CC - House of Amber

Barninho

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Cheers lads... :)

I'll be doing my best not to help matters, but Mikko's team is starting to look suspiciously nice for a team that's in last place, and then I get Kanil to follow. That does not bode well...

Good luck to both of you though. This has been a really fun season.

Kaz

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Kazman29
Country Flag
Good luck getting into the playoffs. I'm cheering for all the dark elves (except for Juriel's)! I got outbashed by woodies earler this season so I know how you feel against those Pro's....

Barristan

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Hehe Barn, you're such a nice guy I figured you could help me out with my shortcomings :D

In all seriousness, yes Mikko and his team are a handful, he must have been very unlucky overall. As for Kanil, well he's head and shoulders above the rest of the division. So best of luck to you also, this is a thrilling end to an enjoyable season indeed!

@Kaz: Cheers, that felt like a plan going horribly wrong indeed. As for the play-offs, I just hope I won't repeat last season's scenario, where I blew up all my chances in the last two games. What's wrong with Juriel btw? Is it because he thinks the Darkies are OP and anyone seems good with them? :p

Kaz

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Kazman29
Country Flag
Not only that, but we play each other on the last day of the season! Winner is in the playoffs, loser is probably out. Don't know what happens with a tie, though his TD diff. is better than mine.

Mikko's team does look very good with a MB wolf and three tackle players. That is a problem! The ghoul with tackle has GOT to go!

Barristan

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Yeah, Mikko's Wolf scored 3 injuries and 2 KOs against me, he's one nasty beast. I went after him early but could not break armor and once my MB Witch was out I had more urgent concerns. He was lucky to equalise in 2 turns when I failed to down his carrier with 4 dice but then again I was lucky to score my 2nd in the first place, so the draw was a fair result.

Best of luck against Juriel, I will need a lot myself against Tys. 7 games season makes for a photo finish.

Limdood

Mega Star Player
Near Chicago, Illinois - in the United States of A
Country Flag
mikko got screwed over from the first game...

FG and ghoul killed by my team, i injured or KO'd his wolves off very early, or gave them no one good to hit, and his ST4 MB wight fouled a player of mine, only stunned him, and then failed the bribe and got sent off anyways.

i remember him saying during our game that he didn't have money to replace both players right away, so he was down players already in MD2 and skilling up a FG is painful at the best of times.

that being said, he's put out some pretty ridiculous TD and CAS numbers, coming close to the (in and of themselves ludicrous) CAS's that my norse have caused, and blowing me out of the water in some of these TD numbers he racks up....3 TDs in ties? i haven't gotten 3 TDs in any of my games yet!

Mikko

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Mikko
Country Flag
Dont really know what happened with me and my team this season. I think some of it is explained with that i had only one tackle piece (zombie) at the start of of the season and just three tacklers now in Group full of dodgy basterdz:p. Beating received in my firts match against Lim´s rock band did not help, but mostly i think it´s because of the opponents (you guys) that i´m in the last spot about to go hunt for Golden spoon. ....(damn elfs)...:D

Barristan

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Well it seems Mikko took home his first win 2-1 over Barninho.

Amazingly, after loosing my game, I'm still third. Still must win MD7 but at least if I don't make the playoffs I will have only myself to blame :p

Hope we did not jinx it for you Barn, BBM figures are very much in your disfavour...

Barristan

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
House of Amber made it to the play-offs in the most ridiculous fashion after a 3-2 win against Tys' Pros.

Nuffle had a good laugh, I failed to score on my first drive because I relied on a +2 foul that failed to break armor and then snake eyed my dump-off out of the pitch. So 1 down at half-time and I had not much hope left, then I scored T9 :)skull::bothdown: RR :skull::bothdown:), T10 (Blitz!) and T12 (snake eyes on a throw T10 and another on a dodge T11 for Tys). Really painful. Tys outplayed me big time and I was shaking till the end and his final desperate attempt.

I'll post a more detailed match report tomorrow if I can.

Barristan

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I don't have time for a full write-up so I'll make do with the interesting bits.

- Tys bought a new Thrower pre-game to reach 1880 TV vs my 1810, and willing to win at any cost I spent 3/4 of my treasury on another Assassin. It did not help me much, although they both attracted quite a few blitzes and were never taken out.

- Over the course of the game, the kick-off events gave me 2 Perfect Defense, a Blitz! and a RR vs a High Kick and a Riot in Tys favor (but too late).

- I think this is the first game where Random snake eyes a pass, and it going off the pitch killed my drive and should have cost me the game. I made 20 passes in 7 games, even taking away the level-up passes this seems like far too much for Darkies.

- Between the blocks and stabs, I broke armor 21 times. I made only 2 casualties and 3 KOs, two of them during the 15th turn. I also surfed two Pros for two more stuns. Casualties were inflicted on a stab and an :skull: result. This could have been better, although a lot of stuns still helped me to move, and I suffered a single KO all game on a failed block (2nd Frenzy block at -2D due to SS).

- 3 TDs in 6 turns (adding the extra turn for the Blitz!) has got to be my record. I think I made the most of Tys' nuffling but on the other hand I made other mistakes that really should have cost me the win (forgot SS twice, relied on a foul to keep a guy down, left a player inside my cage, etc).

- BBM stats:
D6 me 3.26 vs him 0.35
2D6 me 3.49 vs him -21.38
Block dice me 60% vs him 42%

The win does secure a play-off spot, which is nice after such a hard-fought season and seems a big reward for a 3-2-2 record. On the plus side I did not really crumble in any of my games and did not lose by more than one.

Buying a second Assassin rises my full-strength TV to a staggering 2040! That was before my skill-ups however. Eric (Blodge Blitzer) and Fiona (Block/MB Witch) levelled-up and, Nuffle being with me all the way, rolled respectively 11 and 12! So another AG5 destined to be a leaper someday and my second ST4 piece, absolutely awesome on a MB Witch. She's sure to attract a lot of unwanted attention.

This means 2130 TV though. I now have 6 stats up for a lonely double in the team - I am utterly incapable of rolling more than 1/30 of those with Delves it seems. I'm pondering firing Gerard (Wrestle/+AG/-MV Lino) or an Assassin but I might just wait for a natural death/retirement, I don't expect both Assassins to live long. Decision can wait until I see who will be my next opponent.

The team roster:

Bleys - Blitzer - +ST, Dodge, Tackle, niggle - 36 SPP
Corwin - Blitzer - Tackle, Dodge - 24 SPP -
Benedict - Blitzer - Dodge, Strip Ball - 27 SPP
Eric - Blitzer - Dodge, +AG - 16 SPP
Random - Runner - Pass, +AG, +MA - 40 SPP
Gerard - Lineman - Wrestle, +AG, -MA - 19 SPP
Julian - Lineman - Dodge - 13 SPP
Caine - Lineman - Kick - 7 SPP
Dalt - Lineman - Block, Dodge - 18 SPP
Merlin - Lineman - Dodge, Wrestle - 19 SPP
Fiona - Witch Elf - MB, Block, +ST - 31 SPP
Deirdre - Witch Elf - Wrestle - 9 SPP
Brand - Assassin - 0 SPP
Rinaldo - Assassin - 2 SPP

2130 TV, 3 RR, 60K treasury, Apoth, 8FF

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
Congrats on making the play-offs. My human team finished on 4-0-3 and look like they will miss out unless they get very lucky with some other results! :(

Regarding your team, yeah Darkies shoot up in TV very fast, especially if you roll some stat ups. The Apocas are close to 2500 tv at the moment! :rolleyes:

That witch looks very nice. Good luck keeping her alive! :) I would be tempted to fire that +Ag lino with -Ma, as that injury makes him a lot less useful and not worth paying the extra 40k for.

Barristan

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
You see Lim, that's the kind of attitude that makes her paranoid and even more of a psychopath. That being said, I played twice against a ST5/Block/MB Witch, and she was almost impossible to take down. I hope she survives a bit at least.

Cheers Danton, sorry about you missing the play-offs, Div 1 is made of a tough crowd as well for sure :) I also feel Gerard is the most likely goner, for once I'd be more inclined to keep him with -AV. His retirement would bring me down to 2000 TV for 13 players, still quite a lot but like you said, hard to avoid with Darkies. My previous team (now in CTA) is at 2350 and with no SuperStar yet! I'm more worried about my very low treasury, but I'm sure I'll get some MNGs here and there to bring back a bit of cash.

Last edited:

Barristan

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
So first round of the play-offs will be against fellow Darkies of Malekith Cocktails coached by Kaz. Dangerous opposition as they won their own ticket by defeating fellow Darkies of Engine of Elfhate coached by Juriel. The winner of our game will go on to play fellow Darkies of Jorxan Thunder coached by Joe Staniforth.

Hmm. One thing is for sure: there will be much less Darkies in the CC once this is over.

:)

Last edited:

Limdood

Mega Star Player
Near Chicago, Illinois - in the United States of A
Country Flag
good luck! Joe almost missed the cutoff for entering the playoffs and GB contacted me about stepping in if he didn't make it in, so you ALMOST had a nice fun tiebreaker to look forward to if i had gotten in and we both would win our first game.

So i'm cheering for you, because the further Joe gets, the more i'll feel like "oh man! That was almost me!" (no hard feelings joe! :D)

Kaz

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Kazman29
Country Flag
Yeah, Kaz is pretty dangerous and a Blood Bowl tactical mastermind. Probably best if you just lay down and let him win. Maybe not even show up for the match and concede? Yes, that would be best. At least fire that horrible TV bloat witch elf.... nothing good can come of her.

Signed, Anonymous

Barristan

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Awww, you see I was quite tempted to fire her, but I don't have the cash for a rookie one and I feel I'd miss the Jump-Up too much, it really is key to my team strategy. On the other hand I think that if Kaz fires his Blodge/MB/Guard Blitzer, he can afford to hire Morg. He's a game changer, Kaz should totally go for that plan. Since you seem to be a great pal of him, you should drop the hint. Thanks, Anonymous, you're a mate.

PS: this is quite bizarre as last night, while spectating Dreamy vs Thorlacius, I got a splendid half disconnection from the Cyanide client, and ended up renamed... Anonymous in the chat. Feeling a bit like Gollum here [spittles and hisses]. :D