Wood Elf Freak of nature

20phoenix

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
20phoenix
Country Flag
I have what can only be described as a good problem. My FOL woodies are privileged to have a +ST +AG wardancer on their books. The best bit is she got them on her first two skills! She is now closing in on level 4 and i'm trying to figure out a progression plan for her so i've turned to the BBtactics community. Tackle is a favourite for first skill up but after that its not so clear. What about doubles? Guard seems a waste on a piece built for blitzing.

For the record the other dancer is currently strip ball/tackle, the team has two guards and a +AG lino.

AllyRdr

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Side Step maybe? A blodging side stepping +STR, +AGI marker would be a nightmare for a lot of teams

Smiler6310

Veteran
Country Flag
Since you have a strip ball/tackler as your other WD, what about frenzy? Works well with the +ST and makes caging by the sidelines a very risky prospect especially with the 2+ leap. On doubles I'd suggest Jugganought if you choose frenzy or MB if you don't.

20phoenix

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
20phoenix
Country Flag
My worry with frenzy is a lot of the big plays the wardancer pulls off is leaping into a cage which at this TV usually has a guard player or two. Frenzy can mean you're putting yourself into a position where you're going from a 2d for to a 2d against. I wouldn't put frenzy on until SS anyway as the last thing you want is her getting surfed

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Frenzy would turn her somewhat away from cagebusting, but what with the risks of cagebusting (and that if they have guard her ST 4 is being less useful anyway) you could go the frenzy way and start pushing people off the sidelines.

Else the simple Tackle, SS (MB) is probably for the best.

20phoenix

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
20phoenix
Country Flag
Ok she's finally levelled and rolled a 6+4! So +MV? Or normal skill? They dont make this easy do they?!

AllyRdr

Super Star Player
Country Flag
+MV or side step. Once you've chosen, paint a big bullseye on her back.

20phoenix

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
20phoenix
Country Flag
You say that like she doesn't already! Whats rude is that with most my team having one skill each i'm already at 1740 TV (with this skill pending) Surprisingly despite only 5/11 players having block/wrestle they survived a game with a 1910 chaos outfit. Well except for a dodge lino who copped it but thats what they're there for right?

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
Right, I would consider +AV over +MV since she is so damn fast already. I would also take fend into account if you take sidestep now. But I much prefer for a WD like that to get frenzy, uhh its solid gold on a WE team:D

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Move, of course. Among her other skills she'll now also be an easy option for one-turner scores. :D

(And with a treeman with grab, she can be pushed two steps without using the blitz, meaning you can save it for her advance towards the endzone - with both a blitz and a leap, she'll be pretty tricky to stop)

20phoenix

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
20phoenix
Country Flag
The one turner option is what made me favour +MV over +AV. +AV would be nice for such a good player but thats what the apo's for. I dont have anyone else in the team worth saving at the moment!

20phoenix

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
20phoenix
Country Flag
Treeman: Block
Wardancer: Strip ball, tackle
Wardancer: +ST, +AG
Lino: Dodge
Lino: Dodge
Lino: +Ag, niggle
Lino: Wrestle, -MV
Lino: Guard
Lino: Kick, block, -MV
Thrower: Accurate, block
Thrower:
Catcher: Guard, block, niggle

3RRs, apo, treasury 410k

TV 1740

G20

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Sometimes Nuffle decides for a player to only roll stat ups and doubles. Take the MV :) You don't want to piss Him off. You could do some 1TTD...or something.

20phoenix

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
20phoenix
Country Flag
I went with the +MV. Its kinda tempting to add sure feet later in the development now. The idea of a fairly reliable ST4 blitz anywhere on the field makes me all emotional :pow::pow::D

Viajero

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I went with the +MV. Its kinda tempting to add sure feet later in the development now. The idea of a fairly reliable ST4 blitz anywhere on the field makes me all emotional :pow::pow::D

Dont! GFI are killers even with Sure Feet. I d take Tackle first instead.

And that WD needs protection skills at some point... Side Step and/or Fend.

20phoenix

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
20phoenix
Country Flag
Dont! GFI are killers even with Sure Feet. I d take Tackle first instead.

And that WD needs protection skills at some point... Side Step and/or Fend.

When I said later I didnt mean next skill I meant near or at the bottom of the progression. Tackle was always going to be next as the other WD is looking a bit lonely as the only tackler!