Tactics Loner or crippled player?

Doover

Star Player
Country Flag
My Chaos Pact Team has only 11 player right now and not enough money to replace a player. (ok ok I´m saving for the third Big Guy)

But I have a Lineman with AG-1 (3 SPP´s). So I´m thinking about firing him to get a fresh lineman with Loner for the next game.

Right now my tendency is to keep him until I can replace him or if he get´s a lvl up keeping him at all. On the other hand I hve the feeling I put some work into an allready broken player who I will retire later.

(He isn´t MNG anymore, allready waited a game but didn´t earned enough money. Have 90k now and need 140k so maybe I even have to save 2 more games.)

Netsmurf

Mega Star Player
Cyanide Username
Netsmurf
Country Flag
Keep him for smacking the enemy or marking the enemy big guy. He is still better than a loner and you do not mind if he dies - that makes him a perfect player:pow:

Gallows Bait

Super Moderator
Steam Username
Gallows-Bait
Cyanide Username
Gallows Bait
Country Flag
I'd agree with Netsmurf, he's still more useful on the line of scrimmage than a journeyman player with loner in my view.

You won't be using him to grab the ball any time and may struggle to dodge, but for marking up strong opposing players and taking a smack to the face, he is still good and in both cases you'll have to live with the risk of the player attracting the spp.

I'm in a similar position with a -1 MV Elf lineman and for now I'm reluctant to sack him, if only because he keeps my roster at 12, so if I fire him and can't replace him I won't gain a journeyman.

John McGuirk

Mega Star Player
Country Flag
On the other hand - and I'm sure you'll have considered this - if he's not a long term part of your plans, and you've only got 11 players, you risk him getting the MVP with each match he plays.

I think you could fire him, roll with the Loner for the LoS (where do they find all these guys, anyway? Auld World Suicidalists Anonymous?) and then if he should get through the match in one piece and pick up the MVP you can buy that SPP back and it won't be wasted. The odds of that happening are admittedly tiny, but you'd kick yourself if it happened!

EatThisShoe

Rookie
Country Flag
With 3 SPP, if he gets MVP he can take a skill to enhance his LoS duty. -AG is hardly going to effect his performance, so you could keep him a while if he skilled and was more useful than a new one.

Doover

Star Player
Country Flag
Well seems like you guys just saved somebody´s life... ;)
I´ll keep him. At least until he gets beaten up some more or I get an insane amount of money.
thxs for your help.