Cyanide How to not misclick on the End Turn button

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
This is from Blood Bowl digital. I have pointed to it before, but it seems as if most overlooked it.

rayon__delta said:
hi,
Here is a package i made that modify 2 files (cell.dds and EndOfTurn.xml).

result :
  • Soft grid (G)
    Nice cross
    EndOfTurn button is now on the left of the screen

instruction :
  • Download package
    Unzip in the folder \Program Files\Cyanide\Blood Bowl LE\
    Go in the new folder \Program Files\Cyanide\Blood Bowl LE\BBcustomize\
    Execute BBEL_RDcustom_install.bat to install the pack
    Execute BBEL_RDcustom_remove.bat to restore originals files

The link in the post is dead, but here is another copy of the file.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/73749493/Blood Bowl/BBEL_RDcustom.rar

You can simply find the files and do manual installs if you don't trust foreign people's .bat files.

kvasilad

Star Player
Country Flag
You Sir, are my new hero :)

I've lost count of how many turns I've ended due to misclicks now, this will at least give me one less thing to curse loudly about when playing :D

Jasper

Star Player
Country Flag
This is easily my favorite Blood Bowl mod.

It's so damn frustrating that the (default!) End Turn button's hotzone extends well below the actual graphic. :-/

kvasilad

Star Player
Country Flag
I'd say one of the most annoying things is that it disappears while a player is taking an action, and then appears just as you're about to select another player that happens to be near the top of your screen..

dodger

Super Star Player
Cyanide Username
drdodger
Country Flag
I'd say one of the most annoying things is that it disappears while a player is taking an action, and then appears just as you're about to select another player that happens to be near the top of your screen..

Yup, that's how it got me once, luckily it was just in single player while I was familiarizing myself with the Necro team a bit.

I've installed this mod now too to avoid a repeat during online play.

SorroW

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Now with CE on most computers I thought that a bump on this thread would be a good idea.

Works fine.

/SorroW

crimsonsun

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
crimsonsun
Country Flag
I really should get around to using this, the number of times I have done this, either because time is running out or I am talking to someone while playing and it proper sucks, I have lost whole turns, before taking any actions and that can be game breaking!

Crimsonsun

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Since this threas is becoming more and more long-lasting I've taken the liberty to remove any namecalling, originally meant to make one particular person find the thread.

Now it is for everyone ;)

Punkpogoer

Rookie
Does this have a different file destination with CE? I did it with LE, but I didn't download LE with Steam. Steam puts the game in a different location. So since I had to download CE with Steam I was wondering what I have done wrong. In other words I couldn't get it to work with CE.

ravage

Veteran
Country Flag
everything in BBCE lives under Steam now. On my machine, the root install directory is here. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Blood Bowl Chaos Edition\

YMMV, but that should hopefully point you in the right direction. as indicated above, the mod still seems to work just fine in BBCE :)

Mordachai

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Mordachai
Country Flag
Can no longer seem to get the End Turn button change to work after changing computers and switching to Windows 8. Kinda annoying.

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
Are you using the installer that comes with mod or editing the files manually, I always have to do the latter to get it to work.

Snap Wilson

Star Player
I don't have a problem with this. I do have a problem with test right-clicking squares in order to see whether or not I need to make a Dodge and the computer saying, "oh, this is what you want to do?" followed by a missed roll and a turnover.

Mordachai

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Mordachai
Country Flag
Are you using the installer that comes with mod or editing the files manually, I always have to do the latter to get it to work.

Did the latter. Put the new file in place of the old one. Nothing changed. Unless I have failed to replace the correct file I'm at a loss to what is wrong.

Doomy

Super Star Player
Country Flag
I don't have a problem with this. I do have a problem with test right-clicking squares in order to see whether or not I need to make a Dodge and the computer saying, "oh, this is what you want to do?" followed by a missed roll and a turnover.

I find unintentional dodges have a higher success rate than planned ones. Maybe I need to be more Zen about the whole thing...

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
Did the latter. Put the new file in place of the old one. Nothing changed. Unless I have failed to replace the correct file I'm at a loss to what is wrong.

I'm at a loss. There are two files you should replace did you do both? The mod contains both modded file and backup original files (labelled as such) is it possible you used the wrong ones (unlikely but hey)? If yes. no I'm stumped.

Mordachai

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Mordachai
Country Flag
I found what the problem was. I wanted to use the better looking grid that Coach recommended, but that nullifies the change of the EndTurnButton position.

If someone finds a way to combine these gui changes so you can have the better looking gui as well as the moved button I'd appreciate it!