And the result of the Crunch Cup III cup is...

Sceadeau

Star Player
Country Flag
Update: Game has been played, couldn't post replay in this post -- it is at the bottom of this page. Spoilers may be posted on the next page, stick to this one if you don't want to know who won.

Original post:
-------------

Just kidding, the game hasn't been played yet. But we will upload the replay here first before letting anyone know how it turned out -- so you can watch it live (ish) if you'd like.

Tomorrow, 24 hours after posting the reply, I will update my team blog and this post to contain the final score, as well as the replay.

My pregame commentary is that it the Khemri are currently a 90k dog to the match, making either 2 +ag potions or 1 +ag potion and a bloodweiser babe as the only two real options for inducements.

Feel free to speculate as to favorites or possible scores for the match. You can get some bragging rights.

My prediction: 4-3 OT shootout. How could that not happen with these high flying teams?

Last edited:

Rusty

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
With a lot of Dodge, I'm going for a 2-1 win to McFood. I hope it's a close game whatever happens, coming down to the last turn or two. Have fun!

Strobinator

Super Star Player
Country Flag
I predict you went with 2 +agility. I predict a score of 2-1.

I also predict in an unprecedented move, the trophy is awarded to the De Facto Crunch III Champs because we really ought not be messing with fate. It's irresponsible.

Last edited:

Sceadeau

Star Player
Country Flag
My actual prediction is 2-1, with him taking it. He has a ton of 4 ag blodge, which is a pain for my team to deal with. Not enough of you hurt him on his rise to the top ;)

That said, I will work towards not allowing that happen.

Rusty

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Are you sure you agreed on the same time? Yesterday in another thread McFood said it'd be starting at 11PM GMT+1 (half an hour from now).

Sceadeau

Star Player
Country Flag
The new US DST has struck again. No big deal, but it does let me stop alt-tabbing every 5 seconds.

Barninho

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Good luck. I have a feeling about 1-0 to Mcfood just cause it's hard to stop elves with Khemri, but Sceadeau has been a steamroller, so good luck to you both. Reckon there's a worthy champion either way.

Sceadeau

Star Player
Country Flag
The Replay

The Replay is attached -- I must say that this is the most fun game of Blood Bowl I've had in a while -- tense till the end.

There were a lot of calculated risks he and I both took, and each one had the potential to swing the game in someone's favor. If you watch it at normal speed, the game has very tense moments, no reroll shenanigans, questionable dodges by both teams, move/countermove. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Attachments

• The Funhouse Cast_VS_Hunted by Destiny 3-16-2011 6-06-21 PM.zip
    69.7 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:

KFoged

Veteran
Steam Username
KFoged
Cyanide Username
KFoged
Country Flag
The Replay is attached -- I must say that this is the most fun game of Blood Bowl I've had in a while -- tense till the end.

Thanks for the match Sceadeau.

As you know I'm not totally happy by my own sloppy/bad play in the game, but glad you enjoyed the game :) I think for now (at least) I will stick to tabletop and FUMBBL.

Thanks everybody for a good cup - and good luck in the new one.

McFood - KFoged - or what i'm called :D

Rusty

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
That was a fun match to watch. A nice set up in the first half and tense up to the conclusion, what more could be asked for? Congratulations to [the winner] and commiserations to [the loser]!

Narly Bird

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
For those of us who dont have access to watch the replay, due to power shortages meaning the trains aren't running and therefore im stuck in the office for the next XX hours, who actually won? I am assuming its my arch nemisis who i love to hate, Richard Nixon... oops, i meant Scedeau. :p

Is my assumption correct?

KFoged

Veteran
Steam Username
KFoged
Cyanide Username
KFoged
Country Flag
For those of us who dont have access to watch the replay, due to power shortages meaning the trains aren't running and therefore im stuck in the office for the next XX hours, who actually won? I am assuming its my arch nemisis who i love to hate, Richard Nixon... oops, i meant Scedeau. :p

Is my assumption correct?

PM sent :D

Viajero

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Well, that was a fun game to watch. Specially the first few turns of the 2nd half :D

Let us know when we can comment or ask questions, dont want to spoil the replay!

Etheric

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Etheric
Country Flag
Yeah watched the game now, am interested in peoples impressions. Was tempted to start a new thread about it, but will leave it a little bit longer.

Last edited:

Barninho

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Erm... wow!

That was a simply phenomenal game. I have to give credit to both Sceadeau and McFood.. I never, in a million years, would have pictured that game turning out the way it did at halftime.

I have a few thoughts about this game when you do decide to post that thread Etheric, and I agree it would be criminal to spoil the result for those who haven't watched the replay.

John McGuirk

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Very nice, very crazy game. Between these two, Netsmurf and Max there's pretty high standard for finals being set around here!

Vusfnuv

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Good game. Although the moves of the winner were nor really obvious for me. Don't want to spoil, so won't discuss it for now.