Undead Too many doubles?

Stareater

Veteran
Country Flag
Hi all,

Trying to learn the new rulesets I picked up a copy of the cyanide game and played a few games online. For some reason I have been rolling like lady fortune herself with one of my mummies, creating a long killing spree (sounds better than casualty spree).

But my luck does not end there. While developing it I have rolled three consecutive doubles. For the first two I picked Block and Side Step which are skills that I think makes the most sense to use doubles on.

But for the third double I am a bit puzzled, I am thinking about getting guard even though it feels like wasting a double. What are your thoughts?

maxcarrion

Super Star Player
Country Flag
Frenzy would be great, personally I'd like to take diving tackle and really upset people, if there's one thing worse than being next to a mummy it's knowing that the git can easily trip you if you try to run :p after that it would be Break Tackle and the guy would just be the nastiest marker in christendom :D incidently I think side step was a waste, stand firm would've done the job and not wasted the double :p

Smiler6310

Veteran
Country Flag
Frenzy would be a good choice. Dodge would be another, not many people will have the capablity to knock over a S5 blodger!

Rusty

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
I think I'd go with Dodge, and then get Break Tackle next if you ever fail to roll a double. :p Frenzy would be a good choice too. Diving Tackle will make him annoying but remember it'll take all of his movement just to stand up next turn.

Etheric

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Etheric
Country Flag
A mummy with block, dodge and break tackle would be the ultimate cage breaker.

Just walk into 3 tackle zones with 4+ and a dodge reroll (75%) then smack the ball carrier with str 5, block and mighty blow. In a typical X cage he would need 2 guys with guard stannding the right side or extra str on the ball carrier to stop you getting a 2d block.

If you get another double get tackle too and you can take almost anyone down, and be a complete nightmare for most bashy teams.

Diving tackle would be annoying for sure, especially together with side step, but with only mv 3 not sure I would take it.

Stareater

Veteran
Country Flag
Thanks for all the input. Diving tackle seems risky with MV3. Frenzy doesn't really suit my style of play. Going with dodge (and later break tackle) and will make him my "cage breaker".

EatThisShoe

Rookie
Country Flag
Block, Tackle, Dodge. The mummy is a hitter with mighty blow so tackle helps negate dodge both for hitting and for escaping. Blodge against bash teams could be quite annoying, and could draw tacklers away from the ghouls. Dodge + break tackle is pretty cool, but I wouldn't expect him to be breaking cages much with his low MV.

I think tackle is the strongest choice.

Last edited:

Murderholic

Veteran
Country Flag
Do you already have guard?

If not, I'd say pass on doubles. Without guard on mummies, your zombies can't really do anything but take punches in the face. Zombies aren't the stars of the team, but you do need to level them up to stay competitive IMO.

If yes, tackle or diving tackle would both be sexy skills to pick up. At movement 3, you really don't want people leaving your tackles zones. Diving tackle gives you a great chance to cause a turnover for your opponent. Not many people want to risk 4+ or 5+ dodge rolls even with the dodge skill. That will help ensure you have plenty of people to hit each turn, and you probably will be able to get by on the threat of using the skill without actually using it (another plus)

John McGuirk

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
'I agree with Max' is fast becoming my Gordon Brown catchphrase but Diving Tackle is a great pick. If you'd have taken Tackle to go with Block, his next skill could be Break Tackle, then Stand Firm, then Grab, and you'd have had, in my opinion, an all but perfect player (seeing as there wouldn't have been room for Dodge).

EatThisShoe

Rookie
Country Flag
I really don't like diving tackle on a mummy personally. If you go prone you are spending your next entire turn standing up, so if the dodge was late in the turn, and/or not essential to the next turn you might not even want to use it. What is even worse is that an elf with dodge still has a 50% chance of making his reroll (assuming no other tackle zones) then you are on the ground, losing a turn, and he gets away. Fast players can afford to go prone, and they can get near the players you really want to control the most, plus most of them can take tackle without a double.

I do think diving tackle has good synergy with sidestep however, getting him into cages would be a huge pain. My main concern is that if my opponent sees it coming he can easily outmaneuver a MV3 piece, or tie him up with a cheap marker. It seems like it would be best when it takes the opponent by surprise. Guard could also work well with sidestep for getting into cages but seems like a safer choice that fits the mummy's stat line better.