Big Crunch S3 MD9 results

akirilus

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
867-5309 and ShortManSyndrome play to a 1-1 tie to finish out season 3.

Great game coachman! I had 250K in inducements and was sorely tempted to take APOx2 and babe... but decided to go for the win, and took Wizard + babe x2 . Won the toss, kicked it away, and immediately saw an opportunity to use the wizard. Only 1/3 KD, and no armor break, AND the dwarves caught the dropped ball, but it opened up a blitz opportunity, and I was able to steal the ball away... But then every other d6 roll I attempted came up 1s, when they weren't coming up snake-eyes, and coachman was able to recover the ball and very comfortably stall out the rest of the half before scoring. I then received, and scrambled madly all over the field before eventually getting in scoring range on turn 14... only to be straight-POWed on a dodge-gfi blitz by the extra strong runner (who lacks Dodge or Tackle, but makes up for it in dice rolling). He naturally KOed my blodger on top of knocking him down, so I felt compelled to use the apo and have the blitzer back for any sort of last ditch effort that might be put forward. But then coachman failed to secure the ball, and there it was, guarded by one lone dwarf. All I needed was to not snake eye a dodge and then I would have a 2d blitz to push the marker away, and a 2+ pickup to walk the ball in for an equalizer. Snake-eyes. So now coahcman grabs the ball and throws it upfield to his Diving Tackle blitzer, who fails the catch of an accurate long pass... Turn 16/15 - all I have is garbage or even more garbage. Penny the wrestling witch elf jumps up, dodges, and makes a 1d block against the DT blitzer - POW!. So now the ball is only marked by a troll slayer, who doesn't have DT. My lineman then runs away from the deathroller, makes the 3+ pickup, and dodges away from the troll slayer. That's the easy part. Now I have to throw a 4-3 pass over an intercepting dwarf (which is still a 17% chance of the ball going to the wrong team from that alone) - success. Now a 2+ dodge to equalize? Amazingly, the 2+ also worked, so it's 1-1.

But the excitement isn't over - coachman has an MA7, Agi4 runner, so he sets up for a 1 turner. And gets all 4 pushes that he needs. And picks up the ball. And completes the pass over an intercepting elf (who would have needed the same 6 the dwarf needed earlier, but still). And... the runner fails his second 3+ dodge and KOs himself. But coachman was three 2+ rolls away from scoring a 1-turner. As dwarves.

Whewh - crazy game. Injuries were not quite as abundant as one might suspect. The dwarves BHed one of my line elves on the very opening block sequence, but after that their ruthlessness subsided. Of course, they only need to be so ruthless when my niggled blitzer fails a dodge (was a 3+), and injures himself - another niggle! Awesome - I think that's the end of the 60 SPP DT blitzer - double niggled is worse than stunty... Then in the second half Jenny took a BH - but a BH is good in my book, so the apo stayed put (to be used to assist on the KO later). I also managed to inflict one injury - Jenny MBed a troll slayer into the CAS box. The original diagnosis was broken ribs, and the dwarf apo offered to damage the slayer's back as incentive to get up - such treatment was turned down, and the slayer will contend with a week in the hospital.

GG coachman - nice playing you, good luck next season. I doubt we'll be in the same division, but look forward to a rematch!

Last edited:

Fallowheart

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Fallowheart
Country Flag
Crush of Night 1-1 J-Dawgs

predictable fouling out of the gate for Juriel lasted all game long as KO's piled up hard and elves dwindled. I did my fair share of hitting, but there wasn't much for it. thankfully no real damage so i'll be strong in Nordland next season.

GG Juriel, fend is something that I think my own team could benefit from greatly. it's a real PITA skill and you use it and guard very very well.

congratulations to Squall, Jounisii, and Netsmurf on their respective promotions!

Ken

Kenny the Mechanic
Country Flag
Werebat / Best bitter - your match replay is missing from BBM, just post here when it is fixed.

Ging

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Ging
Country Flag
Reikland

Furfeet of Oddball Dunst 0 - 1 Pixel Mafia

Halfings induced Zara, Deeproot & Chef, and we chose to kick.
Chef nicks 2/3 RRs.
The 3 trees brought the pain with plenty of armour breaking, however we do manage to sack the ball carrier mid-half but we fail the pickup and the scatter was caught by Deeproot!! :D
He got held up by the humans and eventually downed on a 1d block. The ball sat on the floor for a couple of turns until T8 when my AG4 blitzer managed a dodge, pickup, dodge (2+ 3+ 2+) without RR, to take the ball clear, but it was asking a bit much to also then make the 3+ 3+ pass and catch. So 0-0 at half time.

Second half Chef nicks just the 1 RR.
I didn't finish my setup for the second half and it got a bit hairy when the flings got a Blitz! on kickoff and the ball landed in my EZ.
With my thrower already BH the AG4 blitzer was the safest bet for a tricky pickup, which he made, and we slowly progressed forward. A couple of Take Roots burned a RR and saw one tree rooted, and we lived a little dangerously with them still lobbing halflings at our cage.
But in the end we were able to keep it safe to score on T16.

GG Altashheth, tight match.

That sees the Mafia close out the season with a symmetrical 2-5-2 record, not sure if it'll be enough to stay in Reikland though.

akirilus

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
That sees the Mafia close out the season with a symmetrical 2-5-2 record, not sure if it'll be enough to stay in Reikland though.

Yeah - 5 draws is definitely better than 5 losses :) , but the 3-1-0 point system does subtly reward risk taking. A win and a loss net you more than two draws - just as long as you can keep your gambles at least 50-50 and don't get in a big rut :) .

Fallowheart

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Fallowheart
Country Flag
Confirming the 3-0. not much of a game really, but Mikko made out pretty well :D

same to you. Catch you later.

Altashheth

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
Reikland

Furfeet of Oddball Dunst 0 - 1 Pixel Mafia

Halfings induced Zara, Deeproot & Chef, and we chose to kick.
Chef nicks 2/3 RRs.
The 3 trees brought the pain with plenty of armour breaking, however we do manage to sack the ball carrier mid-half but we fail the pickup and the scatter was caught by Deeproot!! :D
He got held up by the humans and eventually downed on a 1d block. The ball sat on the floor for a couple of turns until T8 when my AG4 blitzer managed a dodge, pickup, dodge (2+ 3+ 2+) without RR, to take the ball clear, but it was asking a bit much to also then make the 3+ 3+ pass and catch. So 0-0 at half time.

Second half Chef nicks just the 1 RR.
I didn't finish my setup for the second half and it got a bit hairy when the flings got a Blitz! on kickoff and the ball landed in my EZ.
With my thrower already BH the AG4 blitzer was the safest bet for a tricky pickup, which he made, and we slowly progressed forward. A couple of Take Roots burned a RR and saw one tree rooted, and we lived a little dangerously with them still lobbing halflings at our cage.
But in the end we were able to keep it safe to score on T16.

GG Altashheth, tight match.

Yeah this happened.... Lots of armour breaks, mostly stunned... No real chance to break through on my drive... No real chance to break in on the defence....

Sad FOOD :(

cjblackburn

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
cjblackburn
Country Flag
Trousers and Chig both finished in similar manners to the way they spent their time in AltDwarf. Dying and killing respectively. Good Game Chak and have fun in whatever you decide to do.

chakkal2001

Star Player
Country Flag
Yeah 1-0 for La Chigre in the classical match where MB receives against AV7 and crashes the hell out of it.

Well at least this time I will be the one leavin a place free in Altdwarf!! It's just justice since we stayed in it last season because of it afterall!

P.D: BBM is not workin atm, will try to fix it later

Werebat

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Werebat
Country Flag
Werebat / Best bitter - your match replay is missing from BBM, just post here when it is fixed.

Gah, I was wondering why it wasn't being validated (specifically asked about it in another thread too). Will get right on it, right now!

Thanks!

Edit: Match resubmitted. BBM told me it "seemed to already exist", but I told it to go ahead and submit anyway. Hope all is well.

Last edited:

Nikolai II

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Dreamy
Cyanide Username
Dreamy
Country Flag
If it said the game already existed you've probably submitted it to the same day again ..

You need to set the correct MD before pressing upload. ;)

Or someone moved your old game. You can check the game in BBM and see which day it is listed as. If it is the wrong one you don't need to reupload, just press the "edit" button to the left of the game and change matchday.
This can be done by the BBM league owner, and by the person who uploaded.