1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slann / Kislev Circus 1.15 Slann roster

Discussion in 'NAF Resurrection Tournament Tactics' started by Stareater, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Stareater

Stareater Member

Country Flag:
    Hi all,

I'm planning on taking my brand new Slann team to a tourney soon and need some advice on my roster. Have never played with or against Slann so this will be very interesting. Have tried to read up on some advice on how to play them, but are having a hard time building a tourney roster I like. Tourney rules are:

- LRB6/CRP, swiss, resurrection
    - 1.150.000 gc
    - Normal skills and Double skills can be bought at 20.000 and 30.000 each.
    - Max one skill per player
    - No inducements what so ever

I would like to squeeze in a Krox in my build but I don't really like what I get. This is my current build, but I don't really like it that much. Need some help from people that has actually played Slann.

1 Krox with Block
    4 Catchers
    2 Blitzers
    4 Linemen, 1 with wrestle, 1 with strip ball
    3 RR
    1 FF

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  2. Netsmurf

Netsmurf Well-Known Member

Cyanide Username:
    Netsmurf
    Country Flag:
    How many rerolls is that build? I would start with 4 rerolls myself:powdodge:

3. Coach

Coach Administrator Head Coach

Country Flag:
    I think the general consensus is that Slann Blitzers are overpriced for tournaments, especially as they don't have Block.

If you dropped both for two Linemen you would have an extra 100k to spend. This could get you an Apothecary, Guard and another Block or Wrestle. Would be nice to get Dodge on some of the Catchers too.

Krox
    4 Catchers
    6 Linemen
    3 Rerolls
    Apothecary

This leaves you 130k to spend on skills. 5 normal and one double.

4. Stareater

Stareater Member

Country Flag:
    True the blitzers are probably overpriced and some more skilled linemen makes more sense. I usually play more league games rather than tournaments and it is hard to get into the optimised bang for the buck thinking.

I like my new build better:

1 Kroxigor with Block
    4 Catchers, 1 with Guard, 2 with Dodge
    6 Linemen, 1 with wrestle, 1 with strip ball, 1 with Guard
    4 RR

Thanks for the help.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2011
  5. Doover

Doover Member

Country Flag:
    Hmm I´m counting that for 1.190k cost for that team.

It is actually the same build just replaced Apo with another RR and choose the skills. (And spend 40k more)

6. Nikolai II

Nikolai II Super Moderator Moderator

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Basic team:

Krox = 140
    4 RR = 200
    4 Catchers = 320
    6 Linemen = 360

Sum = 1020, leaving 130 k

2 Wrestle Linemen to open stuff, 2 Dodge Catchers to use leap only when needed (and to safely get away from a successful leap), One guard Krox and one hail mary catcher to keep the ball in the backfield.

Kroxless team:

4 RR = 200
    4 Catchers = 320
    7 Linemen = 420
    Apothecary = 50

Sum 970, leaving 180 k

2 Dodge catchers, 2 Guard linemen/catchers, 2 wrestle linemen, Leader lineman, Hail mary lineman (or possibly catcher).

7. Stareater

Stareater Member

Country Flag:
    I studied math in university for several years and know how to solve differential equations, but I still havn't learnt addition.

8. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Where is this game by the way?

9. Stareater

Stareater Member

Country Flag:
  10. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Just checking. If close enough to Stockholm I'll at least have to consider them :D

11. Stareater

Stareater Member

Country Flag:
    Well it's only a 9h drive...

12. Nikolai II

Steam Username:
    Dreamy
    Cyanide Username:
    Dreamy
    Country Flag:
    Yes, of course, I'll gladly drive nine hours.. for a new years party - not for a tournament. Besides, I'm married now, so I might not even drive nine hours for a party :p

13. Grumbledook

Grumbledook Member

Country Flag:
    I'd be concerned about only having 11 players, even with an apoth

especially given you will have 4 ST2 AV7 players on the team who don't come with block or dodge to start with for protection

you may soon find yourself outnumbered, though I guess slann can deal with that a bit better due to the leap threat is always there

sure four rerolls is nice but the less players you have the harder stuff you will have to attempt which will soon eat those up, I think an extra player or the apoth if you don't have one would be better

it is hard to quantify how much use another player is over the course of a drive though, it is easy to think "I wish I'd taken another reroll" when you fail the gfi into the end zone though

it is a tricky decision, though slann haven't had much in the way of games played at tournaments yet, at least from a feedback point of view on which is better