Lizardman Yet Another Lizardman Conundrum

Cybermage100

Veteran
Country Flag
Wow, the Lizards seem pretty popular all of a sudden on here! I read over some of the other postings hoping I might find an answer but so far I haven't quite found what I need so I am posting this one here.

I have a pretty new Lizardman team that I am using in an AI League. I expected it would give me some more practice but it turns out my scaly little buddies are doing really well! My last match was against the High Elves and I won 3-1 (it would have been 4-1 but i got greedy trying to get some turn 16 spp and failed a Block roll before I could run the ball in.) My skinks are doing amazingly well, handing off the ball all over the field and even succeeding in several passes with reroll assistance. So now here's my questions...

So far only 2 skinks have leveled up. I gave one Catch and the other Side Step to benefit from both a ball carrier and a defensive skink on my team. Sadly those damned HE managed to knock one of my skinks out with a fractured skull (-1 AV when he recovers). Now considering their weak armor anyways, how long is this guy going to be useful to my team? He hasn't leveled, in fact his ssp is 0 still, so should I keep him on to milk him for all I can get from him til he croaks or give him up as a loss?

This leads into my other question, which is I have 90k unspent and not sure what to do with it in light of my injured skink. I have apoc already, 4 RR, and my team consists of 5 saurus and 6 skinks, again 2 of which have leveled... At this early stage in my teams career, should I hang on to that money to maybe save for the Krox? Or dole a little of it out for padding my roster with some more skinks maybe? I just don't know what the wisest course would be since I live in constant fear of a skink extinction. Any ideas?

OH! And my next match is against the Red Faced Rocketeers... I think the Ogre team is what made me tremble a little more with my uncertainty than I might have against a less frightening team.

Murkglow

Super Star Player
Since you're still a very new team just suck up the injury and use him for dangerous jobs.

As for what to buy next, the first thing I'd buy is your 6th Saurus no questions asked. A Lizardman team is all about the Saurus and not having a full set is just not acceptable. After that buy the Krox. Then start replacing injured skinks.

Acipenser

Veteran
Country Flag
Yup, 6th saurus.

Then Krox.

Then think of replacing the wounded Skink. Until that time use him for assists, fouls and other dangerous but unprofitable jobs.

I've found 6 skinks to be enough for now, trying to keep my TV down. Try to get as much SPP on the Sauri/the future Krox as possible, but don't forget the Skinks either.

Cybermage100

Veteran
Country Flag
Thanks for the advice everyone! I am definately not forgetting my Skinks. As I pointed out they are getting a ton of the spp. My first game, one skink got 10 spp all to himself and i had to make him hang back a bit in game 2 to avoid him hogging it all again!

I have 3 Sauri at 2 spp each from causing an injury in this last game. I was hoping one of them would get mvp but it went to another skink this time around, instead. Most of the last game against the HE was a remarkable game of hand offs and short passes by my Skinks which led to a lot of small spp awards, and my unskilled Sauri still did a wonderful job of tying up their lines and forcing them to dodge through multiple tackle zones.

Hopefully after work today they will hold up as well against the Ogres. :eek:

Acipenser

Veteran
Country Flag
Just keep hitting them snotlings. And use your mobility - you're WAY faster than they are.

Barninho

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Yeah didn't say in my thread, but one of the reasons my Sauri leveled is because I drew Ogres and went out of my way to blitz snots with sauri. They can be annoyingly hard to knock down but on a good day they are like little spp vouchers.

Also I had the same problem you have with your AV skink.

In my case I like to have at least one skink as a sub. I couldn't afford to replace him so he became my sub, because I'd rather have a -AV Skink coming on than no Skink. I would keep him until he dies or until you have the full set of big lizards and a couple of subs. I had a skilled skink die instead of him.

Last edited:

Cybermage100

Veteran
Country Flag
Well thats sort of interesting Barninho... can you control which player becomes your sub? I always assumed since he was high in the roster that he would always be one of my first stringers no matter how many players I had. Then again, I guess that would mean if you buy the Krox late, then he wouldn't be in your starting lineup and that would just be stupid.

So how do you change that? I went ahead and bought my 6th Saurus for now, so it isn't an issue for me at the moment (the injured Skink is still sitting out of the Ogre matchup) but it would be good to know for future reference.

Murkglow

Super Star Player
When you're setting up your extra players will be in the end zone. You can swap players in and out from their.

maxcarrion

Super Star Player
Country Flag
They used to be in BB:DE but now they are listed by name across the right of the screen and you can select them by name

Murkglow

Super Star Player
Ah, so no longer in end zone? Been a while since I played a team that used replacements. :p

Barninho

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
One thing I noticed was that the -AV skink was automatically put onto the bench by the game even though he was in the first XI numerically.

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
The game is pretty lame that way, it puts two of my gutters on the bench even when I have to recieve the ball.