance of not getting to play (I've felt it plenty myself) but really people...

Last edited:

Frenz0rz

Veteran
Country Flag
Actually FrenzOrz, you along with jrpeart and Raven were the only one's I actually managed to get games with. I'm surprised you forgot our hard fought draw!

Apologies mate, upon reflection, my only forced draws were with the gobbos and the jungle green stalkers. I do remember our game, and it was a damned good one :p

As I've said, this is a friendly league and I dont mean to be arguing about who eventually 'wins'. It really doesnt matter. I just think its a little unfair that one forced draw due to extenuating circumstances might get replayed purely due to it occuring at the end of the season.

Narly Bird

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
That makes it 2 leagues in a row that the Lizardmen have won the title. :D

Coachman, can you post a screenshot of the final positions?

Its just a shame that port issues seemed to have cropped up fairly regularly to put a downer on the league. Is this a problem at Cyanide server end or peoples personal pc's? :confused: Hopefully there won't be similar issues once Legendary is out.

N.

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
Its just frustrating not getting to play the match, not having the chance at the most important game of the league - that bites.:( Like it did against the dark elfs, which was also an admin draw for me. Well enough said, congrats on the win to the nasty and evil Lizards, look forward to playing you in the Legends!

@Murkglow, I´m always hard core sure that I will win any match or have a fair chance to do so - its a princible:D

jrpeart

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
jrpeart
Cyanide Username
jrpeart
Country Flag
Sorry, missed you dude. Could you do Tuesday (today) after 18:00 BST?

Unfortunately not. I have a prior engagement on Tuesday evenings and by the time I get home its too late to start a game. I could do Wednesday evening but I think someone mentioned the servers going down on Wednesday.

Murkglow

Super Star Player
That doesn't exactly seem fair to them... :(

Want to declare a draw or would you like the win (after all I was the one who postponed our match on account of my babysitting)?

Thanatos

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Nah it is fine. I don't think either of us was in contention anyway.

In truth I have well and truly got Orcs out of my system.
They were not as awesome as I had thought.

But now I can't wait to play Norse, Amazon, Vampires...

jrpeart

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
jrpeart
Cyanide Username
jrpeart
Country Flag
Well, I'm actually around all this afternoon if you were free?

Nope, sorry was at work and popped in to the forum on my lunch hour. Looks like we were too late anyway. It probably makes sense at this point to just call it an admined draw and let me prop the league up.

Its a pity as I was looking forward to the game.

coachman

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
bjj hero
Country Flag
Hey,

I'm effectively out now with no final game. I know the servers are currently down so when does everyone want me to end the match day? Let's here some dates.

Good luck guys.

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
Are they still surporting the no Legends editions after the server is up again? If so why not roll the day forward wedensday 27 at normal time.

Perhaps Panda would take his feeble orcs to the pitch for at little lesson in elf cunning?:cool: