TEAM BLOG - The Harbingers of Megz

voyagersuk

Veteran
Another 2-0 crushing, another Wood Elf team in disarray

kicked again and set-up in the ziggurat. First Block and a CW with Mighty Blow kills the merc Tree.....

scored in Turn 8 again and that left 2 Woodies in the casualty box including the tree and 6 in the KO (3 recovered) another 2 Casualties and a KO as well as some crowd surfing led to the Turn 7 score.

A simple X that devolved into a sideline < was enough to keep the wardancers at bay.

another 80k winnings so 210 in the treasury with nothing to really spend it on.
MEgz only failed one Wild animal roll all match. I do tend to Block or Blitz with her though so it is understandable.

The CW + MB who we will now refer to as Behemoth rolled an 11 for his upgrade and I took the AG. it tends to reduce the Killer template, but he is more likely to get the TD's required to reach skill 3 and 4. He looks happy in an Evil way....

so 4 wins in 4 matches now and no TD's conceded. up against an Orc team next who are also unbeaten in this phase.

The KO Phase will feature a Lizardman team and a Chaos team who are close to me in Value and a couple of Human teams who will break under my fists.....:cool:

voyagersuk

Veteran
3rd match of the night.

Orcs lose 1-0 to The Harbingers

3 casualties - 0 as well

no skills from this match.

playoffs consist of MEgz versus Skaven
Lizards versus Chaos
Orcs versus Lizards
Chaos versus Humans

fairly bashy.

voyagersuk

Veteran
First knock-out game against a Headsplitter led skaven team.

managed to foul him (dead) in Turn 5 and score in Turn 7 after kicking.

MEgz is just deadly with the Claw/MB combo. Her Prehensile Tail caused a Turn 1 turnover when she tripped a gutter runner (Fist action of the Skaven)

Tro has a damaged Back and will miss the next match, lucky block by a line-rat

Behemoth scored the 2nd and last Touchdown in the dying turns of the second half, his AG4 really is a benefit.

One Skill - prehensile Tail on a Block Beastie. he will work tandem with MEgz

Next match is Chaos, the team from my division who I have already beaten this season. They have no minotaur....

I played around with the Ziggurat formation a bit to ensure a sort of funnel effect to take advantage of MEgz tail.. If I can figure out how to work Play Creator I will post it up in the morning

so 2-0 score and 3-1 in casualties, another 70k winnings. I used some of it to buy a beast man to keep my numbers up whilst Tro recuperates.... still 290k in the Treasury though.

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
Sounds easy, just like play creator really, i'm sure you can manage it!

voyagersuk

Veteran
Next game was a simple 1-0 win over a Chaos side..

received, scored in Turn 8, kicked and then held him in his half for the entire second half using MEgz and the CW crew to thin the opposition a tad....

CW + Mighty Blow gained Block
Beast with no skills gained +1Ag

MEgz died, but I successfully apo'd her.

next up, yet another Chaos team, who I actually think will induce Morg.... my won't that be fun.

I bought reroll 5 and added a 5th Cheerleader.

still 200k in the treasury

I think for the Final I will buy 2 more Apoth's to keep MEgz and the CW's safe

Last edited:

voyagersuk

Veteran
MEgz time as up, I hired 2 extra apoths for the final and she still died twice. or 3 times if you accept that the apoth failed....

still won 1-0 and 5-3 on casualties.

next season awaits.

match was full of blood and violence, really worried me how easy it was to limit my game plan - very inflexible, making me think I should pause the Harbingers for a while and go Dark Elvish for a bit.... Have to think about it.

voyagersuk

Veteran
yup, it didn't like her horns.... too much blood on them.

OK, so I faced a Goblin team as first game in season 2... talk about easing back in after a break!!

score finished 1-0, although I am sure I could have had 4, I decided to slow down and punish the globs of purest green for their temerity at showing up in the first place.

so 5 casualties and 8 KO's including Ripper and one of the 2 rostered Trolls who refused to come back. Skilled up "Ro" who happily prayed and worshipped at the Multi-hued altar of chaos undivided and came away with +ST, so in effect I have 5 CW's now. I needed that as I face 2 Lizardmen teams in this division as well as the Chaos team who hurt me so successfully in the final last match, although they are not until the last game so I can build up my troops before then.

I miss MEgz, her Claws and prehensile tail were a bonus I could have used in this game with all the dodgy gobbos and Regen happy Trolls.

next up an Orc squad missing 2 of their best players to Injury.

voyagersuk

Veteran
ok, So the Orc and one of the Lizard man teams are down. two 2-0 wins under my belt

I have suffered a bit with casualties though I am missing 2 for the next game against the 2nd Lizard man team. They have 16 roster ed players however most are skinks. I should have enough Strength to survive it.

I have skilled up some more beasts with Block and/or prehensile tail. and a CW with Block has gained Guard as I keep getting muscled out in the Trenches.

MEgz II has nearly reached her first skill.... I miss MEgz I

voyagersuk

Veteran
I keep feeling that by pluging holes in the team based on the previous match I am in fact stunting the growth of the team as a whole I will have to post the full roster when I get a chance so that I can get some critique from you guys

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
Surely plugging the holes will make the team more rounded overall, which I see as a good thing?

voyagersuk

Veteran
Ok so played game 4 of the new season against the second Lizardman team (16 slimy so and so's against my 11)

I won 2-0 again and managed to get 5 casualties and 11 KO's (although not all at the same time.)

back to full strength for the next game

one skill from this game.... MEgz II managed to get to skill 1 and rolled a double.. so I took Block. Claw will come next.

:rolleyes::)

voyagersuk

Veteran
another 2-0 win over the Chaos team that caused so many problems and killed the previous MEgz.

it looked like a different game now.

so after that we are TV 2.22M(ish)

470k in Treasury
5 Cheerleaders
5 Team rerolls
Apoth
12 fan factor

01 Hysh - CW - 5 4 3 8 Block, Mighty Blow (20 spps)
02 Anar - CW - 5 4 3 9 Block, Guard (21 spps)
03 Behemoth - 5 4 4 9 Block, Mighty Blow (32 spps)
04 Gnar - BS - 6 3 3 8 Block, Prehensile tail (18 spps)
05 Scruf - BS - 6 3 3 8 Block, Tackle, Guard (32 spps)
06 Pie - BS - 6 3 4 8 (12 spps)
07 Tro - BS - 6 3 3 8 Block, Kick Off Ret, Extar Arms, 2 Heads (57 spps)
08 MEgz II - M - 5 5 2 8 Block (6 spps)
09 Rofa - BS - 6 3 3 8 Block, Prehensile tail (29 spps)
10 TYni - BS - 6 3 3 7 Block, Kick (19 spps)
11 RoG - BS - 6 4 3 8 (11 spps)
12 Rikkit - CW - 5 4 3 9 Block (9 spps)
14 Sweetie - BS - 6 3 3 8 (0 spps)

record 17 - 0 - 1
TDs 29-1
Casualties 67-17
77 KO's
73% of all games spent in opposition half

voyagersuk

Veteran
first match of cup phase against a dwarf team with Grim and a Death roller. a smattering of Guard and fend included too.

I managed to steal the ball with a combination of positioning and Strength 4, this allowed me to tie up the Dwarfs with prehensile tail and Tro scampered off to run in the go-ahead touchdown

MEgz II grabbed a quick Casualty on one of the Troll Slayers and Thick Skull didn't seem to be in effect as KO's were flowing

The second half started with me receiving and a massed cage in the middle allowed me to take advantage of ST4 & ST5 to gain a 3 man advantage. Tro and Pie ran between the tackles up field with ball tossing it back and forth. Pie scored to reach his second skill roll at the end of the match... he rolled Double 6 and took the ST to compound the advantage for the next game against Goblins... I can see a few 3 die blocks in my future.