Blood Bowl Orc Team in progress!

SnakeByte

Rookie
Hi @ all!
I have just started Blood Bowl after 10 years of other tabletops and now I'm building up an Orc-Team! I_ll do some kind of diary for getting ideas and criticism about the stuff I'm doing! So lets begin. First up are 2 Black Orc Blockers, that where converted from 40 Black Reach Orc Bosses! Here they come:

some pics left due to picture limit, click on a pic to get to the gallery!

Do they still look 40k-ish or are they just right? And Ideas for a colorscheme would be nice, as I'm looking for something creative and new!
Any thoughts would be nice!

~Snakebyte

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
I don't think they look too 40kish and the right colourscheme will help as well.

Red and white Orc teams are really common, so if you can avoid doing that it will be a good thing!

I'll have a look in the back-end about the picture limit and get that sorted.

Marlow

Veteran
I think they look like good Orc Boyz for Blood Bowl! Have you actually played any games with them?

Marlow

Veteran
thanks guys^^
Nope, totally new to Blood Bowl and have noone to play with, but am working
on that!
I joined the MBBL Play by Email League when I started BB to get some experience of the game and different teams. It is a lot of fun.

You can join here - MBBL - Midgard Blood Bowl League ( PBeM )

I think Orcs are one of the best starting teams as they have very good players and you can use Goblins as Catchers if you want to try out the passing game rather than the running game.

SnakeByte

Rookie
@Marlow: Have been to the side before some times but never found the time... may have a look though ;)

Update time^^ Have been painting for a few hours now and have stopped just now, caused by my pulling out 2 of my wisdom tooth ... ouch... Anyways, started painting! I tried a sky earth non metallic metal on the helmets and used green instead of brown, because they play on a grassfield afterall! Still I don't really like it, because its too similar to the skin and uhm don't know... just don't like it. Also I'm not sure about the skin. They are Black Orcs afterall, is the skin too light? Aaaaand I'm not sure about the team colors, the green-yellow is rather bright in my eyes, although I like the purple in a way... What do you guys think?

As I see the pics now, I see that my camera took just every highlight and shdow in the cloths and skin away... please ignore it, I'll make new pics tomorrow!

Sorry for the bad pics by the way, the light here is really bad!

Last edited:

Coach

Administrator
Head Coach
Country Flag
Disabled the image limit now so you can post as many as you please.

I think the horizon reflection done on the jaw is a bit distracting, makes it hard to notice the teeth.