1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1.1 5 skills wood elves

Discussion in 'NAF Resurrection Tournament Tactics' started by Cavemanben, Jun 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Cavemanben

Cavemanben New Member

Country Flag:
    Hi, going to my first tournament in a couple of weeks and taking my wood elves even though i’ve Never had much luck with them. Thinking...

5 linemen
    2 Wardancers
    Thrower
    3 catchers
    2 RR
    Apothecary

Can pick 5 normal skills, 1 skill per player and can only use the same skill twice.
    Hoping some kindly blood bowl veterans can help me choose and offer some advice.
    I was thinking nerves of steel on 2 catchers, frenzy on a war dancer, kick on a lineman and accurate on the thrower.

2. tys123

tys123 Courier Staff

Country Flag:
    NoS on catcher is a double and also not worth it.

I would go tackle and strip ball on the dancers , block and wrestle on 2 catchers.
    Leaving either leader on the thrower , kick on a lineman or skill the 3rd catcher.

Also I would consider dropping a reroll to upgrade a lineman into a tree if taking leader.

Borke likes this.
  3. Cavemanben

Cavemanben New Member

Country Flag:
    cool cheers I may just do the tree thing, was sad about leaving spruce Willis at home

4. Cavemanben

Cavemanben New Member

Country Flag:
    Reckon I should put grab on the tree?

5. SirSebstar

SirSebstar Member

Country Flag:
    grab helps with one turn touchdowns(ott), but really a skill on a tree is wasted most of the times.
    so i pick kick over grab. there is debate however.
    tackle, strip ball on wardancer is pretty common. some pick strip ball, frenzy to keep sidelines clear and a sidestep catcher for sideline cager, assiss and the ott. its something you need to be comfortable with. frenzy is a difficult skill to master and most good coachs are not bathered by you having it, so mostly its more a hindrance than tackle
    also your lineup seems to be only 110k, so you could take a free tree without losing the reroll.

so skills seem to be strip ball, tackle(or frenzy), block wrestle catchers, and a 5th skill is up in the air. if you do go frenzy, take strip ball. if not you can take a block catcher, a leader thrower, an kick catcher(since the lineman do LOS duty) or even a grab tree