Cyanide BB Manager

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
Its a community made application that you can download and load match files into from Cyanide BB to analyse the dice results held in the log.

A number of leagues use it for recording their matches, as do some players purely for their own information.

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
Its been encouraged to load them for people to be able to view, but not obligatory I don't think.

They do help for people seeing some of the stats - like the threads Netsmurf created where the stat images updated from BB Manager and not the game itself.

Etheric

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Etheric
Country Flag
Do we use it in the Crunch Cup, will I need it to participate.

You don't need it, but I find it very helpful.

Also if you have it you can download all the replays of all the games that have been uploaded too, which is great.

A great tool, reasonably easy to use, I highly recommend it.

One of the hardest things in the game is to seperate bad play from bad luck. Something dumb that works because your opponent rolls a lot of 6s is hard to seperate from something smart that works because you made some easier rolls. Similarly did you fail because you rolled a load of 1s or because you were trying osmething silly?

BBmanager is great for looking at things like that.

Vusfnuv

Super Star Player
Country Flag
It's also used for storing and sharing replays. I reccomend to use it.

SorroW

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
You download the Application. Run it. and then Submit your match.

Then you can view your match, and below both one T6 and 2T6 there is a number. from - to +.

The lower you get the worse your dice have been.

I have seen matches with -25 or something like that (don't doubt people have had worse luck then that though) and about the same in the positive, +25.

Just remember that it takes ALL dice of the kind in consideration. Not why, when and where you failed. So a match can look pretty good, but you failed the important once so it feels rubbish.

/SorroW

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
Must say that I have stopped using its stats to see if I have been lucky or not, be course it does not take into consideration if it was a turnover or not. I only see the stats as fun and look upon my snakeeye %.

Etheric

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Etheric
Country Flag
I do find it quite useful. Had one game, at least to confirm general trends, it is gives useful feeback on if you are doing the right thing or not. As you say it is not perfect, the big one being as you say it should keep a record of the number of turnovers you give up on d6 rolls.

Seeing how many injury rolls you give up, or what the armour break % is can be quite helpful. Clearly when the injuries happen is important too, but a general guide.

Clearly there are rolls which are a lot more important than others, and when they come up is important too.

Being 3/10 of KO rolls is either a bit unlucky or it could be a complete disaster as you hae 3 players KOed for much of hte match who fail multiple rolls then make the one before T16.

As I have said before I find it difficult sometimes to see if I have been lucky or outplayed my opponent with a win etc.

Lebe666

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I installed it yesterday to see how my luck went during a game. Lets see.

Also I thought it had a replay thingy... but apparently its in Blood Bowl itself only.

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
I installed it yesterday to see how my luck went during a game. Lets see.

Also I thought it had a replay thingy... but apparently its in Blood Bowl itself only.

Once a match is uploaded to BB Manager, anyone can export it back to BB to view as a replay, but yes, you do have to watch them through BB.

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
Its so slow... argghh

If you press the + and - signs on the numeric pad on your keyboard it should speed the replay up and slow it down respectively. There are various different speeds that you can watch it at.

It would of course be better if there was a rewind, or fast-forward function, but being able to change the speed is better than nothing!

Rusty

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I thought he meant BBM is so slow, which it definitely is. And probably almost as bad to use as the Cyanide multiplayer interface. Useful though...!

Lebe666

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I don't have a numeric pad... pressing my "+" sign doesn't seem to make it faster unfortunately.

Managed to put a game from 2 days ago into the BB manager... mostly average results. Except for dauntless... -56 !! Dauntless almost never works for me... :(

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
USB numeric keypads can be had for $20 ;)

Else laptops without numeric keypads usually have one "hidden" in the ordinary keyboard, accessible through some function key or other.

Lebe666

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Found the "hidden" + sign !! Thanks.

Also found out that in a game I failed 46% of Go For it. While my foe managed 96% GFI ... he did more than twice than I.

Last edited:

danton

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
danton
Country Flag
Don't start getting too obsessed with those stats! Sure they can give you some indications about luck, but they don't paint a very complete picture of the dice rolls, or tell you anything regarding the decisions you made during a game!

If you do want to analyze your games then you are better off looking at the replays and seeing where you could have done things differently. It helps if you expect most of your moves to fail before you try them too! ;)