Cyanide BBTactics in the OCC Season 21

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
Make sure to let the admins know he conceded so that the appropriate chicken award can be noted. :)

Barristan

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
He already has one but I'll make sure he gets another. If only because he announced he was going to concede T7 but still gang-fouled me T8 for a smashed collar bone on my new Blitzer, and I did not dare use the Apo in case he had changed his mind. I'm not short in cash but I find it dubious at best.

Dionysian

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
2-1 Win over Bebeto in the Nurgle mirror match. A weird one where he dominated the D6 and 2D6 rolls but was also rolling a lot of skulls. He quadskulled early giving me an opening for the wizard - which obv fizzled and left me in a lot of trouble (we agreed it was a very cunning bait). A short time later I killed Sprechstallmeister Rotten, 10 pts shy of his tome entry - sadly regen worked. He had to score T6 tho leaving me 3 turns to reply and a pitch invasion helped create the space to make that relatively pain free and set up the 2-1 grind win.

Only PI were a rookie rotter death and a niggle on the guard rotter - which probably signifies the end of his career. I'm fairly happy with that vs the bashiest team in the div as I'd expected to lose at least one positional.

Borke

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Borke
Country Flag
Yeah, I managed to open S21 with a win by my Underworld. Here is the match report I posted over at the OCC:

MD 1 saw The Judge Mentals up against Desalbert's Hopeless Hungry Horde. Last season we lost 0-1 to them, as I wasn't able to break through the wall of zombies (and he has an annoying amount of Tackle and Frenzy on his team).

For the rematch, Desalbert chose to receive. His SH zombie managed the pickup and the Horde started shambling down the pitch. I managed to separate his team pretty well, though, so the ball carrier came under heavy pressure early on. I spilled the ball a couple of times, eventually picking it up with a goblin, but unable to get much support to him. At this point I gambled. It was pretty certain The Horde would not be able to score first half, so I could have played it safe and been content with that. But I wanted to try and get the defensive touchdown, so I used the Wizard's Fireball on a group of 3 players. I managed to knock one down (the Tackle zombie marking my goblin), creating a small opening, through which the ball carrier managed to run away. However, the dodge attempt with a blitzer, intended to provide some cover, failed, so The Horde didn't have too much trouble preventing my score.

The second half started with a short kick, and after some ineffective opening blocks by The Judges (as well as a bomb by Dribble, his only, cause he left the field dead after a block next turn), I was forced to build a cage near the LOS. Desalbert managed to get his annoying Blodge FG next to the BC rat, so I opted for a hand off and switching sides. However, my blocking stayed ineffective, and so I ground to a halt about 3 or 4 steps into the Horde's half. The team was slowly getting depitched, and eventually I was overpowered and the ball was knocked lose and picked up by the +agi zombie. However, in an attempt to not get it in contact with my prone linerat, Desalbert parked the zombie on the sideline in surfing position and marked my linerat. Then came the play that won me the game, when Nuffle decided to hand me some good dice for a change. I dodged the linerat out, ran it around the group of zombies, made two GFIs for a 2d against, having it come up Push / Pow. The ball was thrown in right in the centre of the Horde half, where I had a Goblin! The Goblin dodged from a tackle zone (no Tackle), made the pickup and then two GFIs to end up completely out of range of any Horde players, and within reach of the end zone. I ran the TD in on my turn 15, and the Horde's max speed of 6 even with GFIs meant they weren't able to score again :D

Dribble continues to be extremely underwhelming for me. He was only effective in 1 out of 9 games last season, and tonight he didn't contribute a lot again.

One linerat is out MNG (apo from a -AV), and a rookie Goblin will get himself fired after picking up a -MA. Otherwise The Judges are in good shape. A Goblin leveled and Adjudicator Nuts got the MVP and a casualty, bringing him to 26 SPP.

XanderV

Veteran
Country Flag
Hello guys, I'm willing to join the fun if you'll have me, I'll try to write a little something about each of my matches and maintain a team blog since I should have the time to now. I'm in 5A with my Top Git Humans. :D

Squall

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
2-0 Win for my Nurgle (they have 2 block...) vs a zon side!

I think mvp should of goen to the BoN that held the zons in his grasp while I wished for more pows lol. Some failed dodges gave me small holes to attack in which gave me the win in the end!

Now I have enough money to buy my 4th NW back (AGAIN)

20phoenix

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
20phoenix
Country Flag
Hello guys, I'm willing to join the fun if you'll have me, I'll try to write a little something about each of my matches and maintain a team blog since I should have the time to now. I'm in 5A with my Top Git Humans. :D

And if we won't? :rolleyes:

Citizen Nev

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Good start by the Visionaries in Div 1

We nearly lost 3 of our best players but ended up only losing 2.

This was the highlight of the game.

NEXT!

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
Good start by the Visionaries in Div 1

We nearly lost 3 of our best players but ended up only losing 2.

This was the highlight of the game.

NEXT!

Division 1 is very hard for us plebs :(

XanderV

Veteran
Country Flag
I do have some respect for races who kill at low TV but suck at high TV. I'd like to see such a champion. Dwarf, Undead, Amazon, Norse, Human...

Wishful thinking. Sigh.

Oh, I drew my season opener 2-2 due to late game heroics. Deserved to lose but hey, I'll take it. :)

TravelScrabble

Mega Star Player
Steam Username
travelscrabble
Cyanide Username
travelscrabble
Country Flag
I do have some respect for races who kill at low TV but suck at high TV. I'd like to see such a champion. Dwarf, Undead, Amazon, Norse, Human...

Wishful thinking. Sigh.

Oh, I drew my season opener 2-2 due to late game heroics. Deserved to lose but hey, I'll take it. :)

skaven :) go Juriel!

Everblue

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
We had a necro champion only a couple of seasons ago!

Other leagues have hybrid champs - zons in the OFL, humans in the UKBBL. It does happen from time to time.

tys123

Courier Staff
Country Flag
I find necro best at mid TV.
At high TV you are relying on a few players so losing a superstar wolf screws up your entire season.

Juriel

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I find necro best at mid TV.
At high TV you are relying on a few players so losing a superstar wolf screws up your entire season.

This. Also goes for Skaven, really. Losing a star positional, to get replaced by a useless lineman, is such a huge drop, and by that stage, you can be assured that every opponent will have dedicated killers etc.

20phoenix

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
20phoenix
Country Flag
This. Also goes for Skaven, really. Losing a star positional, to get replaced by a useless lineman, is such a huge drop, and by that stage, you can be assured that every opponent will have dedicated killers etc.

This is what I'm finding with my league skaven. I can get to the top level but can't get over the final bump as I'm playing an endless procession of bash which constantly leaves me down on vital positionals. Wizards help but its not a reliable long term strategy.

Barmution

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Barmution
Country Flag
I'll take your word for it as my main experience with Necro is from Auld and that hardly counts for anything :p